Old 04-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/268/199

Height: 5'7"

Talking One-derland...One Of These Days

"One of these days I'll get back to One-derland again"
I've been saying 'one of these days' for about 22 years now

I was about 6 months pregnant with my first son the last time I was in Onederland..I swore up and down that once I gave birth, I was going to shed those unwanted pounds I had gained during my pregnancy and get back into One-derland

22 years later....my oldest son is now in college, my 'youngest' son is about to graduate high school next month and will be enlisting in the military shortly thereafter, and well, here I am sitting here still saying 'one of these days'....

For the past 20 odd years my weight has pretty much remained the same staying around the mid/upper 200's.

I've had my share of health problems including two strokes (2010 & 1012) and while it would be easy for me to use these as more 'excuses' not to try, I'm not going to do that...not this time.

I weighed in this past Sunday, April 20th @ 268lbs.

I have 69 dust bunnies to shed to get back into One-derland
DesertDustBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! You have a great goal and a great attitude!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs

You can do it! Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Why don't you join our support thread. I feel that way about one-derland too. I was there until last fall and then I went over and once I went over, my head lost it and then I GAINED a ton of weight as I went into a deep depression.

200 is my line in the sand. It's the ultimate goal to NEVER go over again... though I wish to keep closer to 175.

Here's the thread! And you can do it!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ort-group.html
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #5  

Thank you for the warm welcome

berryblondeboys, thank you for the link, will head on over there and check it out

Yesterday was the first time in a LONG time I had made a deliberate attempt to go outside walking...
Here in the desert boonies, at 5.30 in the morning, it's incredibly easy to lose track of time. It wasn't my intentions to walk very far or even for a long period of time for that matter so I was pretty surprised as I reach my front gate to learn that I had been walking for a full hour.

Just out of curiosity, and after resting for a while with my coffee in hand :P, I decided to jump in the truck and drove along the route I had just walked to measure my exact mileage using the trucks odometer.
I was pretty stunned to drive into my driveway and look down to see my odometer reading 2.7 miles.

Let me tell ya...this morning I was feeling it, lol.
I've been walking around like an old lady all day today.
I'm so glad that I had decided back on Sunday to walk every OTHER day for this first few weeks :P
I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to walk that far two days in a row.

Today I've been pretty much resting up...

This afternoon I took the truck out and drove up the same desert road and stopped right as my odometer hit 1.6 miles.
The way I figure it, come tomorrow, if I can walk to this point and then head back home, I will have walked a FULL 5K (3.1 miles)
NEVER in my life have I EVER walked 5k...at least not in a deliberate sense.

I'm actually quite excited about doing this...and tomorrow, my friend who lives next door (Shanea) is going to walk with me and keep me company.
We will be leaving around 5.30am.

I'm hoping that by this coming Sunday I will have shed at least 1 (dust bunny) for all of my walking efforts this week.

I still haven't started on the nutrition side of my 'plan'...right now I'm focusing more on the exercise part.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #6  

Talking

Sitting here just feeling soooo incredibly proud of my walking accomplishment this morning.
I walked 4 miles this morning

I'm sure I'm going to be feeling this come tomorrow morning, LMAO....but for right now, I'm feeling really energized

Looking forward to doing it again on Friday
Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/266/199

Height: 5' 7"

Talking New 'User' Name

I had originally started this thread a few weeks ago right when I first started my journey to Onederland...under 'desertdustbunny' but I couldn't figure up how to change my username on here, so I just started a new account. I hope thats okay, I prefer my new username as getting to Onederland is really my ultimate goal and seeing this 'name' reminds me of that

I've walked a total of 16 miles now..very exciting.
I've been walking 5K on Monday's, Wednesdays & Friday mornings..
I did my first weigh-in yesterday morning and lost 2lbs, as well as 2 inches

just wanted to check in and let you all know that I haven't given up..if anything, I'm more determined to get to Onederland now, than I was a few weeks back.

I started a blog called Onederland199 via 'blogger' (blogspot.com)

I finally got around to downloading the 'Map My Walk' app yesterday. I've been using their website this past two weeks to manually log my 5k walks and routes and I'm excited to use this app come tomorrow. I tested it out a few times this weekend and it is extremely accurate. This will save me a lot of time inputting my routes/distances ect..it's a no brainer, lol

oh..and I'm also going to be taking my doggie with me starting tomorrow too..he is a 2 year old yellow Labrador name Harley..
Things are just going great...

Will check in again in the next few days ((HUGS))
Onederland199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/266/199

Height: 5' 7"

Talking No procastinating allowed!

Yah! I got my socks on...

LOL..the way I figure it, at 4am, if I can get out of bed without procrastinating, jump in the shower, get dressed, put my socks on while drinking a cup of coffee, there is nothing standing in my way from doing a 5K..well, just as soon as I finish my coffee (aka cup of *mojo*)

I've got my phone all charged, my 'map my walk' app all set up and here in about 15 minutes (around 5am) I will be venturing out to walk another 5K...slowly but surely, I'm getting closer to Onederland
Onederland199 is offline   Reply With Quote