Old 04-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning, Everyone!

My name is Jeni. I am married with 2 kids, Mak is 10, Tommy is 8. After Mak and Tommy were born, I spent four years losing weight. I went from 199 to 135. To get to that 135 I was working out 2-3 hours a day and eating 1200 calories. That weight wasn't maintainable for me. Then after a shoulder injury, I stopped working out completely and spent the next several years gaining back the weight I worked so hard to lose. In July I decided to take my body back. So I started running again and counting calories. My results:

July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8

My w/I day is the 22 of each month. I am in maintenance mode right now. (I am doing an okay job at this, but I find it really hard.) I haven't had time or ambition this past week to workout, which lead to crappy eating. So no more!!! I need to get my booty back on the treadmill (too wet outside to run). I may not be in loss mode, but I still need to watch what I am eating and portion control.

My Y is offering a 1/2 marathon class. It's a 12 week program meeting 3 times per week. I really want to take it, but running after working all day is going to be rough. (for those who are just getting to know me I work 12 hour shifts in a food processing plant.) I don't have long to decide because I'm sure the class will fill up fast.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute treadmill time
E keep it under control!
D focus my energy on being positive!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well summer is a comin.... I need to get back into a bathing suit. YIKES!! Well last night was my first outside run of the year. It was really windy and super rocky. They had grated the road yesterday. It slowed me down a bit picking my way through the gravel. It felt great to be outside though. Bonus>>>>181.6 today. Now if I can just keep that going.

Have the day off today for Good Friday. Enjoy your weekend ladies.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~ Great job!! I hope your loss holds!

DH and I got to the gym yesterday. My heart wasn't in it, but I worked out for 60 minutes.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E don't over do it!
D Work hard!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all! I am Mavis. 47, married and mother of 2 men.
One finishing his Masters, so he will be home for the summer. Other lives across the country. But he is happy, so I am too. Also have a spoiled fur baby, a very old bird and two jobs. I sell real estate and work as an injury adjuster for an insurance carrier.

I just finished a challenge at the Y, lost only about 10 pounds, but 3% of my body fat, so that was good. Have not worked out seriously since Tuesday, I broke a blood vessel in my eye and have to let it heal. It looks like **** and I have to wear my glasses which throws my depth perception off, so running is out. Yuck. Going for another walk today, figure better than nothing!!

Counting calories while watching carbs, running spinning and getting better at weights. Gonna get to goal.

W 100
E walk, weights
E OP
D keep moving forward
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #6  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies. I am mother of a hs senior, help manage the family farm/garden/windbreaks w/ dh and paint humorous acrylic mixed media in my studio. Refocusing on goals/action this week, making some progress.

Mavis, sending healing energy, hope your eye recovers quickly.

Mindy, congrats on getting out there for your first run and seeing scale moment(loss). You can do it!

Jeni, maintenance is a challenge, your focus on keeping up good habits is inspiring.

Kris, you are so right, today is tomorrow. Focus Energy for All.

Carma - how are you?

So I need a kick in the backside on the Exercise portion, so tired lately. Will work on Vit C/water hoping to feel better.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone!!

MM~ great job on the 10 pound loss! I hope your eye gets better soon!

Diana~ I hear you on the energy! I've been so exhausted too. That's why I let my workouts slide last week. I decided that no workout is a bad workout, so even if I only run a mile it is still doing me good!

So after saying that, yesterday's after work run did not happen. A potluck for work was thrown at me (and so was last minute Easter dinner shopping).I am really hoping the festivities at the in-laws will be over by the time I get off work so I can come home and workout, but if not I will settle for my Monday night workout.

W 64 oz
E nothing planned today
E watch my portions
D only eat what I am hungry for, nothing more. NO CANDY!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #8  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Morning Weedies.

Kris here. 42. Overweight. Overworked. Overwhelmed. Wife. Mom/Stepmom to 4 (24,14,12,9). Love these girls on this thread. Need to love myself enough to get AND STAY focused on my health.

Current Weight: 227.4
Goal 6/21/14: 207.4
That's 9 Weeks for 20 lbs. With even a pinch of focus, I can pull it off. I have been incredibly lazy, and quick to justify why I can "start tomorrow". I'm done kidding myself.

Thank you, ladies, for continuing to be here, and not fade like threads have over the years. You truly are a safe place to land.

So, I having a "can't every one in my house just play the silent game today" moment. I am overjoyed that we are celebrating the "rolling away of the stone" but must it sound like a demolition derby all the time? Must the kids voices be twice the required volume ALL THE DANG TIME? I am sucking the fun right out of Easter today.

I digress... So I am going to hit the store this evening and get my fridge restocked with healthy stuff and prep for the week ahead. I am thinking this will help with my energy level as well. Looking forward to a successful move toward my Summer Body!

Weed for this challenge:
Water: 64 oz a day moving to 110
E: Dogs 3 X a week for 30. Yoga 2xawk in AM
E: WW Tracking, Bed at 9pm, No starchy stuff after 2:30 PM
D: Believe in yourself.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I'll be here. Checking in just bought a spot back on my priority list. Here's to summer. Bring it!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #9  

ONeill.jpg

Here is a happy pic. This is my fur baby. He is 4 today!

Kris, hugs, we will be here and we are going to help each other meet out goals. I am going to lose the same 20 with you. My birthday is June 8. I want to be down 17 by then, that will get me to a good place for summer riding!

Jeni, Hope Easter is good to you!

Diana, Happy Easter!

W 100
E Eye is still gross, going to walk again
E Perfect on plan, no rolls or garbage with Easter dinner
D Keep moving forward

Last edited by mothermavis; 04-20-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Attachment 46129

Here is a happy pic. This is my fur baby. He is 4 today!
I LOVE HIM!!!!! Happy Birthday Fur Man! Funny Ms. Wendy. My new dog had a birth date listed of JUNE 8 No wonder he is so amazining!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #11  

LOL, me and Rawly and sharing the day! Love it!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Hi Ladies, No time for personals but I am still alive. Will try to get in on tomorrow night for some overdue fill in/catch up on your lives.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone!

Kris~ It's good to see you back here!

MM~ Love the pic of your doggie!!

Carma~It's good to see you too!!

Yesterday was pretty good. I made it through the day without overeating (too much ) I don't know what is going on with me, but I am so exhausted lately. I'm still drinking my smoothies (without the chia seeds since I ran out.) Maybe I will cut out the carbs again at night and see if that helps with my energy level.

W~64 oz!
E~ I assume DH and I are heading to the gym tonight. If I do I promise if there is a treadmill available I will run on it!
E~ cut out carbs at night this week to see if it helps my energy level.
D~ run for my workout tonight. Slow pace is fine, just run.

Last edited by jcatron243; 04-21-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

So I was so thrilled to hit 181 the other day...well I just got shot in the foot. Back up all the way to 185. Lackluster workouts and pizza and Easter did me in I guess. Well I am getting back at it hard today. Need to get in some really good workouts and eat better...for sure.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Okay ladies, I am exhausted but promised I would post.

Mindy: glad vacation was good. That snow was freaky. Worst winter I can remember.

Mavis: I hope your dad is tolerating chemo ok. My mom's chemo was gemcitabine which was supposed to be the koolaide-aide of chemo. Many prayers out to you. I know all to well the strain your going through.

Jeni: did I hear your a maintainacne girl now? Sounds like running is going well.

Diana: the no whites is hard.

Nurse Michelle: hi.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote