Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Default The Simple Diet / I Love This Diet

Ok.. so I was just doing some research on whether or not to do Nutrisystems, it's just so expensive and I know it works, I did it once with my husband after we first got married.. but then.. three children and 1 grandchild later, I'm back up and ready again.. I did WW and lost 40 pounds.. but "eating what you want" doesn't really work so well during the holidays and I've probably gained 20 back.. I dont want to do points right now, I just want to have my meals ready for me.. so I found this thread and am interested in one of the two diets mentioned.. which one is better to invest in? I can get THe Simple Diet from Ebay fairly cheap... the other one is about $50.. I just can't decide? Anyone with some good advice?

OH and coffee, creamers, etc.. I LOVE my French vanilla creamer, either in Fat Free or Sugar Free, either one is good, can I have those on these diets?

Last edited by pamela631; 01-02-2014 at 01:13 PM.
pamela631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I am going to experiment with this myself. I have lost most of my weight doing low carb over the past couple of years, but also lost quite a bit using WW's. The past two years I have stopped dieting during the holidays and last year I didn't start back on a diet until June 14th and I had gained back 25 pounds by then, this year I'm starting back today and I about cried when I stepped on the scale and seen how much I've gained in such a short amount of time. I have to change my ticker after I finish this post. Anyway, the number of nutrisystem commercials have skyrocketed and so I thought why not go cheaper and just do lean cuisines because I can get just about any of them under $2 at Wal-Mart (they recently dropped the regular price). I also like smart ones and other brands of frozen meals. I went shopping yesterday and got my fresh fruits and veggies, some hummus, unsweetened almond milk to have with my 1 cup of rice chex for breakfast. I know eating frozen meals is not the healthiest way to go but, just like someone else said on here, portion control is a big problem for me and if there are leftovers I can't seem to stop myself from getting more. The reason I liked extremely low carb was because I didn't have to measure anything as long as I stuck to just a few carbs a day it seemed I could eat a tremendous amount and still lose, but eventually my weight loss did stall and it may have been because I was overeating. I'm going to give this mostly lean cuisines meal plan a try and see how it works out. I will try to remember to come back and repost the results. I'm hoping the 10+ pounds I've gained recently will quickly come back off!!!
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Hey MandyDawn!
I'm actually afraid to get on the scale.. I worked so hard on that 40 pounds to just put it back on makes me so mad.. as I just previous tossed a handful of nuts into my trap.. lol I just want to lose so badly, I'll try anything that is cheap enough, and this seems to fit the bill right now.. I'm going to get my food list, shop and plan for the first few days and then start on Monday.. Good luck to you and everyone else.. by the way.. I just bought some almond breeze, unsweetned original and about tossed my cookies after tasting it.. yuk, that stuff is nasty.. maybe the Vanilla one is better?

Pamela
pamela631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Pamela - I don't drink the almond milk by itself, only on cereal, but I've never been a fan of milk anyway. I prefer the regular vanilla almond milk, but switched to the unsweetened because of the calorie difference. I think silk may taste a little better than the almond breeze and I buy it when I have a coupon - you can usually locate a $1 off coupon for it online.

I haven't been strictly eating lean cuisines so far, although I think I've had at least one a day since I started - I haven't had one yet today though. Anyway, I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup this weekend and, as usual, I ate too much. Portion control is one reason why I like the lean cuisine idea. I had a 6-inch sub at subway today for lunch and have the other half left that I'll eat either for dinner or have for lunch tomorrow. I don't remember which day I posted last, but I didn't really get started on my "diet" until Sunday because Friday night I went to a dinner party with all my zumba buddies and had chips with salsa, queso and guacamole, along with a glass of wine and part of a grilled chicken sandwich and then Saturday I made that big pot of chicken noodle soup and ate too much of it. I've done better since Sunday, plus I worked my butt off in zumba classes Sunday and Monday. My scale at home showed 241 this morning, but I'm not going to officially change my weight until Friday's weigh in. I'm really hoping to be back in the 230's, but that might be asking too much

I bought a whole bunch of lean cuisines and I'm still planning to eat them daily and see how my weight loss goes. I really planned on replacing two meals with them, I even bought the breakfast sandwiches to try. I make the "healthy cookies" recipe from the skinnytaste website (it's under breakfast recipes). It's 3 ingredients and soooo super easy to make. I add 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a dash of vanilla to mine, but I've input the recipe into my fitness pal and it's only like 45 calories each cookie and very filling.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #20  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I have a new favorite L.C. which is Herb Roasted Chicken, It is a very good meal and out of everything thats included in the meal the chicken is my favorite.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
I have a new favorite L.C. which is Herb Roasted Chicken, It is a very good meal and out of everything thats included in the meal the chicken is my favorite.
Ooo! that sounds tasty My new favorite LC meal has been the meatloaf w/mashed potatoes. Im becoming less of a picky eater and I have yet to try an LC meal I just couldnt eat so I'm excited to try new ones!
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I use frozen meals for my lunch or dinner a few times throughout the week. I'm actually eating one right now. I know the sodium level is high so it's one every other day or so. They are tasty and there are a lot of options especially if you don't want to cook.

