View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #9

S/C/G: 158/127/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Taking a Step in Your Shoes

I understand how upset you must feel. At my heaviest weight, I was almost 200 pounds and bingeing every single day. I have struggled for years with over eating and it can be one of the most painful and emotionally draining things. The most important thing to remember is that you are not alone. My best advice after successfully losing weight, and most of all, giving up the guilt of binge eating, is not to chose a "diet" where you are restricting yourself. Binge eating seems to be triggered for me by telling myself that I can't have something, or trying to "make up for it" the next day by under eating. Life is about choices, and although I consider binge eating an addiction, you have the power within yourself to set that addiction aside. Every time you say "no" to over eating you are taking back power. I still struggle with urges to over eat and I think that I always will. An addiction never truly goes away, and with food, you cannot avoid it because you need it to live. If you binge, do not feel guilty. Sit the with the choice and try to identify why it happened. This can help you move forward without shame.

Best of luck
HopefulThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote