Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #1  

Height: Approximately 5'3

Question I need help choosing the right workout DvD

The choice of DvDs and various programs can be pretty overwhelming!

Iv read lots of good and bad reviews for almost everything. I keep being drawn to Shaun T stuff but I'm not sure if it's the way to go... I want to lose allot of weight - I'm not sure of an exact number yet but I know I'm over 200 pounds and only around 5'3. I have good health other wise, pretty good stamina and strength. I don't have any equipment or allot of space or funds. Online videos eat up too much bandwidth and I can't just walk/run/jog where I live. I think some DvDs may be the way to go - I haven't tried any before.

Any suggestions? Any videos that worked for you? It would be great if they were also available through amazon at a modest price.
Jecoliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I am a Leslie Sansone fan since July. Lost almost 50, actually today I do show a 50 lb loss! But it's been fluctuating within a four pound range since I started maintenance 7 weeks ago. The thing I learned is that it doesn't have to be awful and painful for the exercise to work. I don't really sweat much with these walking DVDs yet they have been so effective. I know some people just don't like her, but I do. Try out several DVDs and see what you like!

Last edited by CalCounter1003; 04-12-2014 at 06:55 PM.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Leslie Sansone for the win! Big fan.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #4  

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
I am a Leslie Sansone fan since July. Lost almost 50, actually today I do show a 50 lb loss! But it's been fluctuating within a four pound range since I started maintenance 7 weeks ago. The thing I learned is that it doesn't have to be awful and painful for the exercise to work. I don't really sweat much with these walking DVDs yet they have been so effective. I know some people just don't like her, but I do. Try out several DVDs and see what you like!
Wow! Great job! What kind of diet changes did you make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Leslie Sansone for the win! Big fan.
Did a quick search on amazon and she has allot..is ''Walk It Off in 30 Days'' a good one to start with? Is there any particular Dvd you all would recommend?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #5  

I'm a Turbo Fire girl. I started the program weighing around 340lbs. I was able to start with the low intensity moderation and have built myself up to the more advance moves. My favorite thing about Turbo Fire is no matter what shape you're in there's always a way to push yourself to the next level.

I found the dvd set on ebay for $30.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I'm a big fan of Billy Blank's videos. They're super intense. I also use Jillian Micheal's Kickbox Fastfix. Haven't tried any other Jillian Micheal's DVDs yet, but people seem to like 'em!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #7  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

The only dvds i can stick with are ones from leslie sansone (walk away the lbs series) and jillian michael (30 dáy shred and ripped in 30).
I tried around 20 dvds. From hip hop abs, turbo, dancing, yoga,...
But im not a real fan of work out though so i pretty much choose what are the easiest and fastest for me
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Right now I'm doing the Extreme Weight loss Chris Powell workout DVD. There are four levels and you can mix them up. I like this DVD because you don't need weights. You're doing lots of squats, lunges, and abs which gets your heart rate up as well as strengthening those muscles.
I think each workout is around 10 to 12 minutes, and it's really good when you combine them.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #9  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecoliah View Post
Thanks!

Wow! Great job! What kind of diet changes did you make?

Did a quick search on amazon and she has allot..is ''Walk It Off in 30 Days'' a good one to start with? Is there any particular Dvd you all would recommend?

I like ultimate 5 day or 3 mile party songs best.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #10  

Thanks so much everyone!

My Mom actually had a Leslie DVD (5day slim down - a mile a day or you can do the full 5 mile work out). I tried it for the first time today - I went for the full workout but ended up doing just 3 miles + warmup/cooldown. I'll keep aiming to do the full 5. I definitely think it's something I could keep up with and it felt like a great workout. Id like to start working out everyday but realisticlly I know I can do atleast 5 days a week. I think this will be a HUGE help for me as otherwise I don't get much exercise apart from normal everyday activity, cleaning, running errands, taking care of animals etc. which is good but not enough.

She also had the Extreme Weight loss Chris Powell workout DVD, Ill have to check it out too!

I'll start out with these and look into the other ones as I continue my journey! I'm on my way now.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Right workout is different for everyone. My workouts change daily because I can never stick to one type of workout/rotation/program. I get bored and try something else new.

Check out if your library has workouts DVDs , I was surprised mines has a pretty good selection.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

You can try a few of Leslie's videos on youtube. I have direct tv and there is an app on there so I can watch the videos on the tv. They are awesome. They have other videos on there too.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote