Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default Spacing out workouts??

Hello!!
I am currently involved in two bootcamps - one that is provided by my work and consists of two GoodLife classes per week (we rotate through BodyPump, Body Attack and Jillian Micheal's BodyShred) and a bootcamp that is provided through a local personal training gym that is much more intense and includes HIIT type training.
Our work bootcamp is always on Monday and Thursday afternoons, while the one on my own time is on Monday and Wednesday mornings before I go to work. If possible I try to get to the gym on Saturday or Sunday for a class, but that doesn't always happen.
My question is this: does spacing out workouts matter? I realize it is a bit ridiculous to be doing two bootcamps every Monday, but I as the schedules are pre-set, I have no choice. I'm worried that the way my workouts are spaced out may be sabotaging my efforts! Can anyone offer advice? Is this a ridiculous question?? LOL
cupotea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I space my work outs, I walk once as soon as it turns day light at 6:00 or 6:30 and then I'll walk again at 7:30 pm before it gets dark, Is that what you mean by spacing out your work outs?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I listen to my body. I normally train twice a day.

I run every day. Do weight training 3-5 days a week and boxing 2 days a week. If my body says no, I skip a session.

I was going to run today and do weight training. But body said no to weight training, so that was a no today.

My trick is to leave at least 24 hours between exercising the same body groups. You can overtrain, but my experience is that the body can take quite a bit before reaching those limits

I did overtrain once though. I was running 6 miles a day every day and one day could just not do it any more. I wound my runs back to 3-4 miles and tweaked my diet and everything is good again.

Last edited by IanG; 05-17-2014 at 04:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
I space my work outs, I walk once as soon as it turns day light at 6:00 or 6:30 and then I'll walk again at 7:30 pm before it gets dark, Is that what you mean by spacing out your work outs?
Hi Terra! Sorry, I should have been more clear.. I meant that I end up working out twice on Monday and once Wednesday and Thursday. I'm wondering if front loading the week like that is a bad idea.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I listen to my body. I normally train twice a day.

I run every day. Do weight training 3-5 days a week and boxing 2 days a week. If my body says no, I skip a session.

I was going to run today and do weight training. But body said no to weight training, so that was a no today.

My trick is to leave at least 24 hours between exercising the same body groups. You can overtrain, but my experience is that the body can take quite a bit before reaching those limits

I did overtrain once though. I was running 6 miles a day every day and one day could just not do it any more. I wound my runs back to 3-4 miles and tweaked my diet and everything is good again.
Oh wow! You're a superstar! That's amazing.
Ok, glad I'm not alone in the twice a day thing. Very good points about listening to your body and not training the same body groups. I'll keep both in mind. Thanks for your response!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

Thanks cupotea. It really is my best advice. If your body says no, don't do it. You'll know when it says no!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #7  

Two-a-day's! Oh man, how did I miss this thread?

As long as your body doesn't start screaming 'I HATE YOU' the next day, I say go for it! It might also be handy for you to make a point of eating at least two 'meals' between your workouts on Monday, and you should be gold. Have fun!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defining View Post
Two-a-day's! Oh man, how did I miss this thread?

As long as your body doesn't start screaming 'I HATE YOU' the next day, I say go for it! It might also be handy for you to make a point of eating at least two 'meals' between your workouts on Monday, and you should be gold. Have fun!

Thanks, Defining! I usually eat breakfast and lunch in between, so I guess I should be ok.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

I normally do breakfast...wait a bit...workout....workout...lunch.

Lunch is especially tasty that way!

I read a lot of posters on here who don't like eating this or that. But, trust me on this, do two workouts between breakfast and lunch and you will eat anything!

Last edited by IanG; 05-21-2014 at 09:00 PM.