Old 03-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #1  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Default 40-Somethings March Chat Thread!!

Hi, Everyone!! Welcome to March's chat!! You know what to do...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Oh.My. How long has it been since I've checked in?? I really need to get back to it. I've been so busy with the new job. It was published as 20 hours a week, but that really hasn't been the case and I've been working a ton. All good, though.

Nothing else new. Still figuring out how not to eat too much when I get home. Still trying to work in exercise. Still waiting for winter to be over.

So, what's the good news? Well, my clothes seem to fit so I'm doing okay weight-wise. I guess I should weigh myself, ugh. And the really good news??? Today makes 51 days and counting of NO CANDY!!

I'll try to get caught up over the next few days if I can...

Hi to all my friends here, old and new. I miss you!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

There you are, glad to hear things going well! 51 days with no candy -- you're a hero!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #4  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Heidi and Mrs S are back! I have missed you ladies!!

Where is everyone else???

I have taken a diet break I took 3 weeks off from exercise and somehow my eating followed the suit. Some days have been excellent, others have been horrible. I am recommitting today. I made my meal plan, and I will hit the gym (hard). I think I will be eating the same lunch every day for the unseen future, just to keep things simple and my fridge stocked. I will rotate my dinner with chicken/fish/pork/lean beef.

I have come way too far, in a relatively short period of time to give up now or get too relaxed. I am not at goal yet I have "sisu", please google it In short Sisu is something that Finns are proud of. It is basically stubbornness. Not giving up, doing the impossible regardless of obstacles. I come from a nation of sisu, so defeat is not an option

I have gained 3.4 pounds, in short I have not lost anything since February 1st. I am sure my 3.4 pounds is all fat. It could be a lot worse though. Some of the clothes that were getting loose at 138 pounds, feel snugger now.

So Here to a new start
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #5  
Hi!

Holy cow, I can't believe it's March!

Just too busy at work right now. And dealing w/an annoying, whiny DH, although I should be supportive. He's getting a root canal today. I don't know why he can't just deal w/the pain in silence like I do. I don't really want to know when it changes, and all the different places in his mouth that he feels like. I need to work on my supportive wife schtick.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #6  
Back 2 Low CArb living

S/C/G: 220/210/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Ladies... I been off and on.. Around here and there! lol.. I am happy to report I finally lost 10 lbs!!

took only 2 months! sad Sad Sad.. but I will take what I can.!

Good to see all your smiling faces..!! Hope March treats you all great!

Last edited by ames14; 03-06-2014 at 12:43 PM.
ames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #7  

I'm still here - and still stuck at 164. It's my own fault though - I have 2 good days followed by one bad day. I just can't seem to find that single-minded determination I had last year But every day I get up and try again. I'll try to post more often, maybe that will give me the incentive I need.
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

We go to Colorado next week, and I have travel stress-and-worry about practically everything trip-related. Timing for this trip is turning out to be highly inconvenient for my body, but what can I do?

pppppfffffftttttttthhhhhpppttttt, that's what I have to say.

Sum -- sisu, huh? I'm going to borrow some of that from you and pretend to be a Fin for a while (I'll ignore my Irish heritage for the moment). I have no doubt you'll get back to where you want to be, hang in there.

ames -- CONGRATULATIONS! 10 pounds in 2 months is really great, certainly nothing to sniff at! WELL DONE!

Linda -- Hang in there, at least you're getting those 2 good days, right? Imagine if you weren't getting any good ones! Give yourself credit for the good work on those days and just decide to start adding more "good" days, you can do it!

Mezmerelda -- it is pretty trying taking care of someone else, hang in there! (men really can be such babies, can't they?)

Edited to add: I believe I told pretty much every one of you to "hang in there", lol, so really, HANG IN THERE everybody!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 03-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Gave up diet soda for Lent. Staying strong but wow this will be the longest 40 days.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

Abbi -- I was surprised how hard it was to give up diet soda. At this point, I do occasionally treat myself to a diet coke, but for the most part I'm staying away from it. The cravings for it were alot stronger than I expected.

Hang in there!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

We sure are quiet.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #12  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Sorry, Mrs Snark. Sometimes I find it hard to keep up! I've been hanging in the c25k thread a bit, since I just started that- and the running seems to have me holding h2o so I haven't had much to boast about, lately! I'm trying to concentrate on eating healthy and exercising right now, and not worry too much about the weight...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

Good job on the C25k, that's exciting! I did the same program, thought it was great and it turned me into lifelong runner. Every mile is something to boast about, in my opinion!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #14  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Or every meter, in my case; but I'm fine with it taking as long as it takes, as long as I keep moving forward. Literally.

Did you find yourself retaining water at first? If so, when will that stop? Don't like puffy fingers- I like running, but I could really do without this!

Last edited by Magicsusan; 03-11-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/226/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hi all!

New to the site but love the boards. So many great motivational people! That is what we all need sometimes right? Just got back on the wagon after an 8 year "don't look don't care" attitude...bought a scale, recruited my family's help and am on my way to feeling better. That is the goal to feel better not so much get smaller (but that would be great too).

Have a great day ladies (& gents if there are any out there).
tky72 is offline   Reply With Quote