Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Ugh You Guys.

I'm baaaaaaacck. Mostly because, well. This is what has happened to me:

Back in December, my grandfather passed away, 2 days after Christmas. And then I started my second semester of grad school. And THEN I started my new job at the library.

And I also gained about 15-20lbs through all of that. Ugh. I even went and got a personal trainer to help me out, and I tell you what, this has been the hardest 15-20lbs I've ever tried to get off.

We have people at work that like to dump their goodies on us. There's always cake, cookies, donuts, etc etc etc. Ugh I've never been around so much awful (and yet awesome) food all the time! On top of that, this new job is much more relaxed than when I worked at Belk, so before I got the trainer, I got less activity in. That's the only thing I miss about working at Belk, lol.

I need you guys again. I need motivation to get to the gym when I'm not with my trainer. I need motivation to take my lunch to work instead of going out. I need motivation to maybe start spending my breaks in my car instead of the break room. Basically...I need you guys to motivate me, lol. Fortunately the gain isn't a huge one, but I miss being in the 140s like I don't know what.

Help me get back there please!!!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #2  

You hit the nail on the head lol; I'm no stranger to this ballgame. I've used MFP just about every day since I first started my journey. That has never stopped. I almost always log breakfast! After that.... lol.

IDK about 2-3 liters. I drink when I'm thirsty; I personally don't believe it's necessary to guzzle down a gallon (exaggeration) of water every day. I drink a glass or bottle during meals, and usually get a big giant unsweetened tea after work from Starbucks. And I do go to the gym - well, I have a membership. Exercise has always been my biggest downfall. I've always said I can eat healthy all day long, but exercise? Pah. I do it because I should and for no other reason, lol.

I just need help with staying strong and not giving in to every weak moment. I've been having a lot of "Oh what the ****" moments and that has gotten me to my clothes not fitting right. I need to get out of that "oh what the ****" mode lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #3  
maintaining since 9/2013

I'm sorry for your loss. You certainly have had a lot of change, good and not so good. It sounds like things are more settled now. You can take a deep breath and get back in the mind frame that got you to your goal before. You're close. Here are some ideas that I'm sure you already know since you've been so successful: write down what you need to do; make sure to drink 2-3 liters of water/day; consider bringing music to the gym. Keep us posted & good wishes in getting back!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
You hit the nail on the head lol; I'm no stranger to this ballgame. I've used MFP just about every day since I first started my journey. That has never stopped. I almost always log breakfast! After that.... lol.

IDK about 2-3 liters. I drink when I'm thirsty; I personally don't believe it's necessary to guzzle down a gallon (exaggeration) of water every day. I drink a glass or bottle during meals, and usually get a big giant unsweetened tea after work from Starbucks. And I do go to the gym - well, I have a membership. Exercise has always been my biggest downfall. I've always said I can eat healthy all day long, but exercise? Pah. I do it because I should and for no other reason, lol.

I just need help with staying strong and not giving in to every weak moment. I've been having a lot of "Oh what the ****" moments and that has gotten me to my clothes not fitting right. I need to get out of that "oh what the ****" mode lol.
That's almost the bigger challenge imho--not the how-to but getting motivated. (that's why I deleted my post--I realized you already know how to lose wt) A lot of 3Fcers have sadi The Beck Diet Solution gives helpful things to counter those "what the **** thoughts. I'm about to read it as I'm in the same boat as you with about 9 lbs to lose, (and a lot more years on me).

Good music is what gets me to work out. When I don't have it, I don't work out. If you don't like the gym, though, just moving more, walking eg, will do the job. Or try something completely different that you might enjoy--check out some home exercise DVDs?

Water...I hate forcing it but I've become used to having that much. I drink a liter first thing in the am without fail. I've read that it jumps starts your metabolism. It also gets food through your GI tract faster and helps the kidneys to flush fat burning byproducts, all of which promote wt loss.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! You can do this.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
I've been having a lot of "Oh what the ****" moments a
'Make yourself a rule to deal with those oh what the heck moments and commit to the rule. If you are not committed to the rule, you will give in every time.

I have a rule that works for me but it won't work for you re all the cakes and things so one idea might be:

Walk out of any room where there's sweets, cakes etc. Don't even use the kitchen or dining room at work if there's always sweets and stuff lying about. Just a distance of say 20 feet between you and a sweet thing. Unless you're arms a longer that should keep you safe.

Anyway make a rule and do it.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back. I've been struggling with a bit of a regain too and for whatever reason(s) finding it hard to stick to my plan for more than a day or two at a time. I don't have any wise words to offer except: don't give up. You have caught the regain early. Keep at it and don't let matters get any worse. Good luck and good strength.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

"MOST PEOPLE" gain weight when they experience a life change. The college --> work life change is one of the hardest changes. Priorities change, there are feeders and donuts everywhere, schedules fill fast. You have all the tools and knowledge and experience to know how to lose the last few pounds! Hit the gym for like, half an hour before work. Walk on your breaks. Build it into your day.

As for bringing lunch instead of eating out, crunch some numbers. That'll scare you straight!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome back!! i was just literally yesterday wondering where you were and how you were doing
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #10  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

welcome back mimsy. So sorry about your loss.

I also work in a place that always has sweets and bread around --no bueno. I am trying to bring my own snacks but it doesn't always work either (I have been gaining and losing the same maintenance 5 pounds since December).

maintenance is just as hard as losing weight, it seems good luck and again welcome back

Last edited by kisskiss; 04-11-2014 at 01:13 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #11  

So I'm back down to 155, which is a lot more reasonable. I think a lot of the gain I was holding on to was water, and now it's just 5-10lbs I'd like to lose. My body's starting to look the way it did when I first lost weight and was exercising too, so I'm really starting to get happier than I was the other day!

I was really bloated after a bit of food poisoning... so much that a pair of shorts I bought not too long ago went from being way too tight to fitting normally within a week. Yikes!! I think that had a lot to do w/ the gain.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #12  
maintaining since 9/2013

That's great!