View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #70
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Dinner was leftovers quickly from the fridge even as DW was cooking a dinner that wouldn't be ready in time before I left for an evening thing. Leftovers has the challenge of serving myself from containers that always make it desirable to serve more. I left enough in each of three containers to make another meal, CREDIT moi, especially since it was a favorite combination of taco burger, black beans, and yellow rice that I've been known to pile high on my plate. Finishing off the leftovers in a container is one strong urge. There is both personal satisfaction and points from DW for emptying a container taking up space in the fridge.

Three different walks, CREDIT moi. Turned down an offered ride home in the evening to enjoy both the exercise and walking the city at night, with the satisfaction of hearing, "I knew you'd probably want to walk" from my friend. From the library's 24-hour-layover-shelf, I picked up The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert. Not sure why I want to read a book that'll make me sad.

onebyone – Enclosed in my check for a copy of "Weigh the Weight Away" diet book - I so want that. Be sure that you have a chapter that covers how to weigh yourself several times in a row and believe the lowest reading. [Thanks for the Plank challenge link. They make it look so easy to advance. I'm tempted.]

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Useful advice in many situations, "I can improve on the next round." Was slapped upside the head by the Nutella video. Long after I stopped putting chocolate in my DD's Christmas stocking, I was putting Nutella. Duh! That's over. (Clever Russians - it's embarrassing how easily our media is diverted.)

CeeJay - Another Kudos for another day on plan. "Man I love typing that." It is a big deal each time you mount that exercise bike and worthy of taking Credit.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Bringing your VitaMix is worthy of Kudos for the control of that part of your food choices that you can. In California the Farmers' Markets might well be local food already - a thought that's hard to imagine from all of the places that get winter.

nationalparker – Sending supportive thoughts as you're facing the news about your mom and dad. I'm so glad that you're almost on your way down there.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Congrats to your scale for finally getting the message that a pound a week has been leaving the scene. Kudos for "a nice cup of tea" when feeling hungry.

GosfordGirl - Another new book, The Rosary Diet - I'm in for a copy although my patience with small crafts is below minimum. Kudos for doing the TRX straps class. I can't help but notice that all the images google provides are of svelte folks.

ahna - Thanks for sharing your YouTube channel - neat to watch your DS moving constantly. Kudos for choosing a Helpful Response strategy to that desire to binge, "if you think about eating the food, and go through the process in your head, it takes some of the craving/desire to actually do it away."

Readers -
Quote:
day 14 Plan for Tomorrow

How to Plan

Once you've written your plan, make sure you have the food or the ingredients to made the food. Is there anything you can do today to make tomorrow go more smoothly, such as cutting up vegetables for tomorrow's dinner? Make tomorrow's lunch? Now figure out how you're going to keep your written plan with you throughout the day.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 137.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 04-09-2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: 6crowsgold => GosfordGirl