Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Red face Today is the day

Well, today is the day that I am officially starting my new WOE. For the last couple of weeks, I have increased my physical activity, you know, the dreaded E word.

Anyway, I have started today on the South Beach diet. I have been doing a lot of research on the plan. Are any of you following this plan? Basically, this plan was started by a cardiologist in South Beach Florida thus the name. This is not a low carb diet, or low fat per se. He claims that we need to learn how to eat good carbs and good fats. It is divided into 3 phases. Phase one is the hardest and most strict. It lasts only two weeks, and you have to rid your body of sugar and flour....and by doing this, your body stops craving the refined carbs...the stuff that packs on the pounds....(and the ones I love by the way!) You know, the pizza, pasta, baked good, fast food. UGH.....anyhoo, after the first two weeks you slowly start introducing "carb foods" back into your diet, like fruits, whole grains, and such.

So, this is my deal. Funny because it really makes sense to me. I am a firm beleiver that any plan will work for people, as long as they stick with it, and makes it work for them!!! Now that is the part I usually have trouble with...the consistency. SO, I need you all to help me be disciplined with my physical activities, and keep me consistent. Thanks
Old 01-20-2004, 05:40 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Gina, I am a lo carber. Read the SBD book cover to cover. I think that the diet has alot going for it! The first few days of any lo carb plan can be the worst! But it sounds like you are determined to make it work for you!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

Angry

Thanks Pat for responding....I was begining to wonder if any one cared.....LOL Anyway, I agree that the first 14 days are the hardest. I am suffering from wicked headaches which I know can be a few things, mainly caffeine.

But, I am willing to do this....and I have to say, I had the best night sleep last night. I haen't for some time now!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #4  

not following that diet exactly, but it does sound like it makes sense. i know you can do it and with the support the ladies of this site offer it will be a whole lot easier. good luck.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  

I think that south beach diet is closest to the diet i follow wich is pretty much no sugar, good carbs like wheat and veggies and fruits and lean protein and healthy fats. I stick pretty close to that when i can.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #6  

it really does sound alot like the diabetic diet that i follow and it seems to be working for me.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #7  
You can do it!!!!

Yes, Julie it is very similar to your diet. I read your post the other day on the PCOS board. At least I think it was you. I am being tested for that now. ANd the endo said that a "Lower carb" diet is the only way I am going to lose weight.
Closed Thread