Old 05-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Fitbit daily calorie estimate

Quick question for those of you who are more Fitbit-savvy than I (that would probably be most of you, haha.) When you set up your profile, when you set your daily calorie estimate, did you choose personalized or sedentary? I'm not sure which would be best.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #2  

I can't remember but I believe I put sedentary to keep it low. Mine is set at about 2100 calories (my BMR is 2000 calories - measured by the hospital so I know that is accurate). Seems to work well
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I selected sedentary because when I did the other one I didn't like overshooting my calories burned because it expected me to have burned more calories than I did that day. There's a huge calorie difference between the days where I've run 3 or 4 miles and ones where I'm stuck in appointments and traffic.

I like starting off low and eating the calories I've earned this far in the day. I like the incentive, too. Want to eat more today? Then better get moving because you're looking a little low. The only thing is remembering in the morning when it says you can eat 500 calories today, don't freak out. That number always goes up significantly. I had to get over that mental hurdle first. Now I know that even on my most sedentary day I usually can eat a minimum or a certain number of calories. (It's never just 500)
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I used sedentary. That seemed to be more accurate. I still get credit for calories from actual exercise that I do.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote