Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Does your clinic offer "Electro-Slim"?

My clinic is pushing this hard - and its not cheap for the packages they offer. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and what were the results?

Here is a description:
The noninvasive, no-impact workout takes place in the privacy of your own room, and has the unique ability to tone and tighten specific areas of the body via electrode pads placed on the skin. These electrodes deliver specific frequencies to targeted areas of the body to help increase the flow of oxygenated blood, improve circulation, work with the body's lymphatic system to promote detoxification, tone muscles, burn calories, help smooth out cellulite, and tighten sagging skin.
LuvA1exa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Have not heard of this and to me it sounds like a money grab. No impact workout while lying down? Sounds too good to be true.
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...alert_240.html

Quote:
Reason for Alert:
The use of these electrical devices in health clubs, beauty salons and figure salons has been increasing for several years. While there are legitimate uses for both muscle stimulators and iontophoresis devices, they are prescription devices and are misbranded when labeled for lay use. In addition, muscle stimulators are misbranded when any of the following claims are made: girth reduction, loss of inches, weight reduction, cellulite removal, bust development, body shaping and contouring, and spot reducing.

With the help of google, I found this out on another forum. (not 3fc)
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #4  

I watched a dateline or a 20/20 on this sort of this a while back. Total and complete scam!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Those gimmicks and millions of others are the reason why the diet industry is a multi-billion dollar cash cow!

Sheesh. I also remember the 20/20 (vaguely) and how it is a scam!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Luv1exa--where r u from in Nova? What clinic do u go to? I am in Alexandria
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211.5/147.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Treat yourself to a deep tissue massage. Personally, I think you'll get more out of it rather than hooking yourself up to electrodes.
gardenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #8  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Total money scam! IP will do its job if you follow it 100%. Don't waste your money! Spend it on IP food instead
tabletop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #9  

LUCCILOVE - I go to a clinic in Chantilly called 7Company Weight Loss and Wellness. It is off of Rte 50 west of 28. They also have an office in Leesburg (Lansdowne).

I live in Brambleton (Ashburn).

Thanks everyone for your replies - I knew it was too good to be true. I would rather have a massage than what this sounds like :-)
Old 03-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #10  

Default Yep!

I think my Coach is buying this. She even showed me the room she's putting it in. I'm thinking $$$$ too. I need to just do my walking and tell her I'm already working out.
wannabfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
LUCCILOVE - I go to a clinic in Chantilly called 7Company Weight Loss and Wellness. It is off of Rte 50 west of 28. They also have an office in Leesburg (Lansdowne).

I live in Brambleton (Ashburn).

Sounds like a scam to me too ;( I'm in nova as well. I go to a clinic in Reston that is managed by my primary care doctor and run by his office manager who is an RN. Let me know if you need the contact info. If I were you I'd run from here fast.
wantanewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #12  

Quote:
Sounds like a scam to me too ;( I'm in nova as well. I go to a clinic in Reston that is managed by my primary care doctor and run by his office manager who is an RN. Let me know if you need the contact info. If I were you I'd run from here fast.
Thanks - I will let you know.

They have a Groupon deal going on right now for the E-S. I think they are trying the spaghetti method of making money. They offer Pilates and massage in addition to everything else, but I never see anyone else there.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #13  
New Englandah

I just want to put in my 2 cents;

Bruce Lee was a big proponent of electrical muscle stimulation, but he used it for hours a day and it was after he was hurt and to help rebuild his muscles that had atrophied. As for doing a workout I really don't think its going to do the job for you. You'd have to stay on it for hours a day like Bruce Lee did to have any results.
AnaBanana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...alert_240.html

Quote:
Reason for Alert:
The use of these electrical devices in health clubs, beauty salons and figure salons has been increasing for several years. While there are legitimate uses for both muscle stimulators and iontophoresis devices, they are prescription devices and are misbranded when labeled for lay use. In addition, muscle stimulators are misbranded when any of the following claims are made: girth reduction, loss of inches, weight reduction, cellulite removal, bust development, body shaping and contouring, and spot reducing.

With the help of google, I found this out on another forum. (not 3fc)
Useful only for Physio post-injuries - other uses are a scam! Don't spend the money! Walk, bike, swim, play outdoors with the kids, etc...
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

There was a study done from Stanford a few years ago on a device like this...didn't do a dang thing!

I have finally discovered that taking the quick way to get to a goal....never actually gets me there.

My coach told me to not worry about working out right now. IP will burn the fat now. This Wed will be 3 weeks. He said I can try taking a short easy walk at that time and see how I do. If it doesn't go well, then I'll wait another week. Other than that, he doesn't want me to do much (which is still hard for my brain to grasp), but I've complied.

But my coach did say after the weight loss, he does want me to go and work out...lift weights...build muscle...exercise. He considers it just fat loss then muscle building...2 different things going on instead of trying to do both at the same time.
HulaChic is offline   Reply With Quote