Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #1  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 254.4/233.0/140

Height: 5'5

Default new to low carb not new to the forum

Hi everyone. I just started my low carb diet today. So far so good. I was on ww since August but only lost 21 pounds or so. Then nothing happened. I tryed and tryed but it just wasn't for me I guess. Finally I decided something had to be done so I joined a weight loss clinic but declined the pills. So I'm just doing the diet thsy gave me. Having them weigh me each week will help me stay accountable. Anyway I wanted to say hi.
butterflygirljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #2  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Welcome to the Low Carb Lifestyle! What are the rules for your low carb eating plan?

I'm on Atkins Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL) and am using the 5 pound challenge to stay accountable. You don't have to be doing the Atkins Nutritional Plan to join in though. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atki...-won-last.html

Hope to see you there.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #3  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 254.4/233.0/140

Height: 5'5

Hi mschris. I was told no more then 35 carbs daily and no more the 60 grams of protein. So that's what I stuck to today. Not sure what elde to do. I'm abit lost. I have set a five pound goal for the next two weeks. I have 98 to lose.
butterflygirljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:01 AM   #4  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Its not a hard eating plan. Did they take your measurements? I'm big on measuring because when the scales don't move fat still does. I also like ketostix. At 35 carbs daily, you should go into ketosis. If the scales aren't cooperating, then the color on the sticks let you know you are still losing weight. I got my most recent box from Walmart for $6. Since you have a 5 pound goal already why not join us at the link I gave and have a little more accountability.

What are some of the things you are eating?
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

I'd say have only loose time goals and change goals. For me it's my way of eating for the rest of my life. So as long as I working toward being successful on LCHF it was a good day regardless of the scale.

For sure the scale was valuable feedback to tweek things. But there is just today and everyday after. When I hit 200 wasn't nearly as important as getting my framework down and improving on it.

And what is a change goal? My first goal was to cut out fast food places completely. Then it was to exercise at least five days a week. Then cut out bread, etc.

My favorite quote is weight loss is a side effect of eating well and moving.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 04-03-2014 at 04:39 PM.