Old 04-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #1  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Default Putting weight ON is so much easier than taking it OFF.

Am I right?

Rough past month for me, and I'm back up over my original goal. I'm trying to take it all in stride, but I'd really like to hit something.

Anyway, just standing up in full view of the public (that would be you) and saying that I'm putting a stop to some vicious backsliding RIGHT NOW.

Apparently, I still haven't learned how to deal with serious stress yet. I actually ate better while on my last 2 vacations than I did in my own home over the last 2 weeks. Eek!

Onward.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

it is way, way, way easier to gain. That is for sure. It can even be downright fun!

Not helping... I know... Enjoying is one thing. Seeing the pudge in the mirror and the bad health effects are a different story.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #3  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Being that I am losing and nowhere near goal or maintenance it is kind of scary to see how easy it is to gain. For the past 4 yrs I have been very overweight but basically maintaining that weight, not gaining, just staying at an overweight weight (if that makes sense). The thought of regaining after working so hard is disheartening but I am thankful to see the two of you and others here being honest and taking charge. It gives me hope for down the road.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

We always have hope -- and lots of hard work. Supposedly both are good for the soul!

I keep telling myself "Don't Panic." And I know where my towel is.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Not really. I find the faster I gain, the quicker I lose. It's the old weight I have been carrying for years that seems to be tough to bust.

Last edited by IanG; 04-25-2014 at 07:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #6  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

*Sigh* "Here I go again" seems to be my frequent mantra. But, like you, Michelle, I have hope! That's why my closet is full of too-small clothes! We'll all get there! As you said: Onward!!!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #7  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

onward, indeed.

It comes back surprisingly fast. I'm coming to accept that this will be a lifelong battle. For me, that takes some of the power and emotion out of it. The important thing is recognizing the problem and getting back at it.

I am so disappointed in my re-pudgification, but I will not let it get the best of me. I know that you feel and will do the same.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Snark you are so right...but I have no doubt in my mind that you will once again get that weight off...and you will find the secret to keeping it off...i once met a woman that lost 100 lbs and she told me that there was a lot of "starting over" along the way...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #9  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Not really. I find the faster I gain, the quicker I lose. It's the old weight I have been carrying for years that seems to be tough to bust.
Mmmm.... I'm not sure you can really count your "flying overseas, changing my diet a bit, coming back from overseas and seeing the scale has gone up 8 pounds" a true weight gain. Those are fluctuations as your body goes "Whoa!" flying.... different diet.... different awake and sleep times... flying again.... LET'S HOLD WATER!!!

Then, a few days of back to normal and WHOOSH!!! That weight goes away.

That's not the same as staying at home and easing up on exercise, eating twinkies and soda and gaining the "good old fashioned" way. That stuff? It doesn't come off fast and easy. Nope... I think it's slower the second time around. That our perimenopause has me in her grips and is having her way with me.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #10  

I'm refusing to get on the scales this close to the tail end of Easter - not to mention that we've had house guests for the last two weeks so while I've tried to eat right and I was mostly good I'm thinking that I also will have put on a few of the kg's that I had originally lost.

BUT I am refusing to beat myself up over it and neither should you Mrs Snark because just look at what you have achieved! And I know that you'll drop those pounds quickly because you're so motivated and determined to do it (as I will)... so life is too short to be spending too much time fretting over small slides, instead celebrate the victories and smile!
Bindii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Try to remember why you lost weight originally. Public shaming yourself will get ya on track
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #12  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Lucky blokes always seem to have an easier time losing weight! My partner and I will do the same exact everything, and whereas I lose a measly kilo or two, he loses upwards of a stone or more!! So infuriating!
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

I understand that long term weight loss will be a series of gains and losses, but it's still tough. And I'd like to keep those gains and losses on a smaller scale. Plus I'm disappointed with how willfully and deliberately I sabotaged myself recently. That's disappointing.

I'd been feeling pretty good for a while, but now my feet are back in the fire. I'm anxious to prove to myself that I can self-arrest before I slide right off the mountain (how's that for mixed metaphors).

Thanks for all the calming advice, y'all are the best!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

You have been someone I've read about on here and wished I could be more like. You are stronger than you think!
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #15  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
I understand that long term weight loss will be a series of gains and losses, but it's still tough. And I'd like to keep those gains and losses on a smaller scale. Plus I'm disappointed with how willfully and deliberately I sabotaged myself recently. That's disappointing.

I'd been feeling pretty good for a while, but now my feet are back in the fire. I'm anxious to prove to myself that I can self-arrest before I slide right off the mountain (how's that for mixed metaphors).

Thanks for all the calming advice, y'all are the best!
Unfortunately, yes it will be a series of gains and losses, but you did great by catching it quickly!