Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat, May 3 - Sun, May 4, 2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

I had a real hankering for chocolate today so I made myself the chocolate cake in a cup. I ate it for breakfast with my coffee - how decadent- That cured my craving for the day.
Onwards and upwards! Or downwards on the scale, in my case he!he!he!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Happy weekend IPeeps! Wishing everyone an OP weekend!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Happy Weekend!!! I'm finally back on day shifts starting tomorrow for 2 weeks, so I don't have to be a zombie!! I think my body really hates them....I've been having trouble getting all of my water on and I can feel myself holding on to weight.

On the upside, I managed to squeeze out another 0.8 lbs this week, bringing me to 148.4.....inching towards goal!!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #5  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Has anyone ever experienced struggles staying OP after being on for awhile? How did you over come those? The problem for the past week is that I feel like I'm going to cave at any moment. I haven't yet, but the desire to eat my children's food is getting overwhelming at times. They are small and though they eat a lot of what I eat they also get snacks and treats that I obviously don't. We went to the movies yesterday and I darn near at the popcorn (I've been to the movies numerous times and never came that close). One had a birthday and took cookies to school, brought home the left overs and I had a close call there. I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and came close to licking the spoon (I don't even really like peanut butter). It's the weirdest thing. I mean I struggled a little at the beginning but after a couple weeks and all the great progress I had few problems. Now I'm getting so afraid I'll cheat I'm hiding out in my house and don't want to go do things with my friends and family like I have been. Not to say I haven't occasionally had desires to eat things but they have been just that, OCCASIONAL desires that are easy to overcome but lately it doesn't matter what it is I suddenly have these urges and I mean have had the handful of popcorn up to my mouth... Now my dreams have gone from cheat dreams to cheat NIGHTMARES where I'm binging myself on food to the point I'm making myself sick. It is just so weird.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/205.5/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Has anyone ever experienced struggles staying OP after being on for awhile? How did you over come those? The problem for the past week is that I feel like I'm going to cave at any moment. I haven't yet, but the desire to eat my children's food is getting overwhelming at times. They are small and though they eat a lot of what I eat they also get snacks and treats that I obviously don't. We went to the movies yesterday and I darn near at the popcorn (I've been to the movies numerous times and never came that close). One had a birthday and took cookies to school, brought home the left overs and I had a close call there. I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and came close to licking the spoon (I don't even really like peanut butter). It's the weirdest thing. I mean I struggled a little at the beginning but after a couple weeks and all the great progress I had few problems. Now I'm getting so afraid I'll cheat I'm hiding out in my house and don't want to go do things with my friends and family like I have been. Not to say I haven't occasionally had desires to eat things but they have been just that, OCCASIONAL desires that are easy to overcome but lately it doesn't matter what it is I suddenly have these urges and I mean have had the handful of popcorn up to my mouth... Now my dreams have gone from cheat dreams to cheat NIGHTMARES where I'm binging myself on food to the point I'm making myself sick. It is just so weird.
Amber, I'm on week 12 and this past week has been extremely hard for me. Harder then the first 2 weeks. I've been dreaming about food and also thinking and craving everything. I've been throwing a pity party for myself. It was my birthday this past week and of course I felt deprived. I rode it out though and think my state of mind is getting back to where I need it to be. We're both at a crucial part of the diet. It's where most people would give in and quit. This is where the men get separated from the boys...LOL. Let's hang in there and know that if we don't give in, it will all be worth it. If you're anything like me, getting through this will make us stronger. Hang in there and know your not the only one.

Last edited by livinthelife; 05-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #7  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
Amber, I'm on week 12 and this past week has been extremely hard for me. Harder then the first 2 weeks. I've been dreaming about food and also thinking and craving everything. I've been throwing a pity party for myself. It was my birthday this past week and of course I felt deprived. I rode it out though and think my state of mind is getting back to where I need it to be. We're both at a crucial part of the diet. It's where most people would give in and quit. This is where the men get separated from the boys...LOL. Let's hang in there and know that if we don't give in, it will all be worth it. If you're anything like me, getting through this will make us stronger. Hang in there and know your not the only one.
It's strange! I don't think I'm really feeling deprived. I am overly annoyed at people at work for their comments about my diet lately. I just can't believe the things I've ALMOST done and how frequently. Your right it is worse than the first two weeks!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #8  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Congrats for staying OP for so long! What an accomplishment! I'm only on week three...but I really resonate with the KIDS part of what you were talking about. It's hard to be around snack food/carbs all the time. My hubby is making pancakes for the kids as we speak. Mmmmmmm. I have had to catch myself several times from licking the peanut butter knife. It's made me realize how much snacking I've done off my kids plates! What makes it worse is that my daughter is a very finicky eater and often leaves delicious treats untouched. Bah...they either get saved for her for later or trashed.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

