Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #1  
journeytothin

Default Hi today is my first day

Hi today is first day of forum for me.Today I start my journaling, my diet and my goal setting. I NEED HELP..... I have been sedentary for a year, gave up all physical acitivity, need to start exercising, walking and watching what I eat. Vow myself to write in my journal every day need to look within myself and find out why food is my coping mechanism.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #2  
journeytothin

Always running to the refridg for snack foods, especially at night. HELP iM HUNGRY.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:05 PM   #3  

We all hear the frig calling our name. I hear baked good loud and clear too. Especially if they contain chocolate. You are not alone in wanting to go to the frig and snack.

I think about food all the time. But I spend most of it trying to figure out what high volume, filling food I can eat. Are you worried that you need to eat small, boring portions at meals and then spend the time in-between hungry? I eat HUGE meals. My kids even tease me about the quantity that is on my plate. Tonight I eat 3 things form Weight watches recipes: White chili, yogurt biscuits (60 cal each), and baked onion rings. Plus I had 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup baby carrots and 1 TBS Brummel and Brown Spread. I am stuffed. I have the calories to eat a skinny cow ice cream sandwich for dessert, but I am too full.
I hope you can find food items that fill you up too. I find bean dishes are low calorie and filling. I also eat TONS of veggies.
I wish you luck.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #4  

Welcome Motivation! How are things going for you today? I know the call of the refrig well! You CAN do this though and you WILL succeed. Hang in there and even if you stumble, the important thing is to not give up.

Exercise really does help too. Even if you only walk for a few minutes at a time. You'll be amazed at how fast you build up your strength and stamina.

Be sure to post often and let us know how you're doing.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:02 PM   #5  

Hi Motivation, welcome! I'm new to this, too (on my 3rd week). I was sedentary for a loooong time. I found Leslie Sansome's Walk Away the Pounds tapes to be a great way to ease back into exercise (and fun). You'll find lots of support and new friends here.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #6  
KAR

Hi Movitation,
I was like you once too! I would go to work, come home and fix dinner. Then I would go camp out in front of the tv until I went to bed. But once I started watching what I ate and excerising the weight started to come off. It is a good feeling when you have more energy and you can think about other things besides just food. I have found that if you drink 8 or more 8 oz. glasses a day, it really helps to curb your feeling of being hungry. I also try to eat more fiber, fruits and veggies. I just had to cut out the sugery snacks and pop. It is amazing what happens when you do that. Not only do you lose some weight, but you are not as tired and having the desire to munch more. I also started to walk. The Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds Videos are really great. If I could go from being a heavy, lazy person to a engeritic slightly overweight person, then I know that you can accomplish your goals too. Think of it this way, "You got to move it, to lose it". So even if you start out only doing some form of excerise for 15 minutes a day that is better than none at all. Plus you can gradually build it up to maybe an hour. I hope to be able to offer you support and advice along your weight loss journey. Remind we are all in this process together and we can accomplish our goals together.
CW:213
Mini GW by my birthday in May: 190
GW:130
Old 01-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #7  
KAR

Sorry I want to say 8 or more 8 oz. glasses of water a day. I just forgot to put the water in there.
Closed Thread