Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 3/31/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #2  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone! I've been reading regularly on the threads but haven't posted due to working some absolutely horrendous hours. But March 31st is today, I only have to get through April and then things should slow down. I haven't been able to do anything but work and sleep. I haven't exercised at all and I am starting to feel antsy but the great news is that even though I've been super stressed, I haven't used it as an excuse to 'treat' myself and I've managed to stay 100% OP. This is a big achievement for me but I have to credit some amazing posts during this time, many of them very heartfelt, that reiterated to me that cheating is just not worth it. I want to thank those who have posted warnings as this really assisted me during the last month.

I'm aware that stress hinders weightloss but, touch wood, I've been losing a regular 2lbs a week and the inches are continuing to disappear!

I'm looking forward to when things slow down and I can start experimenting with cooking with IP products. Definitely keen to try Lisa's zucchini muffins.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #3  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

WAHOOOOOOOOO
Well many of you may have seen on weekend chat yesterday that my official weigh ins are today, and as long as I don't gain I'll be at 24lbs in 6 weeks, for a total of 4lb/wk well guess what I lost in the night again. I am at 25lbs lost and that added pound puts me halfway to my first big goal of being under 200.... I am unbelievably happy today and NOTHING is going to change that!!!!! Not even the fact that it's Monday!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
WAHOOOOOOOOO
Well many of you may have seen on weekend chat yesterday that my official weigh ins are today, and as long as I don't gain I'll be at 24lbs in 6 weeks, for a total of 4lb/wk well guess what I lost in the night again. I am at 25lbs lost and that added pound puts me halfway to my first big goal of being under 200.... I am unbelievably happy today and NOTHING is going to change that!!!!! Not even the fact that it's Monday!!!!!
Great job!!!! Keep it up!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
WAHOOOOOOOOO

Fabulous!!! Congrats!!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Good morning everyone!! I am planning on making the cauliflower rice tonight for dinner for the first time. I have read many posts and recipes but have a question. Somebody posted that they measure the cauliflower before grating it. Which makes sense but the recipe call for 3 1/2 cups of grated cauliflower. So the question is, when making the recipe, is it just one serving or more?

Last edited by sweetharmony; 03-31-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

RosiePosie101 - Hooray for staying 100% despite the stress! It's all your mindset, isn't it? We can pretty much do anything we decide we can.

Hope things ease up for you and congrats on the losses!

AmberLS - Congrats to you!

sweetharmony - if you make the recipe with 3 1/2 cups you would still only eat 2 cups (if that's the only veggie you're having). I measure the florets raw and whole and then shred them. So you'll need to either reduce the recipe to only make one serving or divide it up after you cook it.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #8  

Quote:
WAHOOOOOOOOO
Congratulations - that is terrific!!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #9  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Survived cookies and corks without so much as a bite or sip. I just crunched up my cookies and snuck pieces on my husbands plate when no one was looking also swapped my wine with his so it looked like I was drinking a little. Maybe it was bad to be so sneaky but my friend didn't notice and I stayed OP
Old 03-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
WAHOOOOOOOOO
Isn't it the bestest feeling in the world?! Look at that hard work paying off!! So proud of you!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

RosiePosie - you are doing great! Don't stress the exercise part You will get back to it once you are less busy.

AmberLS - great going! 4 lbs per week is amazing!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/140/140

Default a little help

I have a few questions (I have spent the last 2 hours reading and researching but want to clarify).

I have met my weight loss goal and spent about 1.5 weeks on P2. I am now moving to P3. I am terrified of the breakfast change because I am not a person who enjoys eating in the morning. Despite that, I am going to seek out some prep ahead or quick meals. I many even have dinner or lunch foods in the morning. BUT... can P3 be for 1 week? I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks and so worried about maintaining.

I read all 21 pages of the P3 thread but any new tips would be helpful...
Old 03-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #13  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Today is day 5 for me. So far no headaches or nausea today so I am very excited about that. Getting used to the plan and it is fairly easy to stick to. Thanks again for all of the tips and support!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

AmberLS Congrats on your loss......keep up the good work!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
Survived cookies and corks without so much as a bite or sip. I just crunched up my cookies and snuck pieces on my husbands plate when no one was looking also swapped my wine with his so it looked like I was drinking a little. Maybe it was bad to be so sneaky but my friend didn't notice and I stayed OP

Sometimes we need to do what we need to do! Good for you.
Closed Thread