Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #1  

Default Breastfeeding after 140 lb. weight loss... now not losing

I posted in the wrong section, I just found this tonight!

Here is my original thread that should have been posted here....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...preg-loss.html
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I did not lose a pound breastfeeding. Any time I cut calories, my supply would tank. I eventually gained back 10-15 pounds by the time I weaned my daughter around 15 months. It was very frustrating to say the least.

At around 6 months pp, I decided to focus on exercise. I completed C25K while I was nursing, took up boot camp, started riding my bike to work again. I got much more fit, even if the scale didn't agree. And I ended up dropping 10 pounds almost immediately after weaning.

I think some of us hold on to weight during that post partum time. I had a coworker melt away bf'ing and it's hard not to compare. In the end, I weaned earlier than I would have liked because the standstill was too much for me to handle.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #3  

Is your baby eating solids yet? I know its frustrating but sometimes when you are the sole source of nutrition for your baby, your body just holds onto weight. I (not to depress anyone here) have not ever been able to start losing until my baby is eating mostly solid food. For me that is usually well over a year. I am still nursing my almost 2 year old and weight loss has been veeery slow. I did manage to get down to 10 lbs above my prepregnancy weight for #3, but my goal is to get back down to Prepregnancy weight for #2.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I'm in the same boat. I actually was lower than my pre-pregnancy weight once I had my second daughter almost 9 months ago. Now after nursing her all this time I've gone UP. With my first daughter I wasn't really paying attention but when I weaned her at around 12 months, in combination with walking and watching my diet, 20+ lbs melted off.

I've spent the last few days scouring online and there are a bunch of other women chiming in to say they either maintained or gained weight until they weaned. Apparently the hormones affects some to lose weight while nursing and some of us to pack on a few extra lbs.

My almost 9 months old has really started to pack away the solids and she doesn't nurse as much. Already in the past two weeks I've noticed I've lost weight in my stomach, and my appetite isn't so hard to control.

There's hope!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote