Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Trying this Again

So, I have been battling my weight for years. I worked out to Insanity and watched my food intake and only lost 5 pounds in 60 days. WTH?! Well, I looked at myself one day and noticed a lot of changes were happening with my body that was not normal so I went to my OB (yes, I had a clue as to what was happening and knew this doctor was who I needed to see.) My OB tested me and, sure enough, I was diagnosed with PCOS. Well, that explains not being able to lose a lot of weight and a whole slue of other issues. So, I started a new diet and exercise regimen per my OB and I've lost 25 pounds and have hope for the future. I used to use this site until I got frustrated with losing weight. Now I know what's going on and I'm back to offer support and receive support during my journey. I have 103 pounds to go until I reach my target weight and I would like to reach this weight by my 31st birthday (next summer)
vicki.elliott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #2  

What is PCOS?
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #3  
There is no spoon.

S/C/G: 278 / sig / 150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Vicki! Welcome back! ^__^

I just came back here too. (For me I think this is going to be a lifelong thing being here, keeping up with weight loss seems to be as hard as losing it for me >_< )

I'm sorry to hear about the PCOS but I'm really glad that they found out what it was! That's a huge step forward and 25 lbs is a massive victory!

May sound kind of silly, but I got really excited when I saw that your max was identical to mine and your goal is also practically identical!

Unfortunately this is my 3rd time exiting the 220's - I'm a "regainer regaining control" as someone so adeptly put it. (That's a thread here I really like btw! )

I'm 34 and I want to re-lose more than I re-gained by November 1 - get to 175. Then hit 165 lbs by my 35th birthday at new year's. 57 lbs is a little ambitious for 6.5 months, but I can absolutely do it! 165 is my "at least!" goal - the max weight at which I'd feel content. My final goal is to break into normal weight range though! That would be ultimate joy.

I'd love to hear what you enjoy doing for workouts. It's great that you were so dedicated without seeing much results - that so easily breaks my spirit. Congrats for not crumbling and for forging onwards!

Let's kick that 278 way back into the past together!
Sakurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #4  
There is no spoon.

S/C/G: 278 / sig / 150

Height: 5'6"

PCOS is PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome .

In a nutshell, it's a hormonal imbalance that causes a variety of things, including upsetting your metabolism to one degree or another. Many women have a lot of difficulty managing weight - it's a big added burden! So you will probably see quite a few women here with PCOS, which is wonderful!!! Sharing what we struggle with makes us stronger.
Sakurai is offline   Reply With Quote