Old 05-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 2 (05/05-05/11)

Red Team:

Total Lost: -4.5 lbs (-0.17%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: Doragone (-3 lbs, -1.5%)

Honourable Mentions:

Novus (-1.8 lbs, -1.02%)
Dahlia55 (-1.6 lbs, -0.97%)
dangerouscurves56 (-1.5 lbs, -0.6%)

Congrats everyone and have a great Week 2!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #2  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Oh dear, the Blue Team really gave us the smack down this week. (21 pounds vs 4.5)

Congrats to Doragone and all the other losers. May this week be much better than last! Go Team Red!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #3  
Unstoppable Force

Why don't we have the Exercise and Nutrition threads like the Blue Team does?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

There were quite a few people who gained this week (including myself) so that is why the total lost is so low. What is everyone's plans for a better week 2?

I threw all of my junk food out. I am also going to plan out my dinners so that I don't resort to unhealthy options.

Nightkatt and I are sharing the red team leader duties. She is in charge of starting the threads however I noticed she hasn't been on yet today so I have started the exercise and nutrition threads for the Red team.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

Thanks for starting the threads Rated. We didn't have them last week either so I was starting to wonder what was up.

Good luck with planning your meals. For me that makes all the difference in staying on plan.

Hope the Red Team rocks it this week!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 AM   #6  

For me i am stopping all foods from 6pm. Night eating is my issue. And white bread
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumzy View Post
For me i am stopping all foods from 6pm. Night eating is my issue. And white bread
Good luck!

I eat dinner at 4 or 5 o'clock and am done for the day. This works well for me. I need calories/energy early to get through the day, not at night for sleeping.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #8  

I hadnt been exercising for the last 10 days and I started back yesterday.. and today morning I was up by 2 lbs.. I was within my calorie limit.. Not a good way to start the day
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #9  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Ok, so this week I'm struggling with pms so my biggest issue is trying not to overeat. Definitely making an effort to drink more water and increase my fiber intake. Goodbye hunger pangs.

Have a great week RED TEAM!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 05-07-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #10  
Unstoppable Force

Hope things get better for you nlauah and dangerouscurves76.

It's so quiet in here. When I've done these challenges before, I could barely keep up with the chat because everyone was so talkative.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

I am having a bit of a bad time with things. I have started at this gym that was part of this city challenge that I joined. I didn't get there over the weekend, since when I emailed my trainer to ask when and how we could use the gym, she did not respond. Then I had an appt with her tonight so that I could get a plan and my first training session, and she did not show up.

I have been doing like 60 - 90 mins on treadmill/elliptical/amt machines since Monday, and all I eat during the day is a piece of chicken and have coffee with half and half, and then I come home and I have gained 4/10th of a lb. Even today when I spent most of the day in the bathroom and thought for sure I had lost all that weight I had gained, and I was up another 4/10th of a lb.

I don't even know where to go from here. On the up side, I can walk at 3.9 mph and an 8percent incline and my pulse doesn't go over 120.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 AM   #12  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha belly View Post
I am having a bit of a bad time with things. I have started at this gym that was part of this city challenge that I joined. I didn't get there over the weekend, since when I emailed my trainer to ask when and how we could use the gym, she did not respond. Then I had an appt with her tonight so that I could get a plan and my first training session, and she did not show up.

I have been doing like 60 - 90 mins on treadmill/elliptical/amt machines since Monday, and all I eat during the day is a piece of chicken and have coffee with half and half, and then I come home and I have gained 4/10th of a lb. Even today when I spent most of the day in the bathroom and thought for sure I had lost all that weight I had gained, and I was up another 4/10th of a lb.

I don't even know where to go from here. On the up side, I can walk at 3.9 mph and an 8percent incline and my pulse doesn't go over 120.
Maybe contact the gym and explain that you are having problems with the trainer?

Your body might be retaining water from the exercise you're doing. Or you could be building muscle though not losing weight. Do you measure? You might see a difference on the tape measure when the scale isn't giving you results.

You need more food! And nutrients! Starving yourself only sets you up for loads of problems. It's not the key to weight loss.

Hope things get better for you. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

I had a totally rockity week!

I lost another 1.8 pounds. I exercised like a beast. My food was pretty much POP.....and delish! (For those of you who like to cook and are eating low carb, check out my menus over on the nutrition thread. Seriously, so much good food!)

I wish everyone was feeling as much enthusiasm - and having as much success - as I am right now. I'm all kinds of lonely up in here. (By the by, isn't there a "rule" that we have to participate in chat to be part of this challenge?)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #14  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Wow...super surprised at how quiet it is in here! Where's the rest of the RED TEAM?

Big hello to nlauah, Novus and buddhabelly!

Except for needing an attitude adjustment, I've had a pretty good week. Managed to not overeat and got all but one of my workouts in. Now the weekend is here and I'm in trouble! A few family members are driving in for the weekend. You know what that means. Food, food and more food. Followed by an adult beverage or five.

And now the true challenge begins. Eating and drinking in moderation when I really want to throw caution to the wind. On the upside, our next weigh-in is Sunday. Nothing like the fear of posting a gain to keep ya motivated.

Novus: I'm definitely going to pop over and check out the nutrition thread. I need all the help I can get! Congrats on the 1.8 lbs. That's fantastic.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! It's time for that big push so we have a great
weighin on Sunday!

Buddha belly - I don't think u are eating enough. Your body
Will hold onto to every piece of fat for dear life because
It thinks it's starving. Sorry about your rotten trainer. Maybe
You can trade her in for a better one.

See ya Sunday!