After several days stagnate at 160lbs....I was thrilled to see the scale creep down to 158 this AM! Hoorah! I haven't been in the 150's in three years!!!! Next mini goal is 155...haven't been below 155 since having my daughter 4 years ago.

Feeling great about this weekend...beautiful weather...staying OP...citron wafers for snack. Yes!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Amber - you've done so well! Congrats on that!

I had weeks like that where I just wanted to eat and forget about dieting. You mentioned in another post that your TOM is all messed up - I suspect hormones have a lot to do with the discouraged, I want to give up, I just want to hide feelings. I know it did for me. Remember, women store hormones in their fat so as you release fat it really screws up the hormones. You're being awfully hard on yourself - this is hard work and you should be proud of yourself.

The upside is that usually after one of those weeks I would have a whoosh and down the scale would go!

In the meantime keeping going! Plan some fun outdoor, non-food related activities, take up knitting, clean something - it really does help.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #11  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Amber - you've done so well! Congrats on that!

I had weeks like that where I just wanted to eat and forget about dieting. You mentioned in another post that your TOM is all messed up - I suspect hormones have a lot to do with the discouraged, I want to give up, I just want to hide feelings. I know it did for me. Remember, women store hormones in their fat so as you release fat it really screws up the hormones. You're being awfully hard on yourself - this is hard work and you should be proud of yourself.

The upside is that usually after one of those weeks I would have a whoosh and down the scale would go!

In the meantime keeping going! Plan some fun outdoor, non-food related activities, take up knitting, clean something - it really does help.
Thanks Ruth Ann, I am trying all these techniques, I've been trying to focus my energy on school work, I have 5 papers left and two tests to be finished with my bachelors degree!!! I have to student teach next fall but since I already work as a teacher that's not going to be hard! LOL So I am excited about a lot of things in my life right now, but I just can't seem to find my focus on school work. So I am cleaning and getting out of the house, today the kids and I are planting our vegetable garden, it should be fun and although it's food related so to speak it will be ok. I have been cleaning but a lot of the cleaning happens in my kitchen. I will keep going, I plan to move forward and keep losing, I am just surprised at how bad I'm struggling right now. By now this should be a breeze! I hope it is TOM, I did stop taking birth control pills (tubes are tied) since they weren't helping control hormones, maybe that's got my hormones all out of whack again.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #12  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I find my eyes wondering a little. Ads for foods on tv or roadside signs and I miss some of those things. But I think it is that I am a little bored with my options. I really don't love veggies and although I'm not craving potatoes or pasta it is just so darn easy to do. Veggies are so much work and I have to keep going back to the store to buy more so they are fresh. I look in my IP cupboard and don't really want anything! If I keep eating crisps and pudding is that setting me up for junk food in the future? I love how I feel but I really wish somebody else would just cook for me for a while! In the past that would result in take out but that just isn't an option.

Ok, my pity party is over. Time for lunch.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #13  
amo

Default Nutritional Yeast

Good day! I'm new to the program and loving it so far. I've been putting nutritional yeast on my salads but then realized that it may actually not be IP friendly. Anybody know? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #14  

Quote:
Since you've lost quite a bit of weight already, it's likely that your leptin levels have decreased to a point that they're no longer effectively inhibiting hunger. Low leptin levels are probably one of the biggest challenges to long-term weight loss and maintenance. Keep fighting.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Good day! I'm new to the program and loving it so far. I've been putting nutritional yeast on my salads but then realized that it may actually not be IP friendly. Anybody know? Thanks!
If it isn't on the Protocol sheet, it's not allowed. So no, stop using it.

2TBSP =

50 calories
5g carbs
4 g fiber
8g protein

I have a jar in my fridge leftover from my vegan/vegetarian days.
Closed Thread