Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #1  

Default Newbie here

Hi there! I have decided to join this forum for some much-needed support. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism near the end of last year. Although I am very thankful for my diagnosis, I must admit that I LOVED being able to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, with no consequences. As such, I developed some pretty poor eating habits. Now that I am on medication, and my thyroid is slowly slowing down more and more, I have gained almost 10 pounds in less than six months.

I know I have to start becoming more active, but I find it difficult to exercise like I need to due to fibromyalgia. I also know that I need to start getting my eating habits under control, but I don't even know where to start...or how to kick my cravings and my nasty habit of eating when I'm bored. Any help and support would be much appreciated.
prouddogmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #2  

Welcome, I'm new here too and am finding so much good information.. I can really identify with your concerns to limit cravings, that's been my main problem in losing weight. The only thing that has really helped me with that was to make sure that I was getting enough protein. . most of my life, I think my protein intake was always low, and when I could actually see what sugar and sugary carbs did to my appetite, then I started to try and make changes.. I do use whey protein isolate to bump up my protein intake , that seems to help me with the cravings.. good luck to you in finding what works for you.
rockieroad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/227/140

Height: 5'5"

I am a newbie as well. Getting ready to start the Ideal Protein diet. I am excited to get started and get encouragement from all the users on here!!
Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote