View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #72
AZtricia
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
I completed Day 3 of The Diet Fix yesterday as well as I’m capable of at the moment. I’m eating more calories than I really want in order to get the protein that the plan demands. I was wondering if there was some high protein flour or something I could sneak into my recipes that would increase the protein without increasing the calories too much.

I turned to the back of the book for inspiration in the recipes and discovered that he does, indeed, use a magic powder – whey isolate protein powder. Sigh. That doesn’t sound very natural to me. The bedrock of my healthy eating style has been “natural.” I’m afraid that if I use whey powder that my brain is going to think that the ingredient list of a candy bar doesn’t look so bad after all....
gardenerjoy In my quest to have at least 25% protein in my day, there are a few things I've found that help. Egg whites have 5 g of protein for only 25 calories, Wallaby Organic Greek Fat Free Yogurt has 23 g of protein in 1 cup, Ezekiel 4:9 cereal is satisfying as a carb and has 8g/serving, and Hake fish (which I can get frozen at Costco) is high protein but low cal and on the 'safe' list. More than anything what has helped is to have only one carb serving per meal and use those calories for protein instead. Also, having only whole grains (or fruit) for my carbs adds to the protein and the fiber is filling.

Last edited by AZtricia; 04-08-2014 at 11:33 AM.