South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #1  

Default How are you doing on South Beach?

If you've been on South Beach for more than 2 months, I'm curious how you are doing. I did it for one month and did well, stopped and of course gained.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have been doing SBD for awhile if you stick to it you will do well. I too fell of the wagon and went back to my old eating habits. If you do you will gain. I find for me this way of eating ( I not using diet anymore) is about finding out what works for your body. Good luck I hope you join us on the beach.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:36 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Hood! I lost about 15 pounds during the summer. I think that was about 3 months on the diet.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #4  

After the first two weeks, I've found that I lose about 1/4 a pound a day. No, that isn't very rapid, but this is also an easy eating plan.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:39 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I am an extremely slow loser (metabolic stuff) but this is a plan I have been able to stick with, and lose slowly but surely. I've been on it since October 9 and have lost around 15-20 pounds or so since starting it. It's the most reasonable diet I have ever been on, and I can feed my whole family the things I need to eat, which was hard to do on other plans.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #6  

Jennifer: how do you think SBD compares to WW etc? I am insulin resistant and really struggling to stay OP on WW.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Daisy, WW and SBD can be combined. I'm insulin resistant too - Type II diabetic.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

Daisy...I don't know if this would help you, but I have thought about combining ww with sbd too....Mauvaisroux is also doing a combo and listed several days of her meal plan for me to see with points calculated. If you look on page 2, you will find it. It says WW/SBD for Chazmom.

I have joined WW at least 6 times and never seem to lose more than 10-15 pounds and I gain it back. Apparently I have to be told what I can and can't eat. On WW I would use my pts many times on a Happy Meal and that couldn't have been good, obviously it wasn't Or I would end up at the end of the evening hungry, and out of points. So far no problems here...granted it has only been 5 days, but I am optimistic

Good Luck!
Old 01-17-2004, 11:27 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

I think if you are insulin resistant, then SBD would be better for you than WW. (Or a combination of the two). If you are IR, you probably have carb cravings, and eating pasta, flour, potatoes, etc are making you crazy for more! I loved the WW program when I was on it the first time (lost 50 pounds) but after I developed IR, it didn't work for me. SBD will cut your cravings and control your IR.

Good luck!! Please ask any questions you might have!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:34 AM   #10  
Peachygal

Hi there!
I'm also IR and PCOS. I've been on the South Beach Diet since June 16 and I've lost 96 pounds. WW didn't work for me. SBD is the perfect diet for folks with endocrine disorders. Good luck to you; it's great on the Beach!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:02 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Congratulations, Peachygal! You've done fabulous. Has your weight loss helped your PCOS? I also have it. Visit us on the PCOS forum some time! Welcome to 3FC.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:34 PM   #12  

Peachygal, what an inspiration you are! Keep up the good work and please post often. (By the way, where in North GA? I'm from Rome, GA)
Old 01-19-2004, 04:52 PM   #13  

I am doing okay. I have been off for a few days, but I try to keep on phase 2. I have some carbs like low carb whole grain breads and once a week I eat pasta for dinner. I feel better with less carbs. If I have a day with a lot of carbs, I try to have very low to no carbs for a few days. it all moderation and what your body needs.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:20 PM   #14  
Peachygal

Thumbs down Thanks for the welcome!

Jennifer,
Some aspects of my PCOS are better.....the hirsutism, the cysts on my ovaries seem more suppressed, my insulin level is down to 7.2. However, I'm still having problems straightening out my cycle but I guess the hormonal changes of losing 96 pounds have a shocking effect on things!

I regularly post to a support group on the Prevention board for South Beach, but thought I'd see what was going on over here! By the way, I have 2 sisters and my oldest sis has lost about 110 pounds, my middle sis about 80, and 96 for me. I've lost all of mine on SBD and they've used various eating plans but now they've turned to the BEACH for the final push to lose those remaining pounds. I look forward to exploring the site and posting again! Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #15  
Peachygal

Thumbs down Cassidy

Hi,
I'm in Hall County, south of Gainesville. Small world, huh?
Closed Thread