Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Nutrition Thread Week 2 (05/04-05/11)

This is the format for the Nutrition Journal for those who wish to utilize it. You could also add total calories for the day to the bottom of each day (if you are a calorie counter) or points (Weight Watchers), or just simply POP (perfectly on plan) ... whatever works for you ...
Just cut and paste into your own post and return each day to EDIT (update) that same post, please do not repost for each day.

Monday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Tuesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Wednesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Thursday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Friday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Saturday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Sunday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm)
Old 05-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #2  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Monday
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar; turkey sausage; cottage cheese with pineapple; 2 cups of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: 2 crunchy tacos (ground beef, sour cream, salsa verde, lettuce, cheese); Mexican Spinach Salad (spinach, avocado, tomato, black beans, corn, honey lime vinaigrette)
Dinner: Salad with artisan lettuce, veggies, roast chicken, bacon, honey mustard dressing; sliced strawberries and kiwi

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1302
Carbs (target = 60-77) 65
Fat (target = 65-86) 79
Protein (target = 90-116) 84

Tuesday
Breakfast: Egg scramble with spinach, bacon, and swiss; cottage cheese with pineapple; 2 cups of coffee with almond milk
Snack: Deviled eggs; 1/3 banana with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Hummus
Lunch/Dinner: Cauliflower Hot Pocket (with chicken, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and cheddar); sliced strawberries and kiwi

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1128
Carbs (target = 60-77) 59
Fat (target = 65-86) 67
Protein (target = 90-116) 75

Wednesday
Breakfast: Poached eggs; turkey sausage; cottage cheese with pineapple; 2 cups of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Bacon-Apple-Cheddar Broccoli Slaw; barbecue chicken
Dinner: Meatball sub (in a pita-shaped thingy made of cauliflower using this recipe); Caprese Salad; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1345
Carbs (target = 60-77) 63
Fat (target = 65-86) 77
Protein (target = 90-116) 100

Thursday
Breakfast: Cauliflower Hot Pocket (with scrambled eggs, spinach, and cheddar); cottage cheese with blueberry coulis; 2 cups of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Bacon-Apple-Cheddar Broccoli Slaw; barbecue chicken
Dinner: Almond-crusted Tilapia; Broccoli Gratin with Swiss; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1224
Carbs (target = 60-77) 56
Fat (target = 65-86) 68
Protein (target = 90-116) 102

Friday
Breakfast: Hard-cooked eggs; Pea Salad (sorta like this recipe but with a lot less dressing); strawberries; 1 cup of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Lettuce wraps with tuna salad; raw veggies - baby carrots, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes; blueberries and sliced kiwi
Dinner: Sesame Chicken (this recipe but with less honey) over sautéed broccoli slaw

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1111
Carbs (target = 60-77) 66
Fat (target = 65-86) 60
Protein (target = 90-116) 87

Saturday
Breakfast: Brussels Sprouts Hash with Eggs; Orange-Mustard Glazed Pork Chop; 1/2 orange; 1 cup of coffee with almond milk
Lunch: Cauliflower Hot Pocket (with chicken, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and cheddar); 1/2 apple with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Hummus
Dinner: Salad with artisan lettuce, fried goat cheese pecan balls, mixed berries, Sage-Garlic-Rosemary Marinated Chicken Breast, and strawberry-balsamic dressing

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1150
Carbs (target = 60-77) 65
Fat (target = 65-86) 59
Protein (target = 90-116) 96

Sunday
Breakfast: Chicken Fajita Frittata; raspberries; 1 cup of coffee with coconut-almond milk
Lunch: Lettuce wraps with Hawaiian Chicken Salad; blueberries and sliced kiwi
Snack: Green olives; smoked cheddar
Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Burger with Blue Cheese Broccoli Slaw (no cheese, no bun); pears

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1224
Carbs (target = 60-77) 62
Fat (target = 65-86) 68
Protein (target = 90-116) 92

Week in Review
Calories
Week average: 1212 (target = 1200-1550)
Carbs
Week average: 62 (target = 60-77)
Fat
Week average: 68 (target = 65-86)
Protein
Week average: 91 (target: 90-116)

Weight loss with this menu: 1.8 pounds

Last edited by Novus; 05-11-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Monday
Breakfast - coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
Lunch - 1 piece fried chicken breast
Supper - green smoothy - 1 cup strawberries, cocoa powder, 3 cups kale, cheese
Snacks (am/pm) - unmeasurable amts of macadamia nuts and peanut butter (this is my problem)

Tuesday
Breakfast - everything the same as Monday
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Wednesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Thursday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Friday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Saturday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm) -

Sunday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Supper -
Snacks (am/pm)
Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha belly View Post
Monday
Breakfast - coffee with 1/2 and 1/2
Lunch - 1 piece fried chicken breast
Supper - green smoothy - 1 cup strawberries, cocoa powder, 3 cups kale, cheese
Snacks (am/pm) - unmeasurable amts of macadamia nuts and peanut butter (this is my problem)
It doesn't seem like you're getting many calories or much nutrition. Do you track calories and macronutrients? I'm just wondering if this sets you up for binging on nuts.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #5  

Well I periodically go on nut/nut butter binges, but I usually do not gain as much as this time - I could not have eaten that many calories to make me gain 4 lbs.

