Thread: A Question
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #5
mthrgoos68

Pat, I'm not at goal yet, but thought I'd share my experiences with you.

As you transended from plus size to regular size did you experience any suprises, disappointments, frustrations? I had gotten so big that I couldn't even shop in the Plus Size sections any more, I was ordering most of my clothes from Lane Bryant. Just being able to go to the store and look at clothes with my daughters is so exciting and wonderful. I definitely think that they are making sizes bigger than they used to, but that's okay with me! It's a little disappointing that I don't have quite the body that I remember having under all the fat. There's still so much loose skin that I don't look as good as I would like to at all.

What is teh best thing that happened to you? Our trip to California this year. I was able to ride on the rides with my kids and run around and enjoy it all. It was wonderful! I hadn't been able to ride on the rides for a long time, so it was really wonderful to be able to enjoy it all.

What made it different this time? Putting my focus on getting healthy when I first started. I was just so tired of worrying all the time that I was going to have a heart attack and of being so tired and sore all the time. I just started off by trying to be healthier and that seemed to make the difference for me.

ANd what do you do to ward off becoming complacent? That's really hard. There are many times now that I think I've gone far enough and that I can just stop here, but I know that I've set a goal and I want to reach it. Finding people to talk to about my weight loss goals and reaching them has really helped. I really got off track during my vacation and the holidays and that wasn't good, but I'm back on track now and realizing that I do need to keep going until I reach my goal.

You've made great progress so far too and I know that you will reach your goals!