Hey 3FCs 20 somethings

Its May! here is our May daily chat sooooo chat away
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

oh god where is the year going?!?

on a positive note, I have done 7 consecutive days of mindfulness and 2 consecutive days of gyming. DONT ask about food. It's next on the list. I'm just glad I finally seem to have got started on things!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #3  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

The year is flying by!! I can't believe it.

Congrats on the week of mindfulness!! you know they say it only takes 15 days to make something a habit, and I hope "they're" right!!!

last week was less exercise and less on plan than I had hoped so this week I am making it up with 15 extra minutes of cardio each day and so far so good

Have a great day all & keep it up!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

It really is flying by. My vacation is just over a month away and we still have a ton of planning to do (and I have some weight to lose). Oh boy!

I've been doing well in terms of working out and with food but my mind and the scale are playing games with me.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I'm starting the gym today gonna stick to 3 days a week I think having one of the workouts the day before weigh in is gonna help.im hoping with healthy eating and adding in exercise the weight will start coming off much easier
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #6  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Not having a good day today :| I started with a really good workout, I spent nearly two hours at the gym, then had a decent breakfast. I was really hungry by lunch, which is odd for me, and I was craving cheese, so I worked that into my lunch. I was still hungry after that. And then I wanted chocolate. BAD. I ended up wasting almost 100 calories on two tiny mini-Hershey bars and then debated for a solid ten minutes whether I should just blow today and eat some Easter candy. I didn't, but I came close.

I need to add some extra cardio today to compensate. And maybe re-plan dinner. And I was feeling really good about today, too
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #7  

Today is not blown at all! And don't beat yourself up over a little chocolate that is 100 calories, I know you worked that off at the gym this morning. You feel guilty that you went off plan a little and that is scary b/c we feel that once it happens that day is ruined, or we are out of control. But you didn't blow it, you didn't have more easter candy!! that is an accomplishment, at least for me it would be. Just move on and if it makes you feel better to do a little extra cardio tonight to make it up to yourself then go for it!!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xopeaceandlovexo View Post
Today is not blown at all! And don't beat yourself up over a little chocolate that is 100 calories, I know you worked that off at the gym this morning. You feel guilty that you went off plan a little and that is scary b/c we feel that once it happens that day is ruined, or we are out of control. But you didn't blow it, you didn't have more easter candy!! that is an accomplishment, at least for me it would be. Just move on and if it makes you feel better to do a little extra cardio tonight to make it up to yourself then go for it!!

You're right, I should focus on the fact that I stopped myself before any damage was done... I'm really bad with self-deprecation, especially when I feel like I haven't done as well as I could. I'm very type-A with personal goals, I need to work on that!

On the plus side, I'm no longer hungry or craving chocolate, haha.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #9  

So happy I weighed myself today after my workout last nite and I'm at 163
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #10  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

futureformerfisher I completely agree with peaceandlove! I hope you woke up today feeling in better spirits. If it only takes 100 calories to quiet your chocolate craving, I'd say that's amazing!

skittlesfirehawk Congrats

I finally saw a loss this morning, too. Not quite a pound, and so very close to Onederland, but not quite yet. I'll be there soon
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #11  

@futureformerfisher if you spent 2hrs at the gym you may need a bigger lunch I like to up my protein after a workout.Dontbgeel bad for eating the chocolate in the long run it won't hurt.Your not always going to be able to stay on plan and that's ok.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #12  

I did wake up feeling much better today, thank you I think some of my frustration stemmed from ultimately ending 99 calories over plan - as in, if I hadn't eaten the chocolate, I wouldn't have gone over - but it's silly to get angry at myself for such a small amount of calories. Especially when you guys are right, I more than worked that off yesterday morning and it wasn't barely anything, anyway. I realized today that I sounded a little obsessive with my eating habits and I'm not, nor do I want to be. I do need to be a little nicer to myself and stop expecting perfection - with my eating and everything else I do! - and not get so upset over what seriously amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am my own worst critic and I gotta knock it off.

I'm usually pretty good with cravings that way, though! If I want something and I work a little of it into my meals for the day, that's usually enough to end the craving. I'm lucky with that

skittles part of my problem is that for a very long time, dinner has been my only meal of the day. I'm not usually hungry at breakfast or lunch, so now that I'm trying to eat three meals, it's confusing me when I'm hungry at noon and I just ate breakfast 3-4 hours ago! I'm still trying to make breakfast and lunch a habit (I skipped breakfast today because I was not hungry at all, but I did make a fruit smoothie for lunch) and it throws me off my game when Monday, I'm not hungry all day and Tuesday, I feel like I'm starving from the minute I wake up.

I had a .4 gain this morning, which was a little demotivating, but whatever - I'm still at 182 and I can't complain about that!

Last edited by futureformerfisher; 05-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xopeaceandlovexo View Post

Congrats on the week of mindfulness!! you know they say it only takes 15 days to make something a habit, and I hope "they're" right!!!
thank you thank you, as potentially one of the "they" I hope so too! I'm doing the Mindful in May challenge, and its funny how the mind works- most of the time I'm like, yeah! look how many days in a row i've done! And then all of a sudden yesterday I was like, oh god look how many days to go XD just gotta take one day at a time....

This pretty much sums up my day today lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfchvCyHmsc

futureformerfisher- according to sparkpeople (who I am slightly skeptical about the quality of their research), just washing the dishes can burn 100 calories so I wouldnt stress too much And for your meals, remember they dont have to be huge, especially to begin with. Small steps!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #14  

iconised ghost Man, I need to rethink my workout regimen, haha! But I'm working on not freaking out over small mistakes. I like the idea of being more mindful, what a great challenge!

So my son's school did their annual teacher's appreciation day, and we bake/buy treats like cookies and cupcakes for the teachers. I've always made tent cards with a list of ingredients, because there's quite a few teachers with allergies/dietary restrictions. This year, being mindful of what I'm trying to do (and what many of the teachers are also doing), I decided to reduce the portion size to a real portion instead of the double/oversized portions I usually make, and add the calorie count to the cards.

I wasn't in the room 15 minutes setting up and no less than seven teachers complained - everything from "can't they let us be ignorant for one day?" to "is it me or do the cookies get smaller every year?" to "great, now I can't eat ANYTHING!" I rolled my eyes and left... and was unsurprised to come back 30 minutes later and find the tent cards gone and the low-cal, sugar-free cookies I had made re-labeled as "diabetic friendly."

At least no one can say I didn't try, ugh.

Last edited by futureformerfisher; 05-09-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #15  

WOW!
I think what you did was very thoughtful!! Some people will find anything to complain about I guess.
They could have been ignorant if they wanted to lol.

Skittles & noname Great news with your losses I weigh Thursdays and was down half a pound, then this morning I couldn't help myself I got on the scale again and the other half pound was gone too! I needed to see that b/c I worked very hard this week