Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #2  

Default From earlier on the closed thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper
"Hey guys, I buy the pure protein bars from Sam's. They r good. They r kinda at the upper limits for an ideal protein food. I have started limiting myself to 1 non restricted a week. Hoping this will help increase my pace of weight lost. It is beautiful weather here in South LA. It is a shame to not be running. Oh well, I sure running in July in the 90 temps and 100%humidity will b just fine."

From Lisa: You meant limit RESTRICTED, correct? Most people find IP works really well the way it is written (using 1 restricted/day) and doesn't need hacking. Exceptions to this would be if you are extremely carb sensitive, which is only a small portion of people. If you are exercising, I WOULD NOT cut out the restricted. Instead, plan your day well and stick to the p1protocol like glue. Deviations slow weight loss. Also, those with less weight to lose move slower.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicoleroper
"What is everyone's thoughts on egg white omelets? I have look at nutritional values and it looks better than most IP food"

from Lisa: I responded to this the other spot you asked
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites = omelet packet for anyone doing alts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145
"HELP!!!!! How far apart should your meals be???? just got home from work about to have my Proti Diet chicken noodle soup. I am a newbie.....3rd day......"

From RuthAnn
Congrats on making it to day 3! You're well on your way!

Meal timing kind of depends on what works with your life. You don't want to eat everything all at once, but how you break it up really depends on what works for you.

For example, my schedule during the week looks kind of like:

5-5:30ish: breakfast
9:30-10ish: hard-boiled egg or IP snack
1:30-2ish: lunch
6:30-7ish: dinner
8:30-9ish: snack (unless I had it earlier in the day)

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-20-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!

Just thought I'd share a product I tried last night that I thought was really good. I had the Birds Eye Lightly Seasoned Garlic Cauliflower. It's just a frozen steam-in-the-bag veggie you toss into the micro for six minutes. Really delicious and so easy. DH (not a veggie fan) also liked it, so may be a good one to try for people who are struggling to get their veggies in.

I'm going to get a few more bags this weekend and toss a couple in the freezer at work for those days I'm running late and can't pack my salad.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Morning all!

Just thought I'd share a product I tried last night that I thought was really good. I had the Birds Eye Lightly Seasoned Garlic Cauliflower. It's just a frozen steam-in-the-bag veggie you toss into the micro for six minutes. Really delicious and so easy. DH (not a veggie fan) also liked it, so may be a good one to try for people who are struggling to get their veggies in.

I'm going to get a few more bags this weekend and toss a couple in the freezer at work for those days I'm running late and can't pack my salad.
That sounds much better than my emergency food stash in my office! Right now, I have a few cans of spinach and turnip greens in case I forget to bring a lunch. : I pack my lunches the night before, but have been known to walk out without them in the mornings. I have a mini fridge in office that could hold maybe one or two frozen steam bags.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Morning all!

I'd be a little skeptical of using that regularly. Here's the ingredient list:

Ingredients: Cauliflower, Seasoning (Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Dehydrated Onion, Maltodextrin, Dehydrated Garlic, Spice, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin), Soybean Oil

It's mainly the seasonings that concern me (not the cauliflower!) - seasonings should be 0/0/0. You might want to try using frozen cauliflower for an emergency stash and your own seasonings.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #6  

Say it ain't so, Ruth Ann! Seems like there's always a catch...
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #7  

Quote:
Morning all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I'd be a little skeptical of using that regularly. Here's the ingredient list:

Ingredients: Cauliflower, Seasoning (Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Dehydrated Onion, Maltodextrin, Dehydrated Garlic, Spice, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin), Soybean Oil

It's mainly the seasonings that concern me (not the cauliflower!) - seasonings should be 0/0/0. You might want to try using frozen cauliflower for an emergency stash and your own seasonings.
Ruth Ann: You beat me to it.

Cauliflower should have 0 fat. This has 15 calories from fat (per 1 c. serving). Plus both maltodextrin and sugar are carbs AND soybean oil isn't good for us. This is what happens with processed foods.

0/0/0= carbs/sugar/fat (some people mistakenly say "calories" but that isn't one of the zeros

I'm sure this tastes great. I blame food processing companies for creating foods we crave and making us fat. Here's what I'd do:

Have some plain frozen "emergency food" and a plan for how to "spice it up"

In my cupboard I have pepper, garlic pepper, garlic salt & pepper, and garlic salt. One of those combos works on many things. Additionally, I have many, many spices. Old Bay is another great combo spice that works on lots of stuff
I even used my now empty small Real Salt shaker (from my IP started pack) & refilled it with my garlic salt/pepper mixture so I can have a small shaker at work.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

It's a great idea to keep frozen veggies at the office! I try to as well. I also keep a zip lock with my favorite spices in my desk drawer. It's nice when I make soup at work. It's got garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, sea salt, pepper and salt free tony chachere's!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #9  

Thanks, Lisa. I'm usually a huge proponent of "real food" versus anything processed. I don't typically use any produce that isn't fresh - very rarely frozen veg and never, ever canned. This just seemed so darned convenient and easy to keep on hand at work. And tasty to boot!

I think I'll still keep a bag in the freezer at work for "emergencies" because it's still better than nothing but I won't add them to the regular menu.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #10  

Quote:
Thanks, Lisa. I'm usually a huge proponent of "real food" versus anything processed. I don't typically use any produce that isn't fresh - very rarely frozen veg and never, ever canned. This just seemed so darned convenient and easy to keep on hand at work. And tasty to boot!

I think I'll still keep a bag in the freezer at work for "emergencies" because it's still better than nothing but I won't add them to the regular menu.
I wouldn't add other oil that day, and I'd probably forgo my restricted (replace with a non), just to make sure the added fat/calories in the veggies don't haunt me.

This is exactly why I make my smoothies in the morning with spinach and I usually have either zucchini muffins or another smoothie for lunch.
I can always have a giant salad with my meat for dinner and no veggies if I've consumed them all earlier in the day. Then I don't need emergency veggies.

How about keeping a jar of Bubbies pickles for an emergency? Don't even need to cook! As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna buy a spare, as well!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

hello,

i'm feeling a bit discouraged today.. i stepped on the scale and no change. Things that could potentially attribute to that -- TOM. How long should that last i dunno, but it really put a damper in my morning today.

Hope all is well in the virtual land with you all..

-Dani
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

http://www.***************.net/articles/scale_lies.htm
Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Question.....has anyone else found that they are colder than normal while doing IP? For the past few weeks I feel like I can never warm up!! I've even been wearing sweats and socks to bed -- totally out of the norm for me. I eat red meat at least 2x per week and take an iron supplement so I don't think it's anemia (energy levels are also the same). Hmm...

Last edited by sunflwr816; 03-20-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Question.....has anyone else found that they are colder than normal while doing IP? For the past few weeks I feel like I can never warm up!! I've even been wearing sweats and socks to bed -- totally out of the norm for me. I eat red meat at least 2x per week and take an iron supplement so I don't think it's anemia (energy levels are also the same). Hmm...
OH MY GOSH, YES!! Yesterday I spent the day under 2 blankets just trying to be slightly less cold. I have poor circulation, so I have that working against me....and total I've lost 23# so far, so I suppose that could make a difference in warmth too! I just asked my DH to buy me a mini rebounder so I could stay warm!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Quote:
Hi sunflwr816 - YES- I have been on IP for three weeks and haven't felt like I could get warm. I take a sweater with me everywhere I go. It was almost warfare when I spent an hour in the car with my sister not on IP and she kept asking me to turn the heat down. :-) Of course she had fried shrimp with fries and I had filet with broccoli for dinner.
Closed Thread