Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #1  
Trying again=Excited

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'5"

Talking New and looking for Buddies

Hi.
I am starting my Diet on Monday Morning and would love to find a few buddies who are similar to me to help encourage each other on our weight loss journey.

I will be 40 this year.
I am going to be doing Weight Watchers (on my own at home using an app on my phone/ipad) I have been to WW meetings a bunch of times and they truly helped me but right now I just dont have the extra $ to spare to go so hopefully I will find weight loss buddies here

My long term goal is to lose 100 pounds.
I plan to take it one day at a time, I am in no rush I just want to lose the weight and keep it off this time and be HEALTHY!
I recently became a grandmother for the first time and this little girl has changed my life...I am SOOO In love with her
I wanna lose this weight so I can run and play, sit in the floor and play with her etc. I am tired of getting breathless so easy, my knees hurting, my back hurting... this is ridiculous!

We are taking a family vacation in February 2015 to the Bahamas and If I can I would Love to lose atleast 1/2 of the weight by then. If I only lose 5 lbs a month I will have lost 50 pounds...which I know is defenitely attainable. I would truly LOVE to be in ONEderland by then...that would be amazing...and that means I would have to lose 70 pounds to put me at 190 lbs...this means I would have to lose 7 lbs a month.

In the past I have did Weight Watchers and there have been weeks I would lose 5 or more pounds in just ONE week and that was with eating healthy and drinking lots of water and exercising.... my problem is I would do it for a few months going to the meetings...then have to stop attending the meetings due to the cost and eventually I then fall off the wagon... this time I wanna stay ON THE WAGON and I am hoping that by having buddy(s) to help motivate one another this CAN happen!
Grandmakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hello there

Congrats on the grandbaby!

I too have had great success with WW, and like you, it was the cost that keep me from continuing. I truly think WW is one of the best programs out there, and I think I will continue to apply a lot of what I learned in the meetings, so I don't feel as though it was money wasted.

All that said, I need to be able to continue my healthy lifestyle whether I have the $ or not. So, also like you, I came to 3FC to get support from people going through the same things I am. I think you'll find that in abundance here.

Good luck and welcome aboard!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #3  
Trying again=Excited

Thanks for writing me back
I am excited to get started tomorrow....
My daughter and I are gonna start walking tomorrow too...
So this should help alot too.
Hope to get lots of help from this site!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I too walk with my daughter. That is a great way to spend time together and get some exercise in. I was looking at your stats and I was 258 in sept. I weigh 180 now. You can do this!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #5  
Trying again=Excited

Wow Scarlett that is so awesome!!!! I got excited when I read your message....because your stats are so similar to mine and knowing you were able to accomplish almost the exact loss I want in about the same amount of time REALLY encourages me! I read it to my daughter and she got excited for me..she was like see thats what you wanted to do.....so THANK you for posting.... YES I can Do this!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #6  
Trying again=Excited

Day 3.... Things are going Awesome! I am counting all my WW points and journaling faithfully, walking with my daughter daily, drinking Lots of Water and taking an ACE pill every morning.

I am already feeling better. Wow!
My eyes are focused on ONEderland....I know I can do it this time! I have to.... I have a grandbaby who needs her Grandma Healthy!!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #8  
Til'

Grand -

I just turned 40 in February, and I weigh 257. I started Atkins 10 days ago when I was 265.5. I'd like to lose 100+, too, but am focusing on getting back into my clothes comfortably. Baby steps, I guess.

I used to come on here years ago. Now I have a 16yo son who is my official cheerleader.
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote