Old 04-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254.8/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Food processor/Magic Bullet

Hello folks! I am looking into getting a food processor or magic bullet and was wondering if you folks could give suggestions on which would be best?
mymnmz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

While I'm not IP and I dont have a food processor or a magic bullet... I DID invest in a good immersion blender! If you are short on storage/counter space, I recommend it. It doesn't take up huge amounts of space, doesn't sit on my counter and works like a charm!!!

(I have this)

It makes short work of smoothies, is a breeze to clean and then shove back into the drawer till the next day I use it to whizz up big batches of soup right in the pot too!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymnmz3 View Post
Hello folks! I am looking into getting a food processor or magic bullet and was wondering if you folks could give suggestions on which would be best?
Hi..I have just been down this road...and this week replaced both my waring blender and my mini prep with a vitamix...(never had a "real" food processor)...and replaced the cuisinart mini-prep with a mid level nutribullet. Hoping for what I do...these were good choices. Folks here were generous with taking time telling me about them in yesterday's daily chat. You can chop in both of these...and mix and grind. For us, I decided having a "smaller" appliance and one that does bigger jobs is what was really needed and will make life easier. Both of these appliances are more powerful than what we had....I'd like an immersion blender and will probably get one of those too in the near future. It seems this way of eating lends itself to many of these appliances. Blending drinks, making soups, salad dressings and not buying "processed" stuff...but becoming more DIY than ever before..

Unfortunately, I could not find that one would be able to do it all for me...So you will need to evaluate what your own needs are then read about the options on line to match it to what you think is closest to how you will use it...or decide on more than one which made most sense for me.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
While I'm not IP and I dont have a food processor or a magic bullet... I DID invest in a good immersion blender! If you are short on storage/counter space, I recommend it. It doesn't take up huge amounts of space, doesn't sit on my counter and works like a charm!!!

(I have this)

It makes short work of smoothies, is a breeze to clean and then shove back into the drawer till the next day I use it to whizz up big batches of soup right in the pot too!
Thankyou for this...!! I have been looking at these...it's my next acquisition for my very bare kitchen which was gutted of all the old stuff in the last weeks!.....
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Thankyou for this...!! I have been looking at these...it's my next acquisition for my very bare kitchen which was gutted of all the old stuff in the last weeks!.....
Happy to help

I've had mine for about a year now, and while I don't use it everyday I find it easy enough to find/use/clean/store that I never think it it's too much work to make something with it!

I don't think I've used the chopper part of it, as I haven't had the need yet, nor the whisk attachment... I'm sure there is many many more things I could do with it that I have yet to try!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Happy to help

I've had mine for about a year now, and while I don't use it everyday I find it easy enough to find/use/clean/store that I never think it it's too much work to make something with it!

I don't think I've used the chopper part of it, as I haven't had the need yet, nor the whisk attachment... I'm sure there is many many more things I could do with it that I have yet to try!
For several years now I make and transport a large pot of soup once a month...and think this sounds like a dandy thing to give a final whirrr to the soup before it is served at the destination.

At home we also do a lot of soups...and make our own tomato sauce from our homegrown tomatoes, and we love berry sorbets with no additives so the Vitamix should help with that. Everyone who has one...LOVES theirs.

And then ... there is me ... still enjoying and using some RTD protein shakes on busy mornings, although on maintenance for months now...and the bullet got rave love notes for that task! Also we make relatively small batches of hummus (mostly for DH only...I usually avoid it other than a small taste...) and the bullet seems a better size than the Vitamix for making only a cup or two of something like that.

Have been doing most of this for the last 20 years in a waring blender... or a dying mini prep...what was I thinking?????
Old 04-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #7  

I need something that pulverizes ice. I love ice in everything, and in the summer I made an ice with some flavorings in it every night.

This is what I use. It is simple to use and pretty cheap.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote