Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #1  
Struggling to be strong

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Default Ugh!

Monday & Tuesday I did good. Today I feel like I could eat a horse. I have re-read the book and considered the fact that the last time I tried to do this I lost NOTHING and had been on strict induction for a month. So thought I'd start out with the fat fast. Yup, like I said, did well the last couple days and lasted til dinner tonight! I had about 10 sweet potato fries, some boiled bologna and 1/2 cup buttered carrots. Help!?!?!?
BrendaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #2  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

We are challenged all the time with food choices. I need to have a plan for the meals/ food I am going to have for the day. I use myfitnesspal to log my food and keep me on track. I tried a fat fast once in the past year and for me it was not successful - it was too restrictive!! Don't beat yourself up for one meal - just get back to plan for the next meal! I stick to whole foods and still avoid rice, potatoes, bread etc. It's a journey - eating off plan is just one step back - just plan to move forward and work on developing new habits!! You can do it!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Brenda... We all have those darn slip ups where the food's voice is louder than our common sense.. (Just went thru a bad eating weekened where popcorn YELLED at me! lol) Its our lesson to learn to ignore those voices from the foods that are not on our plan. We are in control.. not them! Best thing to do is just start ANEW today and stay on plan for today... Just 1 day... just today..... Tomorrow is tomorrow and you can work on tomorrow tomorrow!!! You CAN DO IT!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I've done the fat fast and what I found really helped was to have each of the fat fast feedings planned out in advance. But you're quite brave trying that before going through induction, I think the first couple of days on low carb are challenging, and the fat fast is so little food that EVEN if you're fat-adapted you're pretty hungry the whole time...

Maybe try 'regular' induction for a week or two first?

And I can't help myself, I'll offer some unsolicited advice to relax and let this weight loss phase take as long as it will take. There is no race. Everyone loses at a different pace, even the same person will often lose at different paces at various points. I think the most important factor is having a long-term view, that you need to be actively managing your weight for a VERY (very very very) long time. During some of that period you'll be losing, during some of it you'll be maintaining. But to maintain you'll need to keep your head in the game to some extent still... I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is doing this weight loss thing Again.... But I'm really trying to make sure that what's lost stays lost...

When you can get yourself to that kind of mindset, the speed of loss is less important. Not that you become complacent, mind you (I'm on day 22 of a stall right now, and I'm hardly happy about it) but there is very little risk I'll "blow it" because of the scale's refusal to budge.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #5  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Brenda, the tips you've gotten work. The place that it has to start is in our mind. We have to want this to be successful. I've had a rough week with food. I'm back on induction level carbs too. We can do this! You're not alone. Very few people have a straight line to goal. But many succeed. We just have to get up and keep going. Throw out foods that derail you.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #6  
Struggling to be strong

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice. NO advice is unsolicited. Right now I need all the help I can get to STAY motivated. That's part of my problem. I KNOW Atkins works. I guess part of the problem is I expect it to work as fast (and as well) as the first time I did it. I don't think I ever hit a stall until I was around 140 (where I decided to "stay" and was happy about it). I just need to keep reminding myself I FEEL healthier when I eat like this.
BrendaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #7  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Feeling healthier definitely can lead to smarter choices if we allow them! Stay focused. You will get back there!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote