Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:59 AM   #1  
thin within

Default Tuesday Daily--1/20/04

good afternoon, ladies! well, i'm just pooped after returning from our trip last night. just lying around taking it easy, trying to figure out what to fix for dinner in the next hour. i have caught up on some but not all of the posts that i missed between thursday night and monday afternoon. looks like i missed a lot.

jamie, tg, and supergirl--sorry i'm late sending birthday wishes. i hope each of you had special days!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning fullfig, glad you got home safe, sound and exhausted . Another very cold day ahead of us here in the great white north. And surprise surprise my car decided it doesn't want to produce heat any more! Yay (tongue in cheek all the way). So took the day off work to get it looked at, I'm pretty sure it's the heater core, I can smell antifreeze in the car when I'm idling, dang it all. There's one bad thing about knowing a little bit about cars, you know when somethings gonna be really expensive! So off to the dealership to throw my year old car at them, luckily under warranty baby, woohoo. Everything else just super great here, hope everyone else's day is shaping up nicely.

Tummy
Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

Tummy: sorry about your car, that's a bummmer.

Fullfig: So glad you had a good time!! Tell us all the detials when you are recovered!!

I am starting my 4th day of training at my new job, it's not bad though. I worked out at the gym each of my days off so that makes me feel good, considering I probably won't have time during the week. I am on day 2 of re-induction and doing great so far. Our puppy"Toad" went to the vet yesterday and he is ready to be neutered, poor guy goes in tomorrow bright and early!! LOL!!
Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Morning all.
I'm watching my car being towed away. I got home from the chiropractor yesterday, pulled into the garage, put it in park and the engine went kaput. It turns over but sounds REALLY rough and doesn't start. UGH!!! They started talking timing belts ($300+) so hopefully they're wrong and it's cheaper. Hopefully NOT wrong and it's not more expensive!! lol

oh,,i'm also nursing a headache, upset tummy and water/itchy eyes. Did I mention the chills?? So looks like I'm going back to bed.

Hope you all have a good/great day
Bren
Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boooo !!

BBL....
Old 01-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #6  
thin within

tummy--hope they will be able to fix it quickly. glad it messed while still under warranty. i had pm'd you right before the 3fc crash to check on you. i'm so glad you are posting again. i really enjoyed watching your progress and reading your helpful posts. i'm guessing you have completely recovered from having your appendix removed. i think that is what you had to have removed the day you were visiting someone else in the hospital. you are doing so well. kudos.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #7  
thin within

brenda, tg, and leens--hi. y'all slipped in on me while i was posting.

brenda--hopefully it won't be too expensive. hope you are feeling better soon.

i suppose i'd better get off the net and figure out what to cook for supper. hungry, but no taste for anything in particular. good day, everyone.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:13 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone.....

I am sitting at my desk at work on the verge of crying.....see my other post.

Other than that at least my weight is down. I have now lost 14 pounds. Of course because of everything that has happened over the last couple of day I have had NOTHING to eat. I am hungry today so I will try to nibble on some cheese and hope I don't hurl!

All this mention of car trouble...that would just be the icing on the cake for me today.

lady_adnerb: Hope you feel better soon.

Theo'sgirl: Poor puppy....but the way I feel today I think they should require that surgery for ALL MEN!

Tummy Girl: Your warranty should cover it....

Fullfig: Again with dinner and I haven't had breakfast yet Hope you had a nice trip.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Hi, all!

Fullfig: Glad you had a nice time on your trip. You'll have to fill us in on the details!

Tummygirl: Warranties are lifesavers! I love having a new car for that fact alone.

Theo'sgirl: Glad your training is going well. Any quiche yet? None here. And, the race is on...

lady_adnerb: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Hi, Leens!

Jane: I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad couple of days. I hope things get resolved soon. Take care!

I haven't seen Jamie in awhile... I'm anxious to hear about her birthday! Hope she's doing alright.

I've got to get some work done today. I'll be gone all day tomorrow to a citrus meeting and then a divisional meeting. Everyone that I techincally work with, but never, ever see, is coming to Tampa for a meeting. I haven't even met some of them -- should be interesting. For some reason, I'm not really looking forward to it.

I feel like I have just been starving lately. I guess that's what happens around TOM. I feel like I could eat everything in the fridge -- not a good feeling and probably not a good thing to do!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 01-20-2004 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Ugh@the stupid phone. I managed to go back to bed for a little while and the stupid phone keeps ringing. Wouldn't be so bad if it was the call I'm expecting (the garage)! I'd leave the machine kick in then. So looks like I'll poke around the site for a while and then go lay back down (cuz you KNOW the garage and nobody will call while I'm awake!!).
Old 01-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Good morning all!

Fullfig - welcome back! I want to hear all about your trip! Hey - where's that twin of yours?

Tummy & Brenda - so sorry about the car troubles today! Hopefully none of it will be too horribly expensive

TG - ohhhhhhhhh puppy neutering is so hard!!! I remember my poor little guys hobbling around for a few days. It just broke my heart! Why is it that it doesn't seem so bad on cats?

Leens - you scared me!

Jina - Can you PLEASE post your quishe recipe in the recipe section? I'm still dying to try it. Oh! Maybe I'll just make TG give me some of hers I'm in the midst of right before TOM (TOQ in my case ) starving, too. It sucks!

I've been watching my parent's dog for the last two nights. She's a big, fuzzy pomeranian and she's been having a grand time with my dogs and cat - ALL NIGHT! Ugh! I'm so tired because those dang "kids" wouldn't settle down and go to sleep.

Well, off to try to accomplish something work related TTYL!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:35 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: Just posted it under "Miscellaneous." You can contribute to Theo'sgirl's and I's never-ending quiche cycle!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:43 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Yippee!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:10 PM   #14  

If you like pepperoni I can add my quiche recipe to it too! I love mine and make it all the time. I just had it this morning by the way.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:11 PM   #15  
I love green eggs and ham

Pretty busy today girls, but just wanted to poke my head it and say HELLO!!!

Sorry to hear about a day of misfortune, and I hope all cars and people get feeling better!.

Star-- our dogs love to roost all night too... so what to do is give them each a BIG bone that will keep them occupied and you wont hear a thing.. THey'll be too busy trying to eat that whole thing before someone else does

Puppy neutering does suck, but its better than the opposite.. the world certainly doesnt need anymore uh-oh litters.. we already have enough family-less dogs.
So good for you!!

JDogg, I'm with you on the feeling starving.. I just ate a whole plate full of cabbage, hamburger meat and a bit of cheese and 10 minutes later my tummy is rumbling..damn that TOM...pretty soon I'll be eyeing up the fake fruit in my fruit basket..

Have a great day all!!

Ella
Closed Thread