Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #1  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Default What are your plans for an IP Easter Dinner?

I will be hosting my son and family for Easter Dinner. Luckily, they eat Paleo, so it should not be too difficult for me to work my IP needs in. Though I am "restarting" on IP (the last time I was on for such a short time, had to quit for unforeseen circumstances, and didn't phase off) I truly feel like a "Newbie" and need to learn the ropes all over again.

I'd love to hear what you are planning for Easter Dinner that will be a little celebratory and out of the ordinary, yet is within IP guidelines. I've been 100% and plan on staying there!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #2  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

I'm keeping Easter dinner simple - Ham & roasted cauliflower in two colors - purple & orange. My kids & husband will also get rice with pigeon peas.
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

At my husband's request we are eating out with friends - both families are recent empty nesters and old traditions passed on are hard sometimes.

I requested that we definitely NOT go to an Easter buffet as I am well aware I cannot handle that freedom. So we are doing Black Angus (I know, not Easter-y) because I can get food that is IP prepared properly. Not much of it, but since the guys like it and I can get what I need, I say OK.

Sad not to be with the kids...one too busy (do not get me going on that), one at college, one in the military deployed. They received Easter baskets CARE packages from me, though, so they know they are loved and missed.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

While I would love ham, I can never find one that hasn't been injected with some sort of sugar solution or glazed or some kinda thing and then the fat aspect is another issue. I will be making ham for the non-IPers, but for myself I will make a turkey breast. Asparagus will be my side. Can't say it is especially "celebratory," but it is OP and will be satisfying to me.

As for the "candy" aspect, I will probably cut up a restricted bar into little pieces and put it in a pretty little candy dish . . . and that will be my stash for when everyone else is digging into their baskets.

I may pick up some LaCroix sparkling water (I like the coconut or the pomegranate) for a special "drink." It doesn't have that additive (starts with an "M" . . . I learned this from Lisa), so it isn't addictive. I break one of those out on special occasions and put it in a pretty glass to feel festive.

Hope this helps ~

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 04-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

My Mom hosts Easter dinner every year, and being Italian, we always have pasta and meatballs. This year she's also doing a second course of a roast beef, roasted potatoes, vegetable and a big salad. I'll just have to keep myself busy during first course and have my 8oz beef, 2c veg and a salad for dinner

I am VERY lucky that family and friends are supportive and accommodating to my weight loss efforts. My Mom still spoils me at (almost) 28 years old
sunflwr816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Ham, asparagus, and salad for me!

The rest of the family will have the above, plus mashed potatoes, stuffed shells and my awesome veggie casserole (loaded with butter and sour cream plus a breaded topping).

We're hosting 40+ people this year. Fortunately after cooking all that food, I don't really feel like eating it.

The hard part is after guests go home - that's usually when I feel like picking at the desserts. Why is it that I can easily stay firm in my resolve at the actual event but then two days later, the dried out brownies, stale cookies, and shriveled coconut cream pies call my name like a siren's song?
trinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: pre IP 173/IP 166/150/145

Height: 5'6"

We are HOSTING 2 Easter dinners this weekend (I might be clinically insane...) - one with family and one with out of town guests. I love to cook and entertain so I am happy to have everyone - the biggest trick will be getting the things (mostly dessert) out of the house so they don't tempt me later.

Dinner #1 will be deviled eggs for an appetizer, a turkey with stuffing, potatoes, asparagus wrapped in bacon, brussel sprout salad and IP 'gravy' with cheesecake for dessert.

Dinner #2 will be feta stuffed peppers, dolmades and olives for appetizers, lemony grilled pork tenderloin, grilled lamp chops, tzaziki, greek salad, lemon roasted potatoes and carrot cake.

I will likely have Sparkling Ice in a pretty glass while they have EtOH and will select my menu items to be IP compliant.

For my kids, I bough much less in the way of Easter candy and made sure to buy things that I don't like that much (this hasn't stopped me in the past but should be less of a temptation this year!

Happy Easter!
Pukka8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #8  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am bringing a salad for everyone to share. Lettuce, mushrooms, bell peppers, cut up turkey breast, onions and my own dressing. I know we are having ham so I may have a small piece.
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #9  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Some ham, maybe some deviled eggs I think I can use the WF mayo and come pretty close. Then some sort of veggie I suppose. Nothing special. My trick will be avoiding the glass of wine or two, I've managed so far but that one seems to get harder rather than easier. My brother and his wife are hosting dinner so I will bring my own foods so I know they are IP. I have dinner there every Sunday so they are used to it.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #10  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm making IP friendly deviled eggs and cucumber salad, so I'll at least be able to eat those. My family gets a honeybaked ham and makes scalloped potatoes, honey carrots...everything delicious that I can't have. I might bring my own ham, and try to make a pasta salad loaded with veggies with the IP rotini.

I have a very large family though...29 of us will be at easter dinner and they can sometimes be nosy. Not sure if I want to be explaining why I'm eating differently to everyone, but maybe they'll be too distracted by their plates to notice.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #11  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I'm making IP friendly deviled eggs and cucumber salad, so I'll at least be able to eat those. My family gets a honeybaked ham and makes scalloped potatoes, honey carrots...everything delicious that I can't have. I might bring my own ham, and try to make a pasta salad loaded with veggies with the IP rotini.

I have a very large family though...29 of us will be at easter dinner and they can sometimes be nosy. Not sure if I want to be explaining why I'm eating differently to everyone, but maybe they'll be too distracted by their plates to notice.
Do you think the honeybaked ham is too high in fat or carbs?
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #12  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
I actually have no idea. I was assuming since my family gets the honey glazed it's probably not good to have, and I'd rather have control of what I'm eating.

Don't let me deter you if you look into it and find out its ok.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #13  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
It's too high in sugar. Even if you don't eat the glaze, many pre-cooked hams are injected with sugar.
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I'm just going to have a salad and some IP friendly ham. This is my first holiday on the diet and it's a big one. My niece (who loves with us) is being baptized and we are having the whole family and a large group of friends over for a party. Ham, salads, tons of desserts and tasty appetizers, wine. All of which sound delicious but none so delicious that it's worth derailing all my hard work!!! Happy Easter everyone and wishing you all willpower and a wonderful weekend!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #15  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I'm just going to have a salad and some IP friendly ham. This is my first holiday on the diet and it's a big one. My niece (who loves with us) is being baptized and we are having the whole family and a large group of friends over for a party. Ham, salads, tons of desserts and tasty appetizers, wine. All of which sound delicious but none so delicious that it's worth derailing all my hard work!!! Happy Easter everyone and wishing you all willpower and a wonderful weekend!
Amen, sistah! PERFECT attitude, good job!!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote