Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 4/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #2  

Default Yep. No loss week 1

I hadn't felt Wierd, hungry, or anything. I followed the protocol and like the other diets, no loss. Stupid scale. I am going to keep going because I know it is physically impossible not to lose weight as it is so low cal. I have started journaling my food to make sure I am not taking in too many calories or carbs. This is what I normally have been eating:
Morning: choc shake- Proti-diet
Mid morning- snack 1 cup cucumbers with white vinegar with dill
Lunch-Proti diet chicken noodle soup. 1-2 cups lettuce salad with mushrooms, green peppers, vinegar and 2 tsps olive oil, lemon juice
Dinner- chicken breast and 2 cups of broccoli
I drink some coffee with a little skim, but the rest is water all day.
I don't have a IP coach. I have been using the most current Phase 1 sheet. Here is my summary from yesterday:
Fat 38% carb 19% protein 43%
Any suggestions would be great!
Billy7613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Phase 1, day 1 starts today!! Very excited! Have a whole week of good meals planned. I've enjoyed thinking of ways I can doctor up my IP packets with veggies and spices to make them interesting. It's a fun challenge!
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #4  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Morning:
It's been awhile since I've checked in and missing the support from my fellow IP'ers.
I am trying to find the IP Phase 2 sheet.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Morning:
It's been awhile since I've checked in and missing the support from my fellow IP'ers.
I am trying to find the IP Phase 2 sheet.
There's a link on the first post of each day
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning everyone. I had a restful yet productive weekend and wasn't hungry yesterday... Yay! I have to remember next time I'm struggling to take a time out to rest and get back in the 'zone'. Seemed to do the trick! Have a good day!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
I hadn't felt Wierd, hungry, or anything. I followed the protocol and like the other diets, no loss. Stupid scale. I am going to keep going because I know it is physically impossible not to lose weight as it is so low cal. ...Any suggestions would be great!
Sometimes your body may be reacting because it's TOO low cal all of a sudden and it has gone into "starvation caveman mode" or whatever they call it. I'm not sure what your starting weight is, but make sure you're getting in all your packets as recommended. On yesterday's chat Lisa listed the packets per weight ratio. Check to see-- maybe you should be having an extra packet for the first bit?

Some people also think skipping the restricted helps them but others find they need the boost so maybe add a restricted as your last packet. It may be a yummy treat to look forward to as well

Don't give up. The journalling is really important. You'll see a trend after a bit.

Last edited by IP43; 04-07-2014 at 10:54 AM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good morning everyone. I had a restful yet productive weekend and wasn't hungry yesterday... Yay! I have to remember next time I'm struggling to take a time out to rest and get back in the 'zone'. Seemed to do the trick! Have a good day!
I'm so glad you're feeling better. It sounds like you have gained good knowledge from this experience and another tool to keep you OP = taking time to take care of yourself. Good job.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

I was traveling for work all last week but I thought about all of you fellow IP'ers.

I did a bit of P2 last week to get through my traveling. Ate 2 lean and green meals and then cut out my last snack, but it helped me get through the week without a cheat, so that's a total NSV! I thought for sure at my conferences, when the free alcohol and hors d'oevers were flowing, I was going to cave. But I didn't and came back to a 7.4 scale loss!

And I earned my ticker! Love seeing the progress on that thing!
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #10  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from a week long trip and was able to stay completely OP. I went with my daughter and son-in-law by car on a 21 hour drive to see my grandson graduate from army boot camp. I packed a week's worth of chopped up miscellaneous veggies, along with Rainbow's travel kit and lots of protein packets. The ice chest sat beside me in the back seat and worked out perfectly. The kids always ate somewhere for my benefit although I kept telling them I could eat anywhere since I was so prepared.
Today, I weighed and lost a pound since I left but that's better than what could have happened if I had not been prepared for the trip. I am so happy with myself and that I can successfully get to the end of this journey if I keep at it.
As a side note I was able to walk the length of the football sized field along with the crowd at a good pace. I couldn't have done that 6 months ago before losing all this weight.
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #11  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

yay, 64peppergirl! You go!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I was wondering if someone can tell me why we cannot have Jello sugar free jello? Thanks
Rubygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I hadn't felt Wierd, hungry, or anything. I followed the protocol and like the other diets, no loss. Stupid scale. I am going to keep going because I know it is physically impossible not to lose weight as it is so low cal. I have started journaling my food to make sure I am not taking in too many calories or carbs. This is what I normally have been eating:
Lunch-Proti diet chicken noodle soup. 1-2 cups lettuce salad with mushrooms, green peppers, vinegar and 2 tsps olive oil, lemon juice
I don't have a IP coach. I have been using the most current Phase 1 sheet. Here is my summary from yesterday:
Are you measuring your veggies? Maybe you are getting a few more in than you realize. Also, the Danilyn made a good point. You want to be sure to get that snack in! I was ill with the flu for a week and I had a terrible time eating all the food for that week and I somehow managed not to loose a pound eating 300-400 calories a day for about 6 days. (Not a planned thing - I just couldn't keep anything down) Another thing that might play a factor is TOM. Weight fluctuates like mad during that time!!! Keep up the good work and the scale will be more compliant in the next few weeks for sure!!!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Started using alternatives today and I'm a bit nervous! In 2 months, I have lost 30 pounds! I want to keep that up! But I also want to have a little more spending money to make this a fabulous summer for my niece who lives with us. It's hard to justify all the money spent on IP products when alternatives can be purchased for less and the money can go towards fabulous summer programs (you are only a kid once)...
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Billy - first of all, I commend your stick-with-it attitude! Second, since I promised you that you the scale would go down today I guess I have to eat my words. (But there might be carbs in words, so I will have some crow instead.)

In addition the great suggestions others have made here, I have to ask if you are taking the recommended vitamins/supplements on the P1 sheet? You DO need a multi-vitamin (because this diet is severely lacking), calcium/magnesium (the magnesium will help you from getting constipated - speaking of which, are you having regular BMs? If you're backed up the scale can be up several pounds!), and the potassium (to prevent muscle cramps.)

I would also recommend the omega-3s as suggested on the sheet. I found on the weeks I didn't take them my losses were slower, but my evidence is purely anecdotal.
JenJen444 is offline   Reply With Quote