Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Anyone here starting or re-starting MF?

Hi,

I am restarting MF today and was wondering if anyone actively participates in this forum. The one thing that kills me about MF is that it is not as tastey as WonderSlim, but I know that if I don't do MF 100% I will not see great results. Can anyone tell me what they do to make the meals better to eat?
christina83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Hi christina83, I just started MF 5 days ago for the first time and I have to say that it was really rough for me to start it. I am feeling better today than I have since starting though so that's good!

I bought the Torani sugar free syrups that I add to the shakes and the oatmeal and it makes it taste soooo much better. I also learned that I can add cream cheese to the mac n cheese and that does wonders for the taste! So far those are the only things I have come up with to add some flavor to the taste of the MF meals. I hope this helps you!
Good luck!
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #3  

Default I'm thinking about it

Hello!

I'm thinking of starting Medifast in the next week or so. I've been doing My Fitness Pal for the past 3 months and have been restricting calories to 1400 a day, but I'm not taking off much weight. I don't know if medifast is a good way to go, but I'm super busy so I like the idea of the convenience, and perhaps it will teach me portion control and get me in the habit of eating many times per day.

The only other prepackaged plan I've tasted is Nutrisystem, which was inedible. I couldn't get it down because everything was gritty. Have either of you tried Nutrisystem and can compare to Medifast? I'm wondering if Medifast tastes a little better, or at least has a better consistency?

Good luck to both of you!
kynkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/292/240

Height: 6'2"

I've been doing Medifast for a few weeks now. I've posted a ton of info on my blog (weightlossachievementunlocked.blogspot.com) but the big things I do are this:

Hot meals (Mac and cheese, sloppy joe, cream of chicken soup, chili): I add spicy to this, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, hot sauce, red pepper.

I also incorporate a little turkey or chicken from my lean and green into it.

For the bars and bites, find the ones you like and stick to those. They are definitely hit and miss.

For the brownie bakes, I bake them in the oven and then chill them... they don't turn out great in the microwave. For pudding and chocolate chip cookies, I blend these with ice and water to make smoothies, and they are much better that way.

Good luck!
MarshallJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/158/148

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Just Beginning!

Thank you for the reference to food you prefer. I am finishing Day 3 on Medifast. Feel pretty good and the scale is already moving. (In the right direction this time!) I ordered a wide range of food. So far enjoying the peach/mango smoothie, Zita (adding a bit of 99% fat free ground turkey) and the Vegetable Soup is surprisingly tasty. It helps me enjoy a hearty meal and not feel so hungry at lunch time. These are my favorites so far! Look forward to making the brownies as suggested.

ycarijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #6  

Default I am back on the wagon

Hello. I am new to this forum and actually new to forum in general. I joined Medifast in 2012 and lost 40 pounds. I went off and went hog wild and gained all 40 back. I am ready to forgive myself and get back on.

I decided to look online for support and found this forum. My goal is 25 pounds, using Medifast and exercise, for a trip to Hawaii in June. For me it's not so much about how I look, but how I feel. After I had lost 40 pounds I felt so much better.

Looking forward to learning new things and meeting new people who struggle like me.
santeekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #7  

Default Restarting Medifast with a question

Hello,

I am restarting MF and have decided that I might try to manipulate my meals by adding in a variety of veggies and possibly some fruit. My question is how much sugar is allowed on MF. I cannot find a limit anywhere.

Also, as a side note, anyone else having a rough time getting in the 5 MF meals a day?

Thanks

Jeneau
Jeneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #8  

hello! i've done medifast for some time but once i start to lose i get a little too confident and get off plan. i'm looking for some support online to stay 100% . hoping to find some others as well. have a great day! one step at a time
koalafit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

I think there are little tweaks to all of the meals that I normally do that have helped me stay on medifast... some of them probably arent "allowed" on medifast... but they help me to stay invested in it and I also track all that I eat on MyFitnessPal so I know Im still doing low carb/very low calorie. Some of them are:

1. add a white cheddar laughing cow to mac and cheese
2. vegetarian sloppy jo is really versatile. I add 2 tbsp low fat newmans asian dressing to it to make it like an asian lettuce wrap.... or I add chili seasoning & the white cheddar laughing cow to make like a chili mac
3. adding 1 tbsp low fat sour cream to all of the soft bakes make them sooo good. especially the muffin.
4. if you put the medifast pancakes in a bowl and put them in the microwave for 1.5 min they puff up really big and it feels more satisfying than on the stove.
5. adding a bit of sprinkly parmesean cheese on the ziti marinara.
6. if you cut up the crunch bars with a knife into small bite sized pieces and freeze them in a bag they are really great snacks for like late at night
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #10  

Hi! I started mf a little over a month ago. It's working slowly but surely. I really think my metabolism is slow because I do not have huge drops each week like some. But, the trend is down each week, so I'm good with that.

I have found that if I add a babybel light to the Mac & cheese or ziti marinara it is much much more tasty. Alone, I can barely get those down. I think it counts as a condiment and a fat.

Like you, it's more about how I feel than how I look. Although, is be elated to get rid of my belly fat for good. After 3 kids, it's just never been flat since. So I guess my goals are to feel good and have a flatter belly!

Good luck!
akhslowandsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Hi! I am restarting as well! Did it three yeas ago with success. Needing to lose weight again and thought thus would be the best. I am looking forward to seeing the scale go down hope we can help each other out with this
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote