Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/27/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning
So I am going to start booking our family cruise today. We are planning it for August. Im excited due to the fact that I know I will be smaller and Ill really get to enjoy this vacation.
But has anyone done a cruise and been able to take IP packets with you to stay OP?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Not a cruise, but have traveled. Shaker and packets travel easy and add some tupperware and use available microwaves and you are good.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

The show opens tonight!! Good thing because I am tired. Oh to be young again and handle this schedule.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #5  
~Learning Everyday~

In June we have rented a beach house so I know I will continue to stay OP no problem cause I can stock fridge with my veggies and continue what Im doing.
I just imagine them being like the airlines lol no outside drinks on board....
Old 03-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
The show opens tonight!! Good thing because I am tired. Oh to be young again and handle this schedule.
Good luck on the show! I'll bet all your hard work pays off in a wonderful production!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #7  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good Morning
So I am going to start booking our family cruise today. We are planning it for August. Im excited due to the fact that I know I will be smaller and Ill really get to enjoy this vacation.
But has anyone done a cruise and been able to take IP packets with you to stay OP?
That sounds like fun! Could you contact the cruise line and ask about special dietary needs? I'm looking forward to our summer trip -we only see this side of the family once a year, so I'm expecting they will be surprised to see the change in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Best wishes for a glorious opening night!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning!

We're finally heading into some warmer weather. I may even be able to open my windows this weekend Next official WI is this afternoon, but I'm not worried. These hips don't lie & they are sliding into smaller pants with ease. My waist on the other hand.......

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing -that's why we recommend it daily. ~Zig Ziglar
Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #9  
~Learning Everyday~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Good morning!

We're finally heading into some warmer weather. I may even be able to open my windows this weekend Next official WI is this afternoon, but I'm not worried. These hips don't lie & they are sliding into smaller pants with ease. My waist on the other hand.......

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing -that's why we recommend it daily. ~Zig Ziglar
Good luck today at WI....let us know how it goes

I will ask today about the cruise and let y'all know what they say.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Dallas IPers

We are taking a trip to Dallas in 3.5 weeks. Can you give me an idea as to what the weather is like down there at the end of April? This winter has been rough all over and is still hanging on up here in MN BUT does it tend to be warmer down there?

ALl I have are sweaters so if it is getting warm there I need some new clothes LOL.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Survived Day 1, feeling OK. Did NOT like the maple oatmeal, so did a quick change to a drink. I did wake up with dark circles under my eyes. I never have dark circles, anyone else get this? I searched but didn't find anything, so maybe unrelated. Thanks everyone, have a great IP day
Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Just wondering which is best...measuring your veggies before or after cooking. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indygal View Post
Just wondering which is best...measuring your veggies before or after cooking. Any suggestions?
Before... always before!!! same goes for your meats too
Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
We are taking a trip to Dallas in 3.5 weeks. Can you give me an idea as to what the weather is like down there at the end of April? This winter has been rough all over and is still hanging on up here in MN BUT does it tend to be warmer down there?

ALl I have are sweaters so if it is getting warm there I need some new clothes LOL.

HA! Girl, this is Tx.. apparently we can experience all 4 seasons in 1 day!

I would say it would be mild 80's and maybe some spring showers. Usually april is our wet season with thunderstorms or Tornados!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
HA! Girl, this is Tx.. apparently we can experience all 4 seasons in 1 day!

I would say it would be mild 80's and maybe some spring showers. Usually april is our wet season with thunderstorms or Tornados!
Ok then cooler clothes for me LOL. In MN we can have all 4 seasons in 1 day also, if you don't like the weather wait an hour and it will change LOL.

We will be there for 4 days- house hunting *sigh* I need to make sure the kids are dressed properly. Light jackets or no? Today it is onlt 19 outide and sunday should be around 60 ROFL!
Closed Thread