I am low carb(well except for all of those nuts) - I passed low carb at 2 or 3 servings.
I do 3 cups of kale and over 1 serving of fruit, and since I am doing the nuts I am not doing meat at night. I can only do so much beef and chicken, and I have never been a fish eater. I can assure you I am eating enough calories.

I either do scrambled eggs and sausage from McD's on the way to work or get a piece of chicken at lunch. I have not gotten up early enough this week to get the eggs/sausage.

Since I leave the house at 7:00 and don't get home until 7 or 8 or later, I guess I think I do the best I can. I am tired. This year I have been being good and hitting a new low, then doing the nuts because I am stalled anyway and then going off of them and hitting a new low. But I never gain all of this weight. I had been 146 now I am over 152. But this week has been 4 lbs.

I am going to have to take a pass this week on the weigh in, or I will surely drag the red team down;
Old 05-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Buddha -

You are not eating any breakfast. That's 400 calories lost there.

A piece of chicken for lunch. So there's the protein with a fried fat. No other nutrients.

By dinner, your body wants/needs food. That will make you binge.

I think you are right, you didn't actually gain 4 pounds. You haven't eaten enough. Your body metabolism is slowing down and your body is holding on to your fat because it thinks you are starving.

You need 3 servings of protein a day. You need 2-3 good fats a day. You need 5-7 veggies and fruits a day. People disagree about dairy and carbs, whether you need it or not. What will make you feel better and your body happy is a portion of protein, fat, veggie, fruit and maybe a small portion of carb (like oatmeal or brown rice) 3 times a day. Plan ahead what you can eat for breakfast and lunch. You will feel better, not be as tired and you will lose weight. You do have a really long day, but you can do it.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Buddha -

You need 3 servings of protein a day. You need 2-3 good fats a day. You need 5-7 veggies and fruits a day. People disagree about dairy and carbs, whether you need it or not. What will make you feel better and your body happy is a portion of protein, fat, veggie, fruit and maybe a small portion of carb (like oatmeal or brown rice) 3 times a day. Plan ahead what you can eat for breakfast and lunch. You will feel better, not be as tired and you will lose weight. You do have a really long day, but you can do it.
^This.

If you look at my food log, you'll see that all my menus are a balance of protein, veggies, and fruit. My food is healthy AND yummy. It takes some planning but it's totally worth it. I'm thinner and healthier than I have ever been in my entire life.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Novus, I am inspired! Just look at your menu for the week. You have lots of imagination. Buddha and I should just copy off you - we can learn a lot! It seems like so much food but your calories and nutrition are wonderful. AND you are losing a steady 1.8 pounds every week.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #9  

My veggies - my green smoothy every night is exactly the same. I am on a blood thinner, and cannot experiment with a lot of different foods like others. (Unless I wanna start going for weekly blood tests), and I can't eat more cause believe me my dose of medicine is way high to accomodate the veggies I do eat

Part of my weight gain, I believe is from the addition of this gym to my routine. About 10-12,000 steps on an incline and increased speed. My muscles tend to hold onto water.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #10  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
My veggies - my green smoothy every night is exactly the same. I am on a blood thinner, and cannot experiment with a lot of different foods like others. (Unless I wanna start going for weekly blood tests), and I can't eat more cause believe me my dose of medicine is way high to accomodate the veggies I do eat.
Maybe you should consider making an appointment with a nutritionist who can help you plan meals that will work with your medication. If you have a medical condition it is even more imperative that you eat healthily!

Last edited by Novus; 05-11-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #11  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Novus, I am inspired! Just look at your menu for the week. You have lots of imagination. Buddha and I should just copy off you - we can learn a lot! It seems like so much food but your calories and nutrition are wonderful. AND you are losing a steady 1.8 pounds every week.
Aw, thankies! This post really made my day!

I really love food - recipes, meal planning, cooking. Heck, I even love grocery shopping! And it's been so exciting to turn all that around from overindulging and just emotionally wrong to a form of self-love and self-care.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #12  

My diet is regulated by the pharmacist I see once a month, not by a nutritionist.

Last edited by buddha belly; 05-11-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
My diet is regulated my the pharmacist I see once a month, not by a nutritionist.
Well, if your pharmacist is telling you to not eat vegetables and that it's okay to eat McDonald's for breakfast and fried chicken for lunch......then I think you need to talk to someone else. Just my opinion.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #14  

Your opinion is not necessary. Thank you though. You clearly do not understand the risks of a blood clotting disorder and the use of blood thinners

I will not discuss this further.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #15  
Unstoppable Force

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)

But....whatever. Obviously you don't want any help with the areas you are struggling with.

Good luck.