Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Default Mothers Day food ideas

I'm co-hosting Mothers day with my sister in law and she's having it at her house. They are doing some grilled chicken and beef so I'm safe there. They are also doing a veggie tray. I'm supposed to bring sides. I'm doing a big cobb salad with hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon and a lemon vinagrette. What other IP friendly dishes can I make that others would also enjoy eating?

I thought about doing a cold grilled vegetable salad but I'd have to make it the night before and I'm not sure how that would hold up?
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'm not on IP, but how about a cauli-rice side dish (like cauliflower risotto or maybe stuffed or sauteed mushrooms.

Simple roasted veggies like broccoli, brussels sprouts, or green beans can be seasoned and popped in the oven for 15-20 mins when you arrive.

There are some great ideas that may be IP friendly on a lot of Paleo websites. Take a look at this:
Paleo Side Dishes

Last edited by Munchy; 05-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
I'm co-hosting Mothers day with my sister in law and she's having it at her house. They are doing some grilled chicken and beef so I'm safe there. They are also doing a veggie tray. I'm supposed to bring sides. I'm doing a big cobb salad with hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon and a lemon vinagrette. What other IP friendly dishes can I make that others would also enjoy eating?

I thought about doing a cold grilled vegetable salad but I'd have to make it the night before and I'm not sure how that would hold up?
I'm making a cauliflower rice dish with asparagus in it. Even my kids love this.
Staceyhay is offline   Reply With Quote