Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #1  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Enough is Enough

Hello!

My name is Colleen. I am 35 years old, married, mother of 2 and I am fat. Just plain fat. I realize that this is not a positive way to refer to myself but, I have finally realized that...I am fat.

I am 5'5" 220lbs. My eating is out of control and I am constantly tired. I do not choose the correct foods. I do not eat enough fruits and veggies. I do not exercise with any consistency. Half of the time, I don't even want to leave the house. I live in the South and it gets HOT in the summer. The thought of wearing sleeveless shirts and shorts makes me sick.. Worst of all, I constantly obsess over these things. I beat myself up, I tear myself down and I become more and more depressed. . It's a vicious cycle.

So.........................

I have 2 choices - I am continue on this same path, and continue to get fatter and fatter and, ultimately, make myself sick

OR

I can choose to make some significant changes in my life.

I choose the second option!

Now that I have gotten all of that off of my chest, it is time to move forward. Time to be more positive. Time to take each day, each hour, each minute, one at a time.

I am REALLY looking forward to meeting some new friends here on 3FC. I have read through many of your posts and I am finding a lot of inspiration.

Cheers to a New Me!!! FINALLY!
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Colleen! Lots of great people here, I'm glad you've joined us for your journey.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Welcome Colleen. Do not give up. Be patient with yourself while you find your feet and figure out how to eat well and in a way that enables you to lose weight.

Patience, you need it. Enjoy the journey. And learn to be kind and compassionate to yourself. It will help you a lot. You have no idea how it will help you. If you need extra support try to find a local counsellor to chat to from time to time. It helps.

If you've got the time, Read my blog in the signature link below because i give one version of healthy eating. Ignore the fact that i don't eat much meat if you want to eat meat. I've got recipes, useful ideas, useful thoughts, useful links etc while i've been on this journey since January this year.

I don't have children so i don't have that difficulty that you have. Granted. Take your kids on this journey with you if you can. Bring them up to eat healthy like the new you.

I'm also from a hot place, hotter than your place probably because i live in the tropics. We are going towards winter now though so that's ok.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/233/155

Height: 5'3"

I sympathize with the "I'm just fat" sentiment. It's a truth, for me. My friend wants me to go to Plato's Closet for clothes, I laughed, and said "they don't have fat people clothes". Embrace it and get rid of it, my new mantra!

I hope you are doing wonderful on your journey with weight loss!
Lady_Ardrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #5  

Negative self image is a poor foundation to build life changes on. I'm sure there are lovely things about your body that you aren't telling us about. Love yourself for who you are- the good and the bad. Wanting to lose fat because it's hot in the summer and you want more energy are good motivators. You're also doing your health and longevity a favor, too. Just try to keep these things in mind as you embark on this journey. It's my opinion that's it's mostly psychological. Fix your unhealthy relationship with food and I think you'll find that the pounds will come off.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/179/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone my name is Ann and I will be 37 this month. My heaviest has always been 150, well after two years of not paying attention I passed 150 and kept going. I have been studying and sitting for the CPA exam and working full time as an accountant requires a lot of sitting still and minimal movement throughout the day.

My 18 year old son walked in the kitchen the other day and poked my belly "hey Ma what happened" yikes that's a good question. Time to get healthy one mini goal at a time!
belladoggy is offline   Reply With Quote