Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 248/236.2/200

Height: 5' 7"

Default finding healthy substitutes

One strategy I use is to find healthy substitutes for the foods I tend to binge on. For example, I really enjoy potato chips. I found a brand out of San Francisco called "Pop Chips" that are healthy and can be worked into a daily allowance. Having these options available in the house helps prevent the urge to binge.
livinmovinhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5'2"

the funny thing is, i never thought i was emotional or stressed. so i remained in denial about binging. i'd lose 2 pounds over a month and gain 5 in a weekend.

it was always about "rewarding myself". which is stupid now that i think about it. 3FC has been really helpful in helping me figure out how to manage this. it's work in progress.
maddierep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone! I have a few questions below about binge eating and I am looking for clarification and how other people view binge eating.

I am torn because I have trouble with the idea of "binge eating". I am never quite sure what qualifies as a binge.

Does eating a bag of chips to satisfy a craving qualify as a binge, even if i have eaten nothing else that day? Or is a binge eating until I am uncomfortable and feel sick? I am an emotional eater with boredom as my trigger - would that qualify me as a binge eater?

Isn't everyone, at some point, usually a binge eater? Does over eating on a regular basis make you a binge eater or just an overeater? I will admit the word "binge" makes me uncomfortable because I hate the idea that I am unable to control myself around food. I am much more comfortable with the idea of being an emotional eater as opposed to a binge eater.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
Hello Everyone! I have a few questions below about binge eating and I am looking for clarification and how other people view binge eating.

I am torn because I have trouble with the idea of "binge eating". I am never quite sure what qualifies as a binge.

Does eating a bag of chips to satisfy a craving qualify as a binge, even if i have eaten nothing else that day? Or is a binge eating until I am uncomfortable and feel sick? I am an emotional eater with boredom as my trigger - would that qualify me as a binge eater?

Isn't everyone, at some point, usually a binge eater? Does over eating on a regular basis make you a binge eater or just an overeater? I will admit the word "binge" makes me uncomfortable because I hate the idea that I am unable to control myself around food. I am much more comfortable with the idea of being an emotional eater as opposed to a binge eater.
I can only speak from my own experience, but for me there is no satisfaction in binging. I have more of a "fvck it" attitude when I binge, and by the end of it I am uncomfortably full, and feel sick for the remainder of the day (or night.) Binging does not make me happy, it is just something that I do.

I personally don't believe that everyone is a binge eater at some point. In my opinion, there's a difference between "satisfying a craving" and "binging." Once you've satisfied a craving, you're content. When you binge, you are not content.

Hopefully some of this makes sense!
riotgirl is offline   Reply With Quote