General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #1  
losing it for good

S/C/G: 219.2/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default 24

Wow, I can't believe there's not a 24 thread yet! When The Walking Dead ended for the season, I figured I wouldn't turn on the tv for anything but to use the DVD player or the Xbox. But then Jack came back!!!

What did everyone think of the first episode last week? I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It was like stepping into an old and comfortable pair of shoes. I love that Audrey is back, I always liked her. And I love Chloe and Jack's chemistry. Not a huge fan of Chloe's new look but I understand why.

I really wasn't sure how they would carry on without CTU in the picture, but it seems to be working so far. My husband and I were wondering if there may be more people from the past that will show up. If there are too many, it could get cheesy. The problem is, most people that Jack knows die. I can't remember if Tony was still alive at the end; wasn't he the one who helped Chloe in making Jack "disappear" in the last episode? Gah, it's been so long!
forkeeps2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Perched on the couch - 3 minutes to episode 2! Will comment tomorrow.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I love the development on this show - these writers are GREAT!!! Last night nothing *really* happened, but they've set the stage for these weird multiple plots. I think it's the most riveting hour of television possible - an hour goes by so fast! DS14 is just getting started with advanced fiction writing, so we spend the commercials discussing how the scenes advance the story. Funny, sometimes you don't see the connections for a few weeks and sometimes not even until the end. I suspect that poor husband is going to play a significant role in Jack's success in stopping the drones.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #4  
losing it for good

S/C/G: 219.2/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

You're right, not much action last night (but I sure loved that intense scene with the CIA agents in the car, in the hood, with that guy in the backseat... that female CIA agent is hardcore!). The writers are extremely good at setting the stage for later developments, no matter how long it takes.

Which husband? I'm guessing you mean the one with the terrorist mother-in-law (what a charmer she is, huh?). Although Audrey's husband is probably going to end up being collateral damage at some point... didn't the same happen to another of her husbands in a previous season? The guy Jack tortured using a lamp cord?

President Heller should have known better than to face Parliament. That was brutal. I suspect he will probably make a decision, before the day is over, not to serve out his full term.

Ugh, waiting an entire week is almost as brutal as the torture scenes!
forkeeps2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Oh, I hear ya! It would be even worse, though, to sit out the season and then watch the episodes back to back, without commercials, on Netflix. I need a week to recover my heart rate.

Yes, I meant the poor guy with the assassin wife and terrorist MIL. I think he'll crack at exactly the last possible second and give up a key piece of info.

Agree - the Parliament decision was not a good one. So if he doesn't serve out a full term ... we have yet to be introduced to the VP who would succeed him. Might be one of those previous main characters! I'm still waffling on Mark. DS14 has him pegged as a puppet. They tend not to do well in this series.