Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/126.6/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Skin Breaking Out!!!

Has anyone else had issues with breakouts. I am developing acne and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with IP ingredients? Toxins? I am on week four and this just started the last week or so....
lgg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2

My skin has been really clear as far as acne since I started IP. I think I have only gotten 1 real pimple in the last 4 months. I was having problems prior to IP with acne around my chin area. You know what fixed it? Witch Hazel. I use it on a cotton pad every night to clean my chin area. Best thing I ever did. Even tried BC and expensive skin cleansers with no luck. Try it out?
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #3  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

I have had a few breakouts this past week. My week 4. I also was on TOM. I thinkit is our bodies getting crap out.
sweetenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
My skin has been really clear as far as acne since I started IP. I think I have only gotten 1 real pimple in the last 4 months. I was having problems prior to IP with acne around my chin area. You know what fixed it? Witch Hazel. I use it on a cotton pad every night to clean my chin area. Best thing I ever did. Even tried BC and expensive skin cleansers with no luck. Try it out?
I'm going to try Witch Hazel - I heard it's good for the skin - thanks for the tip!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2

Let me know if it works out for you. I still use it every night. I find when I skip nights, it looks like I will break out again. Don't know why/how it works but I will continue to do it if it keeps those nasty zits away.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

It's hormonal, I think. My skin is awful when I'm OP. Even my rx from the derm doesn't work the way it usually does.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #7  

Hey guys. Someone posted about this in the January start thread and it had something to do with the estrogen/testosterone that is released apparently.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #8  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Estrogen is stored in fat cells and is released as you lose. Many people, myself included have major break outs and heightened PMS symptoms. It will pass!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #9  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

I guess we're all different...my skin has been really clear since I started IP. I think all the water is a big help.
GettinHealthyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Estrogen is stored in fat cells and is released as you lose. Many people, myself included have major break outs and heightened PMS symptoms. It will pass!
This could be my issue... PMS symptoms seem a bit worse this month... along with my skin... this makes sense.... I will try the witch hazel and keep you updated. Thank you for the responses peeps....
Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I know this extreme but I had blood work done years ago and was diagnosed with PCOS. One symptom is hormonal acne. Explained why every program I tried to fix my problem didn't work. I take birth control now and every once in a while get a break out on my cheek or forehead but don't have any problems near my chin/neck anymore!

I'm not saying you have PCOS, I'm saying your body is adjusting to a totally different way of life. Like others have said, estrogen is stored in fat. This means you could periodically spot (I have done a lot of that) and break out.

I wouldn't worry too much. Obviously as adults, it's annoying to break out. I'd much rather break out and get skinny than stay overweight!!!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgg64 View Post
This could be my issue... PMS symptoms seem a bit worse this month... along with my skin... this makes sense.... I will try the witch hazel and keep you updated. Thank you for the responses peeps....
Hi, Igg! I'm an esthetician, so I've got a little advice.

Be sure you're using a soap free, oil free, gentle, deep cleanser (preferably one without parabens). Neutragena Naturals is a good one. Don't use soap - it cleans the surface of the skin, but not into the pores.

If you're breaking out in bony areas, like the chin, it's likely testosterone. If you're breaking out around your hairline, could be something in your hair care products. It's true that our hormones can be greatly affected by diet. If you're seeing a ND, ask if you need a liver support supplement to help - the liver is where we manufacture testosterone and estrogen. (Here's a fascinating article on the role of liver and hormones: http://www.womensinternational.com/c...ons/liver.html)

Witch hazel is a good toner, but you shouldn't need one if you're using a quality cleanser.

Blue LED light is the acne treatment of choice for me - can be drying, so use an oil-free moisturizer if you need one. The Sirius Aurora SS-77 LED Light system is a good buy on Amazon (under $100 and comes with red light for anti-aging and green for anti-inflammatory/pigmentation issues). I saw something similar at Target once, too, with blue light in the skin care/acne treatment area.

Resist the urge to touch your face and spread bacteria.

You can also try using bentonite clay (available at Super Supplements and similar stores). Mix with water or a bit of lemon juice and let it dry on the spots to absorb extra oil and repeat a few times a day.

Avoid harsh scrubs like apricot kernel based scrubs. Using fine salt or sugar mixed with your cleanser is one alternative choice, if your skin can tolerate it. Otherwise, exfoliate with AHA or retinol to keep the sebum flowing out rather than trapped inside the pores.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by SlimmerBySummer; 02-21-2014 at 06:14 PM.
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #13  
Lorisong

S/C/G: 157.6/150.5/130

Height: 5'4

Default acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgg64 View Post
Has anyone else had issues with breakouts. I am developing acne and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with IP ingredients? Toxins? I am on week four and this just started the last week or so....

I am 57 and haven't had any acne since I was about 16...Im thinking a hormone change with IDP....I still love it though. Down 11 lbs! in 4 weeks
lorisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #14  

We have to look at what has changed in out loves when we have new unpleasant symptoms.

Acne comes from within and is cured from within

You have read that IP burns fat quickly, right? Well, estrogen is stored in fat so we also release estrogen into our systems quickly. The hormones can cause the breakouts.

That or the increased soy consumption

Or both

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-03-2014 at 09:43 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #15  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I normally have very few break outs but have experienced more on the diet, I am sure it's do to the release of hormones because I've also had extra periods.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote