Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Has anyone ever had problems with night binges?

I do really well during the day eating healthy ect.
Seems like every night I wake up around 3 am and binge. It's crazy. I just can't seem to help myself. I am half asleep when I start but it's not like I am doing it in my sleep.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks
judi

Last edited by projectjudi; 04-25-2014 at 07:17 AM.
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #2  

I was a night binger - mostly a combo of enjoying eating at night and in my past, I was invaded by an abusive family in a 1 bedroom apartment - there was no quiet time of escape other than the wee hours.

Perhaps looking into your past and your natural eating preferences helps. I too am the same - a 'ok in the daytime, a desire to be "bad" in the nighttime (bad against what who knows - social deviance?) So I use that instead to intermittent fast/not eat in the day and when I go home after work, I break fast and get my eating release because that is when my appetite naturally goes up. That along with exploring the past and working on healing from emotional wounds has helped with reducing any 3 am eating - how can I eat at that time when I just finished a few hours before? =)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Absolutely! I would guess that most people who binge do it out of a compulsion and our resolve is usually at its lowest when we're tired at night. Perhaps you could change your environment. For example, if you tend to sit in front of the t.v. and binge, maybe you could go to another room. I know it sounds over simplified, but sometimes the best solutions are simple.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #4  

Are you really hungry when you wake up in the middle of the night? Perhaps you need to have a snack before bed time.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Warning if you take products like Ambien for sleep - they can make some people do absolutely weird things in a 'walking blackout', like getting in the car in jammies & driving to who knows where, or eating everything they can get their hands on ie: whole tubs of margarine, and other yucky stuff. Seriously - check with your doctor if you are on any regular meds for sleep. You can always google side effects for whatever drugs you may be taking and check the legit medical sites.

just a side note.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #6  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

I wonder if you are not eating enough during the day? Physically, binges tend to happen as a result of calorie restriction. The fact that you wake up in the middle of the night suggests your body is trying to tell you something. My suggestion would be to eat more during the day, particularly a healthy late evening snack to tide you through the night.
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

I would suggest adding some protein before bed, or some protein and fat, so that your blood sugar doesn't drop too low in the middle of the night and wake you up. If you eat a carbohydrate before bed, eat it with a protein or fat to slow the digestion of the carb.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/143/125

Height: 5'5"

You and I are probably raiding the refrigerator at the same time, in our respective homes. LOL. I thought that once I lost weight it would stop, but it hasn't. I read somewhere that we frequently confuse hunger and thirst. Perhaps we're just thirsty? Oddly, the middle of the night snacking has become the most difficult habit to break.
WeightGoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

It's weird. I wake up with a bad craving for chocolate and peanut butter and can't talk myself out of it.
I do eat really healthy during the day and do not deprive myself (usually)
If I lived alone I could just remove these foods from the house but that isnt the case. You have no idea how many bags of chocolate chips I have bought to replace the ones I have eaten and hope that no one notices.
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectjudi View Post
It's weird. I wake up with a bad craving for chocolate and peanut butter and can't talk myself out of it.
I do eat really healthy during the day and do not deprive myself (usually)
If I lived alone I could just remove these foods from the house but that isnt the case. You have no idea how many bags of chocolate chips I have bought to replace the ones I have eaten and hope that no one notices.
same here!!!
stardozer13 is offline   Reply With Quote