Old 01-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

No, but 41 did make me depressed
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 334/332/150

Height: 5'7

I loved turning forty, It didn't bother me at all, I will be 41 Sunday and am looking forward to that, the reason being is because I got to live another year and enjoy life, I am at a place now to where I can start FLYING< (finally loving youself) I am thankful that I have had 41 years, if certain things didn't happen I wouldn't be here to say hello to all of you.
pkstracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday pkstracy!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #19  
Tired of being fat

S/C/G: 191/183/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames14 View Post
Hello,
maybe its just me.. But since I have turned 40.
I cant seem to get out of my own way..
I cant decide where I belong... Mid Life Crisis?
I cant figure out, how exactly I should feel.

LOL. pathetic I sound..
Deep inside I want to lose the weight...
When you turned 40 did it seem to make it impossible for you?
I know this is old.but I just joined and could've written this. Its alll me.
Babylongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I just turned 48, and it's the first birthday that made me uncomfortable in any way. I've said since my late 20's that if I'm ever tempted to lie about my age, I will lie "up" so that I'm guaranteed to look younger than the age I claim.

As to my weight loss efforts and aging, ageing (maturing, anyway) has actually helping me in some ways and is hurting me in others. My metabolism is drastically reduced, but my knowledge and patience with myself are drastically improved.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Turning 30 was traumatic for me. I always said that once I hit 40, that i would start counting backwards! I'll be 30 again soon. I wonder how traumatic it will be the second time around LOL. Seriously though. I'm not looking forward in reaching 50 in just a couple of short years. Turning 40 wasn't so bad! However for the last 5 years i've been trying to get healthy, lose weight, and live a better lifestyle in anticipation of feeling younger and looking better in my 50's. The best part of my life has been the last 10 years, so I can't complain much about being 40+. Let's see how I feel when I hit 50 in two years. If i'm at goal weight and still have no wrinkles, i'll be a happy camper at 50.

Last edited by seaurchin; 03-31-2014 at 07:03 PM.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Did turning 40 make is seem impossible for me? Quite the opposite!! The year I turned 40 was when I started all of this, and 3 years later, I'm still maintaining and working - something I tried over & over & over in my 30s and even in my 20s, and couldn't accomplish.

40 turned my world upside down and I'll admit, I had a mid-life crisis. BUT, it worked in my favor because I haven't been this active or healthy since my early 20s.

I have a different perspective on my life now because by all accounts, it is half over. That was a sobering thought for me, but that's what midlife means. Did I really want to waste the last half of my life miserable, stuffing my face with anything I could get my hands on, ruining my health, losing friends and isolating myself from the world? Heck no!

I've said it on other threads, but I'll say it again, the last 3 years have been some of the best years of my life - and it's ALL because I made the choice to get healthy!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I don't remember really having a crisis when i turned 40...I was in good shape, and I was very busy with my kids so I didn't really think about things as being any worse .....I think now that i'm quickly getting to 50 (Im 47 now) Im starting to panic..I just HATE that number...to me 50 means old...so that is when the crisis will come.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #24  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Zumbachica -- I will admit to hyperventilating a bit when I think of 50. I think of all the things I was supposed to accomplish by 50:

- Read all of my insurance policies (home, auto, life), from the first word to the very last word, and attempt to understand them. Nope, still haven't done that and to be honest, I don't see it happening either.

- Learn how to play Bridge and guitar. Nooooooope.

- Learn how to dirty talk in French (this was requested by Mr. Snark). Unless "cherchez la femme" and "un oeuf" count as naughty talk... FAIL.

- Have my "colors done." Nope, still clueless but I'm going to go with "Black like my heart" as my signature color.

- Sky dive. Ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Not going to happen.

- Pierce my eyebrow (I added this to the list during my brief goth phase of 1982). I've since rethought this as being way too painful.

- Wear a monocle (added to the list during my super brief Steampunk period of 2010). I now need REAL glasses to see at all, so the fake fashion ones are a no go.

- Locate my chakras. Still searching.

And so much more -- the list of my non-accomplishments is endless. And 50 is just coming up way too fast.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

OMGosh Snark, if i made out my 50 list i'd probably be typing forever....depressing.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #26  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Sometimes I feel like I wasted alot of time or rather took my time for granted. I will be 41 in May. Most women my age seem to have teenagers or even college age kids but I married late and have a 3.5 yr old. When I am at the preschool I am clearly the oldest mom in my daughter's class so I am reminded regularly of my "advanced maternal age" lol! I think our daughter will be an only child at this point but I'm a little sad because I always hoped to have 2. Weight issues in both me and my husband have contributed to that so I'm resentful of the 40s too. But, it is what it is and I can only change me so I am finally ready to focus on doing that by working on my health and weight. I am hoping at some point the husband will follow.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 212

Default I'm 42 and happy.

I really need to be here. This is my first time. I need to say that I need this support group. I am having trouble since 40 to lose because my metabolism has slowed and I have terrible self control issues. Another problem I have is waking up every morning beating myself up for the day's binging yesterday. I will get to a diet, be on it for a day, and the next day I will be eating whatever I want because-I don't know! It feels like there is some kind of switch in my mind that is stuck on "fail again". I really feel embarrassed that I have to tell you all this but I know that I have to have some support. Even if no one comments, it's feels so good to get that out there. Thanks for listening. M
Martha L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #28  
Warrior Princess

I'll be joining you guys in August. *sigh

I have been dreading the big 4-0 for about 2 years. I lost all of my excess weight but now my face now looks older. Can't win. :/ I admit I'm vain and having a very hard time accepting getting older.

There's a lot of things I have wanted to accomplish and I'm working on it. Traveling is a big one and I'm finally putting it into action starting this November even though I'm petrified of flying. I have avoided flying since 1995 so this is huge for me.

Oh well.. See you ladies soon.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 212

Default need to relate

I'm new here and I hope my post gets read. I have been doing well on a diet, I use a diet app and I woke up looking thinner two days ago. I loved it. Then I slipped and now imI'm not so thin looking again. I'm 42 and still want to be thin. Love what eating less does for me in other areas too. I want to start a overeat and nightmare thread when I learn how because I am having nightmares not only when I eat 3000, but now when I eat 2000. It's just too much food at my age. Our need to get up and move. Thank you.
Martha L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #30  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha L View Post
I'm new here and I hope my post gets read. I have been doing well on a diet, I use a diet app and I woke up looking thinner two days ago. I loved it. Then I slipped and now imI'm not so thin looking again. I'm 42 and still want to be thin. Love what eating less does for me in other areas too. I want to start a overeat and nightmare thread when I learn how because I am having nightmares not only when I eat 3000, but now when I eat 2000. It's just too much food at my age. Our need to get up and move. Thank you.
Martha, join us in the Dance like a chicken day thread. It says "challenge" but it's more like a chat/accountability thread.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote