Old 05-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 3 (05/12-05/18)

Here we are people ... Im sure Rated will be with us soon with our results from last week ..

I was happy to have a bit of a loss this week .. still havent recovered the add on from the week before .. but most of it is better than nothing

Following doctors orders of trying to stick to no more than 1 pound a week is hard because the competitive part of me just wants to keep pushing to the limit, but I have noticed reactions when i do revert to old habits for my weight loss which saw me losing 2-4 a week .. so will behave for now and just try to be consistent

How was every elses Mothers Day?? I had a lovely quiet morning before I went to work lol .. but got a nice text from my daughter & grandkids wishing me a good day
Old 05-12-2014, 02:22 AM   #2  
Trying again

Also just wanted to add Im not sure how to BOLD the title .. any help appreciated
Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #3  

I am feeling terrible that I missed the weigh in last week.. I end up using a freebie.. Will stay on top of it from now on and will try not miss them.. I did have a loss though
Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Well chicks it a brand new week! What will we all be doing to make this the best week ever? I am going to stay within my calories, and also do some form of exercise every day, even if it's just a stroll round the block something is better than nothing, which is what I currently do
I am just finished work, have had breakfast and lunch and prelogged all the rest of my food for today, am about to go mow the grass which always gets me sweating. Happy Monday everyone!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! Yes, it's the start of week 3. I made a pot of soup last night and froze individual portions, so I am ready for lunch for weeks! It is easiest for me if I just eat similar food for breakfast and lunch - I'm used to it and look forward to it! I have my yogurt/pumpkin/spinach/flaxseed/berry smoothee in the morning, vegetable/bean/chicken soup and fruit at lunch, and I try to mix it up at dinner. So much easier for me to not make decisions, especially when I'm hungry.

Have a successful week!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Holy crap....the Blue Team Biggest Loser for this week lost 8.3 pounds! I think that's more than our whole team combined.

Hope everyone is focused and energized and committed for the new week! Go Team Red!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #7  
Amazing Revelations

Kris that soup sounds yum! I eat soup pretty much every day, I love that it's so filling for so few calories.
Novus yeah I saw someone in the blue team lost over 8lbs, that's crazy well done to her! I have been looking at your nutrition posts, your meals sound amazing!
I was browsing YouTube for exercise videos as I am determined to do some kind of exercise every day, so if it's a rainy day I will have no excuses. I tried out a walking at home video by Leslie Sansone, thinking it would be easy but it was quite tough! Just shows how unfit I am

Last edited by MissSMcC; 05-12-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Red Team:

Total Lost: -7.3 lbs (-0.26%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: Rated (-2.3 lbs, -1.42%)

Honourable Mentions:

kris2008 (-1.8 lbs, -1.16%)
Novus (-1.8 lbs, -1.03%)

Sorry for the delay in the results I was waiting for Bigmid to clarify some of the calculations since Freebies were used again this week

Have a great Week 3!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 AM   #9  
Trying again

Well done Rated, Kris & Novus Great job you three and good job to everyone else too.

I have been trying to get back into exercise but with my new job I just have no energy left and my treadmill is looking accusingly at me when I dare to open the door to that room lol ... but on the plus side with my new role I am on my feet all day and lifting, moving and just non-stop most of the day so hopefully that will make some sort of impact this week

I had 2 attacks yesterday so nervous about eating anything again .. first one was after my usual breakfast .. and the second one was near midnight .. we had had Chinese for dinner and I had exactly the same as I had last week with no effect then .. so its still trial and error .. but Im going to to try something new with beet root and hope that helps. Just had a long day (7am-330pm without a break and on my feet rushing round the whole day lol) .. so a little tired and now just relaxing at Starbucks with a coffee waiting til my hunny can pick me up and we can head home

Hope everyone else is having a good start of the week .. oh and KRIS ... what goes into your soup?? I made up a big pot of chicken/corn soup with barley last week and froze a bunch for me .. made beef/mushroom soup for my hunny ... and as we are heading into winter Im always interested in those "comfort" meals that others have
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #10  
Amazing Revelations

Well done Rated, Kris and Novus!
I have finished work for the day, about to make pork and veggies for supper then I am going swimming, hoping the rain will stay away so I can leave the car behind and walk to the pool and back. It's ladies only at the pool this evening which I feel a bit more comfortable with, no guys or screaming kids
Old 05-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #11  
Trying again

Morning friends How are we today .. its a rainy Wednesday in NZ but there is something wonderful about sitting in Starbucks having a coffee waiting to go to work on a miserable weather day lol .. the comfort of the smell of coffee and the cosy atmosphere .. yup .. love this about autumn/winter season
I tried a new juice mix last night with my infrequently used juicer .. something to help my liver I hope and reduce my attacks .. beetroot, carrot, silver beet (couldn't find any kale ) & an apple .. I might try peeling the beetroot tonight rather than just scrubbing cos it was a little earthy in taste .. still tasted good though and will add a little lemon tonight too
Busy day at work planned I think, time to review the new layout of the store and finish tidying the mixed racks of clothes which aren't in the new promo .. good to keep busy though, makes the day go faster .. but will be trying to take a break today as the 7-330 I did yesterday without a break was a little tiring lol. Must be out of practice cos I used to do that all the time
Have a great Wednesday all .. or Tuesday
Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #12  
Amazing Revelations

Just back from swimming, I walked there and back as well and boy I am sore
When I was about to get out of the pool I thought 'wow I'm not even that tired', then I went to climb the steps to get out the pool and my legs were so heavy I could hardly get out! Glad I'm on a short work day tomorrow, I have a feeling I will be in pain!

Last edited by MissSMcC; 05-13-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #13  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Hi! I missed weighing in.....my alarm went off that I set so I wouldn't forget and when it went off i said "why did i set this"? LOL!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #14  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to this week's losers!

Nightkatt - Hope you get your medical issues cleared up. That sounds pretty awful. Also, get on that treadmill even when you don't feel like it. You'll be surprised at wonderful it feels once you get started.

MissSMcC - Good on you for all that exercise! You go, girl!

For those of you who are missing weigh-ins....maybe try posting on Saturday instead of waiting until the last minute? It's so easy for something to come up to keep you away from the computer, or to forget, or whatever. If you plan to do it on Saturday, you've still got hours to do it if, for whatever reason, you don't get to it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
Novus...I have been looking at your nutrition posts, your meals sound amazing!
Meal planning and cooking has become of form of self-care/self-love for me, and the journey to get there has been awesome and incredible!

Last edited by Novus; 05-13-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #15  
Amazing Revelations

Hey everyone, happy Wednesday!
How is everyone's day and week going so far? I am still on track this week to meet my target of doing some exercise every day, just went for a walk this evening. Was looking at my calendar, it's exactly 7 weeks until we go to Greece, can't wait! Which reminds me, I will need to use my 2 freebies as we are away for a fortnight, it will be on the 6th and 13th July weigh ins.