For the other meals I have fruits/veggies/water and bran/oats and low cal almond milk (love it!).

So far I'm down 40 pounds in the last year just by switching to small portions and not eating ice cream everyday (but I will never cut it out completely...).

I tried a nutri-system 7 day starter pack from walmart once (it was $40 which is a bit to stiff for a college student...at least this one haha). I honestly felt super hungry on that diet and it made my sugar cravings terrible because of all the chocolate flavored things.

Overall I think these meal plans are a great supplement but I think it is too pricey and boring to just rely on it alone.

Good luck

-Sally
SallyLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #23  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa66 View Post
Ooo! that sounds tasty My new favorite LC meal has been the meatloaf w/mashed potatoes. Im becoming less of a picky eater and I have yet to try an LC meal I just couldnt eat so I'm excited to try new ones!
Oh! I had been eyeing this meal and now I know it's good. I was missing meat loaf terribly! Thank you!! I am going out in the morning to buy some!
BTW since I posted last, I am down to a size 12 from an 18. I eat frozen meals everyday. I am not a cook, never was and used to waste food by messing it up trying to cook. Smart ones are the ones I use most though Healthy choice has great ones too as do lean cuisines.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #24  

LuvMyMr - I am so glad you posted not only the first post that you did but also this follow up post.

I'm not a big cook either. I've managed to be able to figure out how to cook chicken thighs in the oven using olive oil, salt, pepper, and a seasoning mix as well as steak on the stove top using butter, salt, and pepper. THATS IT. seriously. anything more complicated than that and I'm burning stuff or i mess up the spices or whatever. Plus I am a working professional and also go to school so I don't have time or desire to cook, to be honest!!

Your post really made me see the light. Seriously, thank you so much. I was really beating myself up because I kept thinking "I should only be eating whole natural foods" but honestly I ain't got time for that SH**!!!! I figure a lean cuisine and an apple or some berries in the summer has got to be better than JACK IN THE BOX!!! haha!
MissCandice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #25  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCandice View Post
LuvMyMr - I am so glad you posted not only the first post that you did but also this follow up post.

I'm not a big cook either. I've managed to be able to figure out how to cook chicken thighs in the oven using olive oil, salt, pepper, and a seasoning mix as well as steak on the stove top using butter, salt, and pepper. THATS IT. seriously. anything more complicated than that and I'm burning stuff or i mess up the spices or whatever. Plus I am a working professional and also go to school so I don't have time or desire to cook, to be honest!!

Your post really made me see the light. Seriously, thank you so much. I was really beating myself up because I kept thinking "I should only be eating whole natural foods" but honestly I ain't got time for that SH**!!!! I figure a lean cuisine and an apple or some berries in the summer has got to be better than JACK IN THE BOX!!! haha!
My goodness you sound like my long lost twin. I don't cook! I just never had it in me. My mom does and hubby does but I just never got it down. I have been doing the frozen food route because otherwise I just did not know what to eat. I have tried to do the chicken thighs too. I would be eating them literally every single night! I do Healthy choice but almost always the Smart Ones. From an 18 to a 12 eating frozen dinners. WOW!!! I was trying to get to only a 14, just to get out of a 16 which I had been for years. Just tonight, right now, I have a pile of 16 clothes I am throwing out. You are welcome. I just wanted people to know that you don't have to do Nutrisystem or other plans if they are out of your budget. There are specials all of the time on frozen dinners or go to Walmart and Target. I just add my own fruit and vegetables with it and drink water. Yes it beats the Big mac meal I was eating or the whopper and onion rings. I was in my size 20s dress size then. I am a large. I have not been that size since my very early 20s, 22 actually, and I am 40 next month. It feels incredible!!!!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I thought Nurisystem was mostly gross. The cereals were okay and the pastas were edible. But I found myself so unsatisfied by the taste that I would actually eat another meal after I ate it.

I like the Healthy Choice and Amy's frozen dinners, they seem to have a lower sodium content and at least 350 calories to keep you full until the next meal. The Amy's are expensive though. But I like to eat one of those once a week because they have pretty decent Indian food. Trader Joe's have excellent frozen food too!

My biggest issue with some of the Lean Cuisine is the sodium content and that sometime they are as low as 180 which is bad if you are doing any exercise.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #27  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Like many here, I love LC's. I know exactly what I'm eating, calorie-wise, so it eliminates that stress. I don't have issues with sodium--blood pressure is good and I drink plenty of water. It's a great way to go to kick-start your weight loss as it offers some structure while giving you choices at the same time.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

I just found LC for my lunches. I am terrible when it comes to preparing lunch - if I am not careful I find myself heading towards Pizza so I have to say - these frozen meals are a great replacement. I can't say I would eat them for dinner but popping it in my microwave at lunch and not having to worry about food the next day at night is great.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote