Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Being away speaks volumes

Count me among the statistics for those who lose a ton of weight but couldn't seem to get to goal or maintain.

Right now I'm dealing with a lot of shame and sadness as I face the hurdle of getting my health back in line and as I said in my blog today, if you are going to throw stones or be a hater - please don't. Keep it to yourself and gloat on the inside.

I'm here for ME and I'm being honest (instead of creating a new persona or something) to be honest to not only myself, but to everyone else on this gosh darn journey to better living.

I'm not sure yet where I'm going to land for inspiration, but this place was a rock for me before and right now I need all the support I can get.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Welcome back, like you I was gone for awhile, had to start over, never thought I'd be able to lose the weight again in my 50s, just want to welcome you back and give some support and encouragement.

It took me a couple years, but it can be done.

You can succeed again, you're taking the first steps, best to you

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-31-2014 at 01:55 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Melissa.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #4  
Melissa

Look at you IanG! You've done great!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I'm glad you've come back...your posts always stood out to me. You're strong...you got this.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #6  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back Melissa!! I've always enjoyed your posts and am glad you're back!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #7  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Melissa! It's the old crowd again.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Melissa - I can only speak for me, but I have truly missed you!!! I know how hard it must be for you to come back, but as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome back with OPEN ARMS!!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! You are an inspiration to a lot of people here.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #10  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I missed you too, Melissa! Stuff happens and sometimes priorities shift for a while. Good to see you again!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #11  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I can't imagine gloating over someone backsliding. That would make me an incredibly hypocritical person; I've backslid way more than I care to admit. You'll get no judgement from me.

I've tripped up a lot, and yet I haven't given up. I'm kind of proud about that. You coming back here indicates to me that you haven't given up either. If I remember right, that's a trait of someone who is 'successful' at weight loss (whatever that means to a person).

I've thought about making a new persona before. I didn't because while I was embarrassed by my lapses or by my stasis, I didn't want to leave my history behind me. I struggled before, I'll struggle again, and whether I like it or not it's all part of it. So I figured I'd just own it (unpleasant though it can be sometimes).

I'm glad you came back! I always took notice of your posts! I'm sure you'll get a ton of support here.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #12  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hugs. (As much as you can via the Internet!)

No hating. This is REALITY! I'm sorry life threw you some curveballs. I'm struggling right now, too.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #13  
Melissa

Thank you ever so much everyone. I've been dealing with a pretty deep depression - which makes sense as to why I didn't care enough to stop the gain and stopped my needed medications.

My husband is very frustrated with me - angry, sad, hurt... and while I understand I also want to scream, "Suck it up!!!! This is NOT about you. I'm not doing it to hurt you or punish you. Can you just be loving and supportive?"

And then the reasonable voice comes in and says, "Melissa, he's human too... and he's helpless, yet affected by this - as it's just not the weight gain, obviously, it's total neglect to take care of myself and he just has to watch..."

Part of it is I realize I have Season Affect Disorder, so I've been trying to treat that (spring coming is helping), but I was in that funk all summer too - it just got way worse over the winter like WAY worse.

Digging myself out now (and have been the last few weeks).

I don't know how I can be an inspiration to someone - I kind of feel like the sports star that got caught having the extra marital affair or something scandalous like that - fallen from glory... Not that I was ever in a place of glory, but I slipped pretty far down in everything.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-31-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #14  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

Aw Melissa-
I am new to this site, but I can tell from reading everyone's comments, and your comments, that you are awesome. I know you may not feel that way at the moment but that will evolve. Thanks for having the courage to be here.
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You're no Tiger Woods. You came back. All that matters. And it sounds to me like LIFE happened.

I've lost maybe five pounds total in close to a year, and I'm nowhere close to goal. How's that for failing epically. Come sit by me. We can start over together!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote