Old 03-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi turtles,
Cherry, I'm sorry your stress is creeping up. Here's some foods to help you outhis is a specific weight watchers program of low or no-fat and sugar free foods...............no prepared or processed foods except yogurt and reduced calorie breads.
If you look at the back of our trackers, you'll see a whole bunch of simply filling foods. Simple start takes most of these and then adds up to 7 points plus per day. If you don't use the 7 points plus in one day, you lose them.
You build your program on fresh, frozen or canned fruits without added sugar, lean proteins including beans, turkey, chicken, eggs,beef, pork, fish and shellfish and meat subs (like Boca burgers). Also include fresh, frozen or canned veggies and also potatoes are allowed. Whole grains are allowed, but the type you'd expect like the whole wheat and whole grain cereals. All dairy needs to be ff and they allow light breads as well as "thin" soups and sfJell-O. Of course condiments (be careful of the sugary ones like ketchup. BBQ sauce did not make the list. Also 2t. healthy oils.

We have several girls at our meeting using this program and doing well.
Remember, if you want to use a full fat cheese, you can as long as you deduct the 3points plus from your 7 day available.

You don't have to weigh or measure, but they caution that you eat only until you are satisfied. Cherry, I wish you well. You've been with us for your journey and you've done remarkably well. I want to mention that if this isn't specific enough for you you might want to join again and get the starting materials. The Simple Start book has nice recipes and suggestions for various breakfasts, lunches, and dinners as well as snacks. I know $ can be a problem for all of us but you don't want to gain any more weight back.
Getting the materials (right now our members can join free and just pay the weekly fee) might cost you under $13 and I bet it would be a blessing to have these great ideas in front of you.
Wishing you the very best!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #47  

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the basic list of foods are ones I am already aiming for. I am going to make an effort to continue recording all of my food and I think that will help. My portions seem to be a problem and to many carbs sneaking in which messes with my moods. Don't worry I will not give up. I have made it this far. I am still 80 pounds down but I would like to be back down to that 100 pounds down.

Ladies keep up the good work and don't let the day to day obstacles get you down. We can do this.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #48  
Chick

Good to hear from you Cherry. You've got a handle on this. Lots of us are finding that staying away from bread, even though it is allowed, stops the craving for more sugars and treats. Good luck. Keep in touch. Let us know how you are doing. Deep breaths, deep breaths. You are right. We all need to keep up the good work and get up and over the day to day obstacles.
:
Judy
Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #49  
Chick

I went to my WW WI today and was down 1.4#. That makes me 192.6 or so and the lowest I've been this go around. Yay. Onward and downward.
Looking forward to breaking 190#.

Best and : to all. Judy
Old 03-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - Back from my holiday which was super. Weather was in the 80's everyday & only rained once while we were sleeping.
So, after being back in my swimsuit I am motivated to really drop some weight before swim season up here. Went out at lunch time & stocked up on fresh fruit & salad fixings. Was nice being away but lovely to be back at home with dd & grandson.
Judy - congrats on your weight loss!
All - hope everyone is trying their best.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #51  
Chick

Hi Bandit and Turtles,
Glad you had a good vacation and the weather was great! Good luck with the healthy foods for salads, etc. I want to do even better this week.
Part of my difficulty with weight loss is I run out of patience. I feel as though I have been doing this forever (I have) and I want it off now. Then I go and eat something stupid. Anyone else do that?

Okay, : and : to all. Chime in when you can and Onward and downward!
Judy
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #52  

Judy - I definitely self sabotage with my eating. I am always doing something stupid when I know better. Great job on the weight down last week.

Bandit- I am jealous of the nice weather you had on vacation. All it is supposed to do this week is rain. It helps my mood when I can be in the sun but it isn't to hot.

We are trying to plan our garden for this summer. I am starting to crave the fresh veggies. I wish I wasn't so lazy and knew how to can stuff for the winter.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #53  

Hi turtles - it has been way toooooooooooo quiet on here for quite awhile.
Where is everyone?
For my part, I have been struggling big time with this weight loss thing.
Tonight at Tops is our Awards Night & I am hoping to get some inspiration & motivation which I desparately need.

So, how is everyone else doing? =
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #54  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, so glad you wrote. I am sick right now, but as soon as I can I'll start a new thread.

Good luck with inspiration from TOPS. It has worked for you in the past.
I am not doing great, but will get back on track the way I always do.

Best of everything and : to all
Judy
Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #55  

Hi Judy - get well soon & lets all get posting on our new thread!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #56  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
See you all on Thread 292: Bale of Turtles Putting Spring in our Steps!
Judy