Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Post CCRRMM Demon Food 21-Day Challenge

ALL HAIL THE CCRRMM DEMON FOOD SLAYERS WHO'VE GATHERED IN THE GREAT HALL O' THE PALACE O' IMPERIAL FIT FOLK TO HEAR OF THIS QUEST!!!!

Oh, was I shouting? Sorry. It's just that it's come to the attention of the palace guards that in this Season o' Pre-Valentine's Day that hath descended on the empire, the evil Demon Food Gang hath been seen in increasing numbers in our previously demon-free environment. Why, the Empress of Everything In the Whole Universe hath herownself been accosted not 24 hours ago by SEVEN PB cups (actually 14 as there are two in a package), which floated into her royal carriage whilst she was doing errands and sang their lovely siren song, making the empress feeleth she be safe and happy to see them, BEFORE they turned fiery red and and attacked her before she knew it, forcing themselves down her throat and depositing unwanted calories within her virtuous fat cells and thoughts of MORE pb cups she could buy in the a.m. ...

Accordingly, the Imperial Food Police Athletic Association is challenging all folkettes in CCRRMM land to a 21-Day Demon Food Challenge to strengthen the public resolve before Valentine's Day. Any who wisheth to post a personal Bad Food Demon(s) that they will pledge NOT TO EAT AT ALL for 21 consecutive days, starting with their first post on the thread, be invited! If thou eatest the Demon Food during the challenge, thou must start counting all over again. Sorry, them's the rules! Participants are asked to check in now and then to update what day they are on and to vent or chat on the quest if they desireth!!!

Note, this be not a competition with the CCRRMM's NOLA challenge ... it's just an extra fun demon-fighting thingie!!!! The empress hath pledged to step into the Great Hall herself (she's on the road to Atlanta right now but can magikally be two places at once, 'cause that's how she is) and post a DF (Demon Food) of her own that she wisheth to deflate. No Demon Food will be hurt doing this exercise ... they will only be banished to a far-off comfy land of skinny folk where their services will no doubt be appreciated more ...

Signed ~ The Imperial Food Police Athletic Association Demon Food 21-Day Challenge Committee

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-16-2004 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Changing the colors 'cause I can't read 'em!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Smile

Ok, dokey, Imperial Food Police Athletic Association Demon Food 21-Day Challenge Committee, yur on ... I, Amarantha, Bad Food Slayer, pledge myself to EAT NO CANDY OF ANY KIND for 21 days, starting today (donuts are ok, I'm just targeting CANDY)!!!!

Amarantha's 21-Day Candy NOT Challenge: DAY ONE!!!!

Send in them clowns ...

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-16-2004 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Fixing clown smilie ... sorry, I like the clown ...
Old 01-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #3  
deleted2

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Hail, Empress-- for starting this much- needed thread. For a queen, I must confess that I haven't been behaving well lately. Too much food! And unfortunately, the demon scale sees and records all. Maybe I proclaimed getting down to my goal weight too soon, as I'm up to 139. Maybe it's a fluke, maybe not. I do know it's time to spring into action! I'll need more than the magick wand though.

At this point I want to tally up 21 'good' days. If I come up with anything more elaborate, I'll let you know. Hey, I'm going to take a leap of faith and join you on the no-candy thing. Baked goods [the grainy organic ones!] will be allowed on my program, just no crappy candy! As I speak it, so shall it be!!!

We can do this!

Old 01-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Talking Eydie ...

Thanks for joining the challenge, E!!!! Yes, yes, yes, I hear thee and it goes for me as well: NO CRAPPY CANDY!!!! NO CRAPPY CANDY!!!! NO CRAPPY CANDY!!!

Candy Demons, be afraid, be very afraid.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-16-2004 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Closing code to emphasize NO CRAPPY CANDY!!! :nono:
Old 01-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #5  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs down I'm in Flynn

No wine...red or white or rose...however I do reserve the right to self medicate with a shot of rum if I need it!
Ceara
Old 01-16-2004, 07:37 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Yowza, Ceara, thanks for being in like the Flynn ... thy self-medication reservation be duly noted!!!!

My p.m. report: Down with the sun on Day One and not a Demon PB cup be in sight in this house ... peace at last from the Crappy Candy Monster!!!! Huzzah! On to Day 2.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-17-2004 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Can't stand an unclosed color code! :)
Old 01-16-2004, 10:47 PM   #7  
the sword bearer

Angry Day 1 Done

I'm off to bed. No wine or whine yet today ...I'm off with my bottle of...water.

Ceara
Old 01-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #8  
deleted2

Default Day 1---SUCCESS!

Ah, what a difference a day makes! I feel better already...
Here's how the deal went down today:

Breakfast: coffee w/ fat-free 1/2 and 1/2
hi-fiber tortilla w/ egg sub., fat-free cheese, soy bacon, brocolli, onions and peppers
clememtine

Lunch: potato-veg. soup
veg.-pesto pizza

Dinner:1 1/2 slices Mexican pizza topped w/ lettuce

Snacks: apple***banana
lo-fat ice cream cone

I figure today's calories to be about 1400 and I got in 125 min. of exercise too!

Old 01-17-2004, 11:41 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Talking Where's the clown?

All hail the Demon Food Slayer Trio s Eydie, Ceara and Amarantha!!!! This dream team hath powered through the first day of the 21 in fine fettle with no whine or wine for C and a totally fab food menu for E, not to mention no crappy candy for A!!!! Hooray!!! Let's keep going, Trio, or Quadra if anyone else joins us!!!! We have two weeks and six days to go!!!! Woooooo!

Amarantha's Candy NOT Report: Day 2, Counting!

Methinks 3FC hath taken away my clown! (: Sigh! That's ok, 'cause I'm still gonna play and stay!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-17-2004 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Closing italics, looking for my clown!
Old 01-17-2004, 04:31 PM   #10  

Ok, I'm with you... since I heard that the Cadbury Eggs are out early...

I too, will not have any candy... in fact, I will do my darndest to avoid any processed white items but for sure, the biggest problem for me is candy.

And so proclaimed.

Now, if I may have ruling on "crappy?"
Would that mean Godiva? or some of the Belgian varieties?
Old 01-17-2004, 06:59 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Angry

Yowza!!!! K be with us and so now we be the Fearsome Foursome o' Bad Food Demon Slayers!!!!! Huzzah!!! No bad food be gonna sneak past this thread!!!!!! No way, not today!!!

K, I'd be loathe under any circumstances to call Godiva or Belgian chocolate crappy! But the Imperial Food Police Demon Food Division expert is being called in from the countryside for that ruling!!!!

Amarantha's Candy NOT Report: Day 2, On To Day 3!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-17-2004 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Codes!!! And still looking for the clown!
Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #12  
the sword bearer

Exclamation What day are we on?

Losin' it...I think we are onto day 4 right...anyway that's where I think I'm at...Thurs, Fri and Sat Yup onto day 4!!!

Ceara
Old 01-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy! This and the NOLA challenge have enabled moi to drop down to 152 ... virgin territory, at least for the past few years!!!! I'm more enthusiastic than ever about NO CRAPPY CANDY!!!!!!

Hmmm, Ceara, I'm on Day 3 because I see I started on the 16th, but I think it should only matter what day YOU started on ... even if the thread wasn't up ... also there's a time difference and I'm not sure which day I actually put the thread up here ... but anyhow this is all about our individual goals, so I'd say CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 4!!!! Yowza!

I know I'm on the third day because it's Sunday and on Thursday I was on the road for 16 hours covering stuff all over this freakin' county and I had 14 evil PB cups (opening the door to a bunch of other BAD FOOD DEMONS)!!!

And the nice thing about a 21-day challenge is if one falleth off the wagon, well, there's always another Day One loping over the horizon to find us!

Avanti all!!!

Amarantha's Candy NOT Report: Day 3, Counting!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #14  
deleted2

Default Saturday

BREAKFAST:coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
banana

LUNCH: veg. quesadilla
lettuce w/ guacamole
beans

DINNER: soy 'chic' patty w/ pizza sauce and lite cheese
lentil pasta w/ pesto and vegs [1 cup]

SNACKS: fat-free fudgesicle
6 asst. homemade cookies

Had lunch at a mexican restaurant today. I think I did okay. Didn't have any of those chips they bring around.
Only bad thing about the day is I had too may cookies. I try to comfort myself by saying they were whole grain and all that, but I'm not buying it!

Old 01-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #15  
the sword bearer

Default Ah Ha!

Then I'm on Day 3 too! Told ya I 'm a little discomboobulated!

Ceara
Closed Thread