Old 04-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Red Team Spring Chat - Week 1

Hellooooooo Team Im one of the co-leaders of the Red team along with the lovely Rated and this is our chatter thread

Are we excited and enthusiastic? I thought our first chat thread should be an intro one just so we know who we are supporting and egging on I hope we see you all on here at some point not just checking in .. remember some words of wisdom you babble may strike a chord with another member and help them get over a bump

Sooo ... quick intro by answering a few simple questions shall we?

Preferred name: Katt
What plan (if any) are you following?: No plan other than counting calories, cutting out or really down wheat (bread/pasta)
Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? Been diagnosed with Gallstones and recently have an abnormal result on a liver test so who knows if that is something to play with lol.
Do you have any pets? I have 4 dogs
Biggest weight loss weakness? Chocolate and exercise - as in not doing it lol.
Fave type of music? Love everything but Rap/House
Favourite quote: I have 3:
- Life isn't about trying to weather the storm, its about learning to dance in the rain
- Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are, you never know when someone is looking at you and wishing they were you.
- I love the person I have become, because I fought to become her (this one will be getting tattooed on me when I have reached my goal )
Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic? Yes to both .. I have been taking photos the first weekend of every month since August last year Measurements every couple of months

Soooo .. how about you team?? Let us know about you .. and if you have any other questions to ask or info to pass on .. please do
Old 04-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #2  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey there Katt - cool to be on your team! Hope to get to know everyone else better too. Well, here's my intro . . .

Preferred name: Dora
What plan are you following?: Counting calories, trying to eat natural as possible. Also including more fermented foods, particularly kombucha.
Health issues: Hypothyroidism
Pets: Chickens (do bees count?,lol)
Biggest weight loss weakness: EXACTLY the same as Katt - Chocolate and exercise
Favorite music: Also same as Katt. Been listening to a lot more 40's Big Band and Jo Stafford of late.
Favorite quote: #1: When God pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust Him fully because two things can happen - Either He'll catch you when you fall, or He will teach you to fly.
#2:Whether you believe you can or you can't you are right.
Have you noted your measurements or taken pictures: Yes on both, there's a link at the end of my sig to see my pictures to this point in my weight loss journey.

I'll add that I love gardening, so this is my favorite time of year and I am so looking forward to all the fresh veggies soon to be coming from my plot.

Here's to a successful challenge

Last edited by Doragone; 04-27-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Preferred name: Buddha Belly
What plan are you following?: Low Carb
Health issues: Fatty Liver, caused by obesity, trying to stave off metabolic syndrome
Pets: none
Biggest weight loss weakness: weight loss has been my focus since December 29, 2012, and I eat too much nuts or nut butters sometimes, and I think also I have issues when I do diet soda.
Favorite music: I don't really go searching for music, I mostly listen to talk radio in the car, and don't listen to music at home
Favorite quote: #1: Haven't really thought about this
#2:
Have you noted your measurements or taken pictures: I haven't taken pictures, but I have been involved in a program at work, and a program at a gym, and had measurements taken at a few health fairs - waist, weight, body fat percentage, and of course weight on the scale daily, and have discovered that some of the blood pressure machines at grocery stores have body fat machines in them. I also periodically take waist and over belly button measurements. I also signed up for another challenge with the city that begins May 1.

I have gone down from 212.6, but in the last 10 months, I have only lost about 20 lbs, and it is just getting harder. I would like to get down to 120. I would be very excited if I got down to say, 139 by the end of this challenge.

Last edited by buddha belly; 04-27-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Preferred name: Sheryl
What plan (if any) are you following?: calorie counting, using mfp (username MissSMcC)
Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? No, unless lazyitis is an illness lol
Do you have any pets? I have 2 cats and a hamster
Biggest weight loss weakness? Eating unhealthy food at work
Fave type of music? Everything from rock and metal to dance and pop
Favourite quote: Not really a quote but song lyrics to F.E.A.R by ian brown (some of the lyrics are my siggy)
Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic? No measurements, and no pics as such but have a really bogging one my pal took of me on a night out

So excited for this challenge!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:19 AM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Preferred name: Novus

What plan (if any) are you following?: Wheat free. Low carb (<100 per day). Calorie counting. Minimal processed foods.

Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? PCOS

Biggest weight loss weakness? Salty crunchy snacks. Diet Dew. Plus, I tend to be a perfectionist which can lead to some serious frustration because there is nothing about losing weight that makes any kind of sense.

Fave type of music?
Alt Rock (Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Fun, Of Monsters & Men, Capital Cities, Django Django, Maroon 5, Vertical Horizon, Fall Out Boy, etc.)
80s New Wave (Howard Jones, INXS, Psychedelic Furs, YAZ, Depeche Mode, OMD, Sting, The Cure, U2, etc.)
Rockity Girlz (Regina Spektor, Natalie Merchant, Grace Potter, Alabama Shakes, Florence + The Machine, Elizaveta, Katie Melua, Sarah Blasko, Beverly McClellan, Tori Amos, etc.)

Favourite quote:

Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic?
I take measurements the first of the month and have done pics at a few random times.

And I'll add....

Favorite form of exercise? Running (when it isn't cold or rainy or snowy or...). Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Hobbies? Reading. Writing short stories. Cooking. Knitting. Pottery. I love "cultural entertainment" like art museums, plays, Broadway shows, opera, etc. Shopping. Fashion (I'm ridiculously obsessed with clothes!) Listening to music. Watching movies. And I'm a mod at website that focuses on reading genre fiction and that can consume quite a bit of my time (but I love it!).

Employment? I do data entry for a book distributor.

Relationship status? Dating someone but it's complicated.

Hair colour and style? Eye colour?
Red hair that is buzzed and spiky. (Short hair makes me feel sooo sexy. I feel messy when it's long.) Blue eyes.

Last edited by Novus; 04-28-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for starting this thread Katt and I love the idea of a questionnaire to get to know each other.

Preferred name: Rated
What plan (if any) are you following?: Counting calories and I wear a body media arm band.
Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? Nope
Do you have any pets? I have 1 golden retriever named Izzie. She is basically my kid. She is the reason that even when I want to come home and sit on the couch I HAVE to take her for a walk. She will not take no as an answer.
Biggest weight loss weakness? Chips, especially Doritos
Fave type of music? Pop, Country and a little bit of rap
Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic? I have taken some progress pics but I haven't taken my measurements for awhile.

Favorite form of exercise? I really don't like exercise but I have signed up for a 5k in July so I will be using the c25k app to train for that.

Hobbies? I don't have a lot of hobbies but I am obsessed with my dog. So nature walks/hiking/fishing anything outside with her.

Employment? Teacher

Relationship status? Engaged. I am getting married in August which is why I want to focus on this challenge and try to lose 20 lbs.

Last edited by Rated; 04-29-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:04 AM   #7  
Trying again

Just want to add some more for those extra bits that Novus came up with (thanks!!)

Favorite form of exercise?
This is hard .. I don't like any lol .. although having said that once I do get on the treadmill I enjoy it .. and I do like being at the gym when I do finally go (that will be restarting again in September when my treadmill contract has finished)

Hobbies?
Cross stitch, cooking/baking, reading, cross words, collecting teddy bears

Employment?
Just became Assistant Manager at a clothing store .. so great for my depleted wardrobe ... not so great for the savings account lol

Relationship status?
Married to the love of my life in December last year after being together for 12 years

Back to its darker brown (more my natural) .. and no style as such .. unless I do something with it I naturally have the "Rachel" style .. which I completely changed when someone asked me if I was copying her .. NO .. I had it first lol ... and eyes .. they change from Hazel to gold to green to brown ... I must be very moody lol

And I will add one more ..

Any Children/Grandchildren?
I have a 22 year old daughter (Ashleigh), a 4 year old Grandson (Silas) and a 2.5 year old Granddaughter (Zoey-Rose).
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #8  
Unstoppable Force

Finally saw 175 again today.

I made it to 175 last August and then got down to 169. Then I totally got derailed: plateau, hand surgery, enduring the worst winter ever. And I gained about 15 pounds.

But I'm back at it and am totally ready to finish this journey. That 175.8 this morning made me all kinds of happy.

Hope everyone else is having a great week. I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers to the questions and getting to know you a bit.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #9  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Let's have a great week RED TEAM!!!

Preferred name: DC

What plan (if any) are you following?: Transitioning to a vegetarian diet. Plus cutting back on processed foods and dairy.

Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? Nope

Do you have any pets? I have a cat and a dog.

Biggest weight loss weakness? Sweets and red wine!

Fave type of music? Love it all! Wait...no I don't listen to Metal.

Favourite quotes:

- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
- If you're going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance.
- If you want to change somebody, don't preach to him set an example and shut up! -Jack Lalanne

Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic? Yes

Well that's it for now. I've been working out and watching my food intake. Ready to get this weight off once and for all. And keep it off!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #10  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Preferred name: Lori
What plan (if any) are you following?: low carb, cutting portions
Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your weight loss? Pre-diabetes....trying to lower blood sugar
Do you have any pets? Cat
Biggest weight loss weakness? Motivating myself to exercise
Fave type of music? Pop, metal, thrash metal, rock, and starting to listen to country
Favourite quote: Life's a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get.
Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic? Yes to both

Favorite form of exercise? Walking

Employment? Admin

Relationship status? Married 22 years this August!

Long brown hair, brown eyes

Last edited by Lori Ann; 05-01-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #11  
Trying again

Okee ... so weigh ins should be starting in the next day or two .. dont forget to update it before 6pm Sundays.

Im letting the team down badly this week .. birthday week got way out of hand .. but its a good wake up call and will pull that back for next week
Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #12  
Unstoppable Force

Posted my weigh-in this morning. (I try to always do it on Fridays so I don't miss the Sunday deadline.) I lost 1.8 pounds. Total loss for April was 9 pounds. Yay!

Good luck everyone! Go Team Red.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #13  

Hello there!! Looks like I am little late to the party.. But I am glad that I got here finally

Preferred name: Nlauah

What plan (if any) are you following?: Nothing much other than calorie counting

Do you have any health issues that may affect your working on your loss? Asthma and a knee injury

Biggest weight loss weakness? Always at social gatherings with lot of food from outside and unhealthy choices

Fave type of music?
I listen to pretty much everything.. Music is my best companion

Favourite quote:
Smile - A curve that can set a lot of things straight

Have you noted your measurements or taken a pic?
Never

Favorite form of exercise? I love to walk... But I guess I should try other forms too

Hobbies? Reading. Crochet. Painting

Employment? I am a business analyst (A complete desk job aargh!!!)

Relationship status? Single

Black with long layers.. Eye colour is black too

Last edited by nlauah; 05-02-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #14  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Weigh in day tomorrow chicks! Good luck everyone!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Low carb, newly diagnosed diabetic, love rock, metal and really good singers, dislike twangy country, lots of animals.

Sorry guys - I went up .6 this week and it's because I overate, no mystery. I was doing fine until I started these challenges! I'm usually competitive so I thought it would help. I wonder if some reverse thing is going on??

But now I'm diabetic so I really need to lose the pounds. I pledge 2 pounds for next week!!

Lori - Don't play around with the pre-diabetes. Nip it now! Everyone is different so the best advice I can give is eat protein and fat every time you eat. You might want to actually test and find out what raises your blood sugar so you can stay away from it.