View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #112

S/C/G: 217/197/175

Height: 5'3

Karen, I am praying that Tim is doing better and can come home soon. It's always more comfortable to be in your own home.

Mary, Good for you on 52 years of marriage. It sounds as though you both have worked at having a good marriage and you have a nice family.

So far I'm not going to get the shingles vaccine. I have a medicare supplement and don't know if it would cover it or not. I would have to call before hand. I am going to call the doctor today about DH not taking the anti-viral meds. When his pain gets bad he wants to go to the hospital, but I told him THEY will make him take his meds, so why not just take them at home. I read online that they can have side-effects but it's better to take them and live with the side effects, which may be unpleasant but will go away after you finish the meds. I can't make him take it. It's stressing me out, but what can I do? I think it's important to take them at the first sign, and I don't know if it would help him to start taking it now. When I had shingles, I was off work for 6 days and then had to go back to work. I had pain, but was able to function. I took the meds faithfully. Maybe mine were not as bad as his, and I was younger. I didn't have the dizziness and nausea he's having.

I'm less than perfect, and that's OK!