Old 05-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/289/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Yes, I'm fat. Thank you for pointing it out

Thank you random stranger for loudly pointing out in front of many people how fat I am. Thank you for drawing the attention of everyone else in the vicinity so that they could all look on at me in pity. I'm happy you managed to make your tiny little wife and two kids who looked about 7-9 years old to laugh. You're setting a wonderful example for your children.

I feel so horrible and I've never let someone like this make me cry, but for some reason this one finally got to me and brought on the water works. Now I cant stop. I feel like I'm hyperventilating here. What makes people think its okay to treat others like this?

I know I'm fat, anyone who looks at me can tell I'm fat. Its not like its something I can hide. But its not something people should get amusement out of at the sake of my feelings.

Sometimes I hate people.
all4meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have said over the years and it is true, fat people are the last people on earth that it is ok to openly ridicule. You can't for sex, color, age, sexual identity, but you can for weight - too thin or too fat, for that matter.

And that is because people feel we are lazy for being obese and laziness is a sin.

It is true for some of us, but for most of us, it's so much more than that and they don't have a clue. The worst part about obesity is that we wear our troubles for all to see. There is no hiding it. And that makes those jabs even more painful.

So sorry it happened to you. You have a choice though. You can let it hurt you and stuff that pain with food or do something about it and change your life.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Gah. I'm sorry that happened.

Don't cry. The truth is that there is something terribly wrong with that guy. There is nothing wrong with you. That really is the truth.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

How dismaying that a mean-spiirited insecure loser feels it is socially acceptable to say something like that publically and in front of children no less. Truly obscene. I agree with the other posters on all counts and would just add that the degree to which you are hurting is the degree to which you respect yourself and know inside that you deserve better. That's the more important thing.

Last edited by mars735; 05-02-2014 at 09:25 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

There is no way that that guy isn't a total wife beater. People that are that abusive to a total stranger likely don't stop there. So don't let him make you feel bad about yourself. Imagine how horrible he is to be around long term? Consider yourself lucky that you only had to hear his horrible wretched voice one time. His poor wife has to be intimate with him, and listen to him all day long. His children have to grow up knowing that that is what they were given for a father- a miserable human being that has to make others feel horrible just to feel good for a second. You are worth more than that. Hugs.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I'm so sorry you had to experience that! That's awful, I can't imagine how anyone could treat another person that way But this is a wonderful place for you to come since its filled with so many positive and kind people! I hope you feel better
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #7  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Oh I'm so sad to hear about that! Everyone is right, that guy is weird and abusive if he thinks that's acceptable behaviour. Unfortunately, when one goes anywhere public there are horrible idiots around but at least you don't know them in real life. I would say that only 1/10 people are horrid but they make ten times the impact so that's why it can seem like the world is terrible.
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #8  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

He just taught his kids to take cheap shots for a laugh. That's going to backfire on him spectacularly. He thinks he's going to be immune to his kids pointing out some flaw he's sensitive about to make people laugh?

The only downside is that you aren't going to be there to see it happen.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote