Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 82/63/65 kg

Height: 160 cm

Default Dukan Diet Support Part 3

Hi Everyone,
Hopefully this works and this thread posts in the right spot

I started this diet at the end of January and spent quite a bit of time on the forum and got loads of support so hopefully it will pick up again for new people to keep going.

I've reached my target weight and will finish my consolidation by mid August.

This has been the most successful and easiest diet I've ever tried and I've tried a few so anyone thinking about it, I urge you to give it a go.

Hope to hear from other Dukaners

Anna
amak30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #2  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Just started looking at the dukan diet properly. I'd heard about it several times (mainly associated with Kate Middleton's name...) and I remember one of my friends doing it over the summer holidays last year. She lost a significant amount of weight and, though she put some of it back on again, even she admits its because she moved and now lives above 3 different takeout restaurants!!!

So I started looking at it again and think I'm gonna give it a go. I looked up my True Weight on the website and though its slightly higher than my Goal Weight, I'm gonna aim for TW and see how I feel when I get there.

Attack Phase begins tomorrow! (its already 7pm now) I have salmon, chicken, turkey, beef, lean ham and eggs in my fridge and I'll pick up some oat bran in the morning. Quite excited!

I've tried SO many different plans, and on every one I lose about 8lbs and then get bored and put them back on again. Really going to try and make this work so I can FINALLY stop with the yo-yoing!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Anna and welcome kayylil,

Anna, pleased to hear that you are still going well. I am really enjoying consolidation and have dropped a little more weight. I am now around 60.5k and so far findingit fairly easy to stay there. I am compressing my consolidation slightly as I leave for an 8 week holiday towards the end of August and I don;t want to be too restricted while away, although we will try and be sensible. So I am slowly putting myself onto part 2 consolidation and monitoring my weight. I also have a two day work trip in about 10 days. That will be tough on the food side. I'll take my oat bran muffins and some of my yoghurt but for the rest will probably be somewhat restricted. So there maybe some damage control required after that!

Katy, Anna and I have found this diet very successful and fairly easy to stick with, although it does take a bit of preparation. But it sounds like you are up to that, as you have lots of good food ready for your attack. We did spend ALOT of time in the kitches, especially early on.

Anyway, good luck with your attack and I hope the diet goes well for you.
Filcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hi, I am going to be starting Dukan Friday. I am pretty excited.

I have a long way to go but I won't get there if I don't start!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing my HUGE weight loss.

(Thinking positive)

Last edited by Isles; 07-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/130/135

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome Isles!

Yes, you are doing the right thing and starting! It does seem daunting at first but hopefully the weight loss will keep you motivated. We are here to help if we can. Good luck to you.
Filcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #6  

Thank you Filcha. I have to do more searching for recipe's, but I guess I don't need that many on Attach.

Due to my job I do eat out at least twice a week but I am not going to be using that as an excuse. Once I start down the excuse road, it is all down hill.

I am sad I have to wait 20 days for a ticker!!!!! That is my first goal...to have some weight loss to put on my ticker when I can finally post one!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #7  

Worked on my grocery list over my lunch hour...

Do any of you use cream in your coffee??? I use Creamora but am not sure that will be okay on Dukan. Have to read the label, I guess.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #8  

Hi Katy and Isles and welcome to the forum

Katy, how did you go with attack? I hope you got some good results

Isles, welcome and don't think about how long you have to go, you've made a start and take it one week at a time.
Eating out is a bit of a challenge but it's amazing what you can find when you look, for example eating at Asian restaurants is probably the easiest because stir fries and vegetables are probably the easiest, also you can always have steak or grilled fish at other restaurants, just be carefull with the sauces that go on top or salad dressings.
Regarding the cream in your coffee, it's something I never really liked but I find skimmed milk in my coffee or alternatively a "skinny" latte from the coffee shop does the trick for me.

One thing that should become a way of life for you is reading EVERY label because I was staggered by all the hidden ingredients especially salt and sugar that is added to prepared food.

Good luck to both of you and please keep posting regularly
Anna
Old 07-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

Thumbs up Back Home & Still Loosing

Hello everyone, it is good to be home again! So glad to see this thread still going and see that there are new people joining us! Welcome, I look forward to getting to know you.

We left in a hurry the first of June to go see our daughter up north, 2 days drive away. She has MS (multiple sclerosis) and has been in a nursing home for 4 years already and is totally dependant, unable to do anything at all. We went because she lost the ability to speak and we needed to see her and reassure her of our unconditional love. It is very emotional because she chose to disappear from our lives for 17 years and we did not know if she was dead or alive. Until 2 years ago this July when she asked the nurses to find us, due to medications or the progress of the MS we do not know what changed her mind and attitudes. We are just so thankful to have our daughter back in our lives and know that God does answer our prayers.

So traveling, living in motels, cooking some meals and eating out quite regular was stressful. Trying to watch all the foods and make " wise choices"
turned into a exercise of keeping a journal of every bite and drink, so I could stay on track. This is the first time in my life that I traveled with a weight scale... lol I weighed myself each morning and did not obsess if it went up a little. Just stuck to the plan as best as possible. Most incredible " it is 4 months and I'm still off Insulin with good blood glucose levels", my doctor is excited also.

It's been 6 weeks and I lost each week we were away, a little .4 of a pound one week and up to 1.8 pounds another, I am so excited and will try to update the ticker later!
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:57 AM   #10  

Welcome back Lily, it's wonderful to hear from you again!
What an incredibly stressful time for you and I'm in awe of you managing to stay on the plan throughout!
It sounds like you have more difficult times ahead but you've proved you can stick with it through challenging times and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal.
Please keep posting when you can I'd love to see updates on your progress.
Anna
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,
I started on the Ideal Protein plan and although I lost weight I discovered that one of the main ingredients in their food is whey. Since I can't tolerate milk I soon had some not nice GI issues. Took me awhile to figure it out tho!
I am going to switch to The Dukan Diet as soon as I finish off the IP food I have, I am taking lactaid with it so I can stand it ( the things we do!) And waiting for my book to arrive.

I feel a little nervous about switching as IP does work but not only is the whey an issue it is not real food and it is expensive. I like the idea that this is real food and I feel reassured by you all.

Cheers
locastella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #12  

Hi locastella and welcome
I'm not familiar with the program you've been doing, is it mainly shakes? For me that would be hard to sustain

Dukan on the other hand has been the easiest and most successful diet I've ever tried and I've tried a few!
It's all normal food, with a few exclusions initially and very few rules. I found I was never hungry or bored.

I reached my goal weight about 6 weeks ago and have been maintaining it since. I'm now having more treats and am confident I can keep the weight off for good.
You mention you have an intolerance to milk and was wondering whether it was only milk or all dairy? This diet includes loads of yoghurt, cottage or low fat ricotta cheese as well as milk so that might make it more challenging for you. I know personally I couldn't have got through without my yoghurt and ricotta.

Do you use soy products? I haven't had much experience with them

Good luck with the diet and if you have any questions just ask

Anna
Old 07-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Anna
I have an intolerance to milk and whey. Lucky for me cheese and yogurt are fine. Ideal Protein is based on protein powder which is primarily made of whey. As for soy I try to avoid it because of the mixed reviews regarding estrogen. I make enough of that on my own. LOL
Thanks for the words of encouragement and I will certainly take you up on the asking questions !
locastella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #14  

Hi locastella
That's great to hear that you can have yoghurt and cheese because they have been my staples thoughout the diet. I didn't know about soy and estrogen all I know is that I tried tofu a while back and i found it bland and tasteless. I guess I was never meant to be a vegetarian!
Cheers
Anna
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #15  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by locastella View Post
I feel a little nervous about switching as IP does work but not only is the whey an issue it is not real food and it is expensive. I like the idea that this is real food and I feel reassured by you all.

Cheers
I was on IP for 107lbs. I did start gaining some weight back, but over the last year have been around my goal weight by 15 to 20lbs, then I'd lose it again. I would go back on IP Phase I to get back down in weight. I eventually just couldn't do Phase I again, so I started Dukan. I'm down about 13lbs. and continuing on with Dukan. So both diets I think are good, but right now I'm definitely preferring Dukan, because it seems pretty easy and I can eat real food. I don't have to worry about calories either.

I do have a couple of questions for the Forum. Sometimes I feel like I plateau a little on Dukan. Can your body get used to mainly protein diets and being on ketosis? Can your body build up an immunity to the diet's effect? Because I've been on a protein/ketosis diet a good amount of time over the last 1-1/2 years.

Secondly, the book indicates non-fat dairy is approved food and unlimited. Mainly because the sugars are from lactose. However, they do seem to have a lot of carbohydrates. Would these foods slow down a weight loss? I do eat a fair amount of non-fat greek plain yogurt. (9g carbs) per serving. I also eat a low-fat cottage cheese (Nancy's) every morning w/ Oat Bran, also sometime for a snack. Fat content is no greater than 2%.
Douger963 is offline   Reply With